Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, November 17, 2013

#JournalChat Live 11/17/13 Part III Your Journaling: When It Hurts with special guest, M. Shannon Hernandez


cherapple2:48pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 @WritingWhisper Journaling is an act of giving yourself kind attention in the face of pain. #journalchat
Retweeted by maryogaraNM and 2 others
WritingWhisper2:47pm via tchat.io
In my article, I talk about journaling to live consciously. To get off of autopilot. Who agrees? #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach and 1 others
dredrelew2:48pm via Web
@cherapple @Bakari45 #journalling the pain is therapeutic and leads to self-compassion #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
WritingWhisper2:47pm via tchat.io
In my article, I talk about journaling to live consciously. To get off of autopilot. Who agrees? #journalchat
Retweeted by cherapple and 1 others
Bakari452:48pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, good point. Journaling to live consciously. I like that. #JournalChat
cherapple2:48pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 @WritingWhisper Journaling is an act of giving yourself kind attention in the face of pain. #journalchat
3 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:48pm via HootSuite
RT @cherapple: @JournalChat Seeing other people doing it helped me get the courage to heal myself. #journalchat
WritingWhisper2:48pm via tchat.io
@KayTeeinVA Hi there! Welcome to the chat. Do you have any pics of your homemade treasures? #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:47pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple, and sometimes you realize that it's not always bad you thought. #JournalChat
RadioDisneyClub2:47pm via Web
@JournalChat I already have a few ideas for my new few art journaling pages and I can't wait to see the finished result.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:47pm via HootSuite
@NotPrunes Wow, homeschooling. I post about families who keep journals. How old is your son? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:47pm via tchat.io
In my article, I talk about journaling to live consciously. To get off of autopilot. Who agrees? #journalchat
2 retweets
Bakari452:47pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, I think even when writing about painful doesn't resolve them, I still find comfort in the writing.#JournalChat
1 retweets
cherapple2:47pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 Not facing pain doesn't make it go away. It makes it come up unconsciously and stronger. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:45pm via HootSuite
@RadioDisneyClub I love your enthusiasm, Hannah. I'm just as eager with my own. #JournalChat
Retweeted by RadioDisneyClub
Hodge_Beth2:46pm via Web
@Bakari45 I bring my journal different places, i don't have a smart phone so a written journal is more convenient#Journalchat
Show Conversation
KayTeeinVA2:46pm via Web
I do as well ... it's cathartic - and I also love making my own journals. #journalchat
cherapple2:46pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 For pain coming from outside yourself, journaling helps you figure out where you can make choices. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:46pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 Heavy dark scribbles mixed with tears. :)#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:45pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple, very good point. Sometimes we'd rather not face unpleasant things or emotions. #JournalChat
cherapple2:45pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 @NotPrunes The issues I didn't have control over were the ones I was avoiding and needed to face. #childhood#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:45pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
How do you use your journal when sometime the pain is coming from outside of yourself? #JournalChat
JournalChat2:45pm via HootSuite
@RadioDisneyClub I love your enthusiasm, Hannah. I'm just as eager with my own. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
dredrelew2:44pm via Web
@Write4LifeCoach Nathan, that quote also resonated with me.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:44pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@NotPrunes @cherapple @NotPrunes, but how about painful issues that you don't always complete control over?#JournalChat
JournalChat2:44pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper I know what you mean, Shannon. I do a lot of typing for my blog and Refresh Journal. I love pen to page.#JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
cherapple2:44pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Seeing other people doing it helped me get the courage to heal myself. #journalchat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:41pm via TweetDeck
@NotPrunes When I was trying to avoid the pain, I couldn't get anywhere, until I decided to look it straight on. #journalchat
Retweeted by NotPrunes and 2 others
cherapple2:41pm via TweetDeck
@NotPrunes When I was trying to avoid the pain, I couldn't get anywhere, until I decided to look it straight on. #journalchat
Retweeted by WritingWhisper and 2 others
JournalChat2:43pm via HootSuite
@cherapple Sometimes that's all we can do to move forward; but it takes courage! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:43pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple @WritingWhisper, yep pen and paper can feel more personal. I can definitely see that. #JournalChat
NotPrunes2:43pm via Web
@JournalChat Off and on, yes. We homeschool my son, so I often have no time. I need to make it a bigger priority.#journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:43pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat It was awful. I had to open my journal and write about it. So much info - 60 years - gone. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:43pm via HootSuite
RT @cherapple: @NotPrunes When I was trying to avoid the pain, I couldn't get anywhere, until I decided to look it straight on.#journalchat
1 retweets
cherapple2:41pm via TweetDeck
@NotPrunes When I was trying to avoid the pain, I couldn't get anywhere, until I decided to look it straight on. #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach and 2 others
Bakari452:42pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoach @cherapple @madeline40, agreed. Sam has some good ideas about digital journaling. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:42pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper Wow, I can see why that would upset you, Shannon. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
NotPrunes2:42pm via Web
@WritingWhisper ...I really just wanted that OUT of my life.#journalchat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:42pm via TweetDeck
@WritingWhisper @Bakari45 Digital journaling feels too mechanical to me. I do a combination of digital and hand written. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:42pm via tchat.io
@RadioDisneyClub Me too! I've been doing that a lot more. I have a board on Pinterest if you need inspiration! #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:42pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, yep I can see that. I just stopped writing on paper because typing is more convenient. #JournalChat
RadioDisneyClub2:41pm via Web
I LOVE ART JOURNALING! I just got a new notebook yesterday and I am so excited to start it! #journalchat
madeline402:41pm via Web
@Bakari45 I agree. My fingers can keep up with my train of thought much easier than when I wrote with a pen. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:41pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Here's my recent article on tips for using Day One: bit.ly/1arpsCf#JournalChat
NotPrunes2:41pm via Web
@JournalChat Thank you! Yes, it certainly does. Like therapy, on the page. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:41pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 Because I write for my career on the computer, writing on paper gives me such a different mindset. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:41pm via HootSuite
@NotPrunes It was simply part of your journey. I don't enjoy rereading difficult times either. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:41pm via TweetDeck
@NotPrunes When I was trying to avoid the pain, I couldn't get anywhere, until I decided to look it straight on. #journalchat
3 retweetsShow Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:40pm via Web
@cherapple @Bakari45 @madeline40 Also, the Digital Journaling guru @easyjournaling Sam Lytle has great tips and resources! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:40pm via tchat.io
@NotPrunes I hear ya! My grandmother just burnt all hers. I cried. She had so much family history I wanted to dissect and learn #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:40pm via HootSuite
@NotPrunes Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Misa! #Journalingis awesome during hard times. Gives a fresh perspective.
Show Conversation
cherapple2:40pm via TweetDeck
@NotPrunes I threw out old journals, too. I used to go round over the same pain, and I didn't want those ones anymore.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I do so much more journal writing now that i've gone digital, though I can understand why many prefer paper method.#JournalChat
NotPrunes2:39pm via Web
@WritingWhisper Some days. Most days, I'm glad they're no longer there for me to muck through. Plus, this is a small apartment. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:39pm via tchat.io
@madeline40 I can feature many! Let's get a plan together!#journalchat
Show Conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment