Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, November 17, 2013

#JournalChat Live 11/17/13 Part I Your Journaling: When It Hurts with special guest, M. Shannon Hernandez


JournalChat2:21pm via HootSuite
Shannon @WritingWhisper , I love how you say #Journaling is a healing strategy; it's like it has our back! #JournalChat
cherapple2:21pm via TweetDeck
@WritingWhisper @Bakari45 Conversations make up a lot of my journaling, both with others, and with myself. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:20pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 I think you should journal about the stopping - see what surfaces for you! :) #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:20pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoach, I know, huh? I find the poetry the hardest form of writing. #JournalChat
cherapple2:19pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Hi, I'm late, but here to chat about #journaling!#journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
WritingWhisper2:20pm via tchat.io
I've started summing up my day in 5 sentences each night. It helps me capture the "small" moments that make life so grand!#journalchat
2 retweets
JournalChat2:20pm via HootSuite
RT @Bakari45: Plus, poetry is such awesome artful way to express yourself. It's art and narrative at the same time.#JournalChat
Bakari452:19pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Plus, poetry is such awesome artful way to express yourself. It's art and narrative at the same time. #JournalChat
Retweeted by madeline40
Bakari452:19pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, that was like over ten years ago. Not sure why I stopped. It's strange. #JournalChat
cherapple2:19pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Hi, I'm late, but here to chat about #journaling!#journalchat
1 retweets
Write4LifeCoach2:19pm via Web
@Bakari45 Funny story. I've never heard a story where getting published was a de-motivator! LOL! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:19pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 A Poem a day; I love that, Madeline. I need to write more poetry too. It's rare. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:19pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Plus, poetry is such awesome artful way to express yourself. It's art and narrative at the same time. #JournalChat
1 retweets
RadioDisneyClub2:19pm via Web
@WritingWhisper @madeline40 I've been too busy to journal half the week lately, so each time I write about the previous days. #journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline402:19pm via Web
@Bakari45 Keep writing. You must be good to get published right away. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:19pm via Web
Opening randomly to a page... "I sit here baldly (sic) making my way through a precious moment of writing..." #journalchat
JournalChat2:19pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Did your success in publishing come as a surprise? Is that why you stopped? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:18pm via Web
@WritingWhisper @madeline40 ...a little bit of each thing that comes to mind and then I elaborate on the more important stuff.#journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:18pm via HootSuite
Poetry is a cool form of #Journaling and can help us express ourselves in a different way that writing what we usually do.#JournalChat
1 retweets
DawnHerring2:18pm via HootSuite
Poetry is a cool form of #Journaling and can help us express ourselves in a different way that writing what we usually do.#JournalChat
1 retweets
RadioDisneyClub2:17pm via Web
@Bakari45 @madeline40 I love writing poetry! #journalchat
Retweeted by madeline40
RadioDisneyClub2:18pm via Web
@WritingWhisper @madeline40 Sometimes when I haven't journaled in several days, I write in a poetry format, writing about... #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
madeline402:17pm via Web
@WritingWhisper So it's like I #journal twice a day as well. A poem a day and a journal entry a day - during the bad times.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:17pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Ironically the last poem I wrote was the one that got published in a poetry journal. Got published and then stopped. Lol#JournalChat
WritingWhisper2:17pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 This is a great technique for digital journalers!#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:17pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I love how we can use anything in our journals, including verse. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:16pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, I really need to get back into poetry writing.#JournalChat
Retweeted by WritingWhisper
WritingWhisper2:16pm via tchat.io
@Hodge_Beth - thanks for joining the chat! #journalchat
Bakari452:16pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, I really need to get back into poetry writing.#JournalChat
1 retweets
Brainmaker2:16pm via Web
@WritingWhisper Yes, many days, plus self portraits, and fiction I was writing. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:15pm via tchat.io
@madeline40 I really like the poetry-journaling approach.#journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline402:15pm via Web
@JournalChat I've also been expressing this pain through poetry- also like #journaling #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:15pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I reread my journals more, now that i've gone digital.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:15pm via HootSuite
@Hodge_Beth Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Beth! Great to see you. :)
Show Conversation
Bakari452:15pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Yep, I also like how I can filter these issues using hashtags and reread them later. #JournalChat
WritingWhisper2:15pm via tchat.io
@Brainmaker - Did you keep the journals of the cancer journey?#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:14pm via HootSuite
RT @Bakari45: I've used my journal to make list of reminders of how to deal with my kids when they get out of hand. :)#JournalChat
RadioDisneyClub2:14pm via Web
Journaling helps me work through pain. Most definitely.#journalchat
Retweeted by madeline40
JournalChat2:14pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper Yes, exactly, Shannon. I love starting my day this way and wrapping it up like a gift. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:14pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 Awesome! So you can do "past" convos like, what you WISH you had said. Or future convos, like what you WANT to say. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:14pm via Web
Journaling helps me work through pain. Most definitely.#journalchat
1 retweets
Brainmaker2:13pm via Web
The thread reminds me that during cancer treatment I filled a huge box with journals. The label says "Strange Liberation."#journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat2:13pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 #JournalChat I'm so sorry. It is amazing that no matter what pain we're facing, #Journaling helps us express our sorrow.
Show Conversation
Bakari452:13pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, mainly narrative form, but I will make a list of Do's and Don't's. I like the conversation approach. Good idea#JournalChat
madeline402:13pm via Web
@JournalChat @WritingWhisper It's a proven fact that writing is healing re: James Pennebaker. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:13pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 Sort of like the process of? the flow? Or just to remember what works? :) #journalchat
Show Conversation
Hodge_Beth2:13pm via Web
I journal a few times a week, writing about recent things, but they seem to point back to the same events every time. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:11pm via HootSuite
I love, Shannon @WritingWhisper, how you say so powerfully, Words Heal. #Journaling #JournalChat
Retweeted by RadioDisneyClub
WritingWhisper2:12pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 I love that. Do you write in narrative form, or conversations to yourself, character sketches, dialogues, mapping? #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:12pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I've used my journal to make list of reminders of how to deal with my kids when they get out of hand. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat2:11pm via HootSuite
I love, Shannon @WritingWhisper, how you say so powerfully, Words Heal. #Journaling #JournalChat
1 retweets
WritingWhisper2:11pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat Dawn - do you have a certain time, like first thing in AM then again before bed? #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:11pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, mainly when I'm facing personal or family issues, I use the journal to sort of work through them.#JournalChat
1 retweets
madeline402:11pm via Web
@JournalChat And it still is. One of my friends is dying.#Journaling helps me endure the stress. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:11pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: I love that journaling gives me the chance to rant as well as put my pain on the page. Like a soothing balm.#journalchat
DawnHerring2:11pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: I love that journaling gives me the chance to rant as well as put my pain on the page. Like a soothing balm.#journalchat
Write4LifeCoach2:10pm via Web
@WritingWhisper YES! I hate the saying "time heals all wounds," because that is only true if you do something with that time. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:10pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, for my job it's like everyday. Lol. But seriously, it's not so much weekly or monthly. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:10pm via HootSuite
I journal twice a day; but sometimes I need to just get it out and write so I can get it out! #JournalChat
madeline402:10pm via Web
@DawnHerring I love that journaling gives me the chance to rant as well as put my pain on the page. Like a soothing balm.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:09pm via Web
Best Quote: "I despise the saying 'time heals all wounds,' because that is only true if you do something with that time."#JournalChat
4 retweets
WritingWhisper2:09pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 - so how often does that mood strike? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:09pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I know, Madeline. I'm so glad #Journaling was so instrumental in your healing. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:09pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper @madeline40, I tend to write when the mood strikes. It's almost like talking out loud to yourself. #JournalChat
WritingWhisper2:08pm via tchat.io
TU for your kind words. @Write4LifeCoach - did anything in the article stand out, in particular? #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:08pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: @JournalChat Journaling is so help during these hard times. I don't know how I could have survived without it. #journalchat
Write4LifeCoach2:08pm via Web
@madeline40 @JournalChat MADELINE'S HERE! XOXO Happy Sunday, Madeline! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:08pm via HootSuite
It could be an argument you had, or you're facing a more debilitating wound relationally, #JOurnaling can help.#JournalChat
2 retweets
DawnHerring2:08pm via HootSuite
It could be an argument you had, or you're facing a more debilitating wound relationally, #JOurnaling can help.#JournalChat
WritingWhisper2:08pm via tchat.io
@madeline40 When you journal through the hurt, do you have a system in place? Or do you "just write" when the mood strikes?#journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline402:07pm via Web
@JournalChat Journaling is so help during these hard times. I don't know how I could have survived without it. #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
Write4LifeCoach2:07pm via Web
@WritingWhisper Thanks Shannon! Great to meet you (again!) Loved your article. #JournalChat Looking forward to the discussion.
Show Conversation
madeline402:07pm via Web
@JournalChat Journaling is so help during these hard times. I don't know how I could have survived without it. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:06pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Great to see you, Madeline; welcome back. Yes, I agree, it is. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:06pm via Web
@JournalChat Thanks Dawn. Happy Sunday! Great to be back again. #JournalChat. Great topic - relevant as always!
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:05pm via HootSuite
We all face painful life circumstances, sometimes on a daily basis and maybe even for years at a time. #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring2:05pm via HootSuite
We all face painful life circumstances, sometimes on a daily basis and maybe even for years at a time. #JournalChat#Journaling
madeline402:05pm via Web
@DawnHerring This is a very helpful subject. So glad to be back here with you. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:04pm via Web
@Bakari45 THANK YOU. Great to be here with you again!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:04pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Thanks for the RTs, Nathan. Welcome back. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat2:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic today is Your #Journaling: When It Hurts as we use our journals to work through painful life circumstances.#JournalChat
1 retweets
DawnHerring2:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic today is Your #Journaling: When It Hurts as we use our journals to work through painful life circumstances.#JournalChat
Bakari452:03pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Thank you, Shannon. Great to see you again. And welcome back, Nathan. #JournalChat
JournalChat1:59pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper; I appreciate being able to journal when life hurts. #JournalChat#Journaling
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
JournalChat2:02pm via HootSuite
And today, Shannon join us a special guest! Welcome, Shannon @WritingWhisper, to #JournalChat Live; thanks so much for joining us today!
DawnHerring2:02pm via HootSuite
And today, Shannon join us a special guest! Welcome, Shannon @WritingWhisper, to #JournalChat Live; thanks so much for joining us today!
Bakari452:02pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Hi Dawn, looking forward to this week's discussion.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:01pm via HootSuite
Our resource is by M. Shannon Hernandez @WritingWhispertitled, How to Heal through #Journalingow.ly/qUpVh#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:01pm via HootSuite
Our resource is by M. Shannon Hernandez @WritingWhispertitled, How to Heal through #Journalingow.ly/qUpVh#JournalChat
JournalChat2:00pm via HootSuite
Use the #JournalChat hashtag in your tweet to post, ask questions and give your two cents. Without the hashtag we won't see you.
DawnHerring2:00pm via HootSuite
Use the #JournalChat hashtag in your tweet to post, ask questions and give your two cents. Without the hashtag we won't see you.
JournalChat1:59pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper; I appreciate being able to journal when life hurts. #JournalChat#Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring1:59pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper; I appreciate being able to journal when life hurts. #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat1:58pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this Sunday Session of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling!
DawnHerring1:58pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this Sunday Session of #JournalChat Live for all things #Journaling!
WritingWhisper1:57pm via tchat.io
So excited to be talking with journal writers today! #journalchat

No comments:

Post a Comment