Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, November 10, 2013

#JournalChat Live 11/10/13 Part III Topic: Your #Journaling: Dimensions of Change with special guest, Hannah Braime


Bakari452:52pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@becomewhour, I use Scrivener for writing projects. Helps me keep the writing outlined and organized. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:52pm via Web
.@Bakari45 I can relate to the desire to not waste time! How will I ever write all these stories? Life is way too short. #journalchat
Show Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:51pm via Mobile Web (M5)
I love writing in cursive! I have to go slower, but I don't mind. I love using a calligraphy pen. I do artwork that goes w/#journalchat
pettigrew662:51pm via Twitter for iPhone
@JournalChat Your gut (intuition) has crucial powers in everything you do in life...follow it, listen to it! #JournalChat
3 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:51pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@becomewhour, true. It's like your handwriting is your perusal signature. Totally get that. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:51pm via Web
.@Bakari45 My noveling during #NaNoWriMo has been greatly boosted by using organizing tools and outlines. #journalchat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:48pm via TweetDeck
RT @JournalChat: I have a better connection with my soul when I use pen & paper--I can also draw or doodle #JournalChat I agree!
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
Bakari452:50pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, my paper journals are full of misspellings and scratch throughs, but I was younger back then. Lol #JournalChat
JournalChat2:50pm via HootSuite
RT @becomewhour: @Brainmaker Yes! Sometimes half the challenge is being conscious that we're even in a rut#journalchat
becomewhour2:50pm via Twitter for Android
@KathyPooler @JournalChat I wonder if it has something to do with our handwriting being a personal trait? #journaling#journalchat
Show Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:50pm via Mobile Web (M5)
I like to design covers for my journals if I'm using a Composition notebook. #journalchat
JournalChat2:50pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker I'm actually having fun with it, Suzanna. Just writing with non dominant hand backwards. Very cool.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
PatrickHenebry2:50pm via Twitterrific
@Joannahertzberg I love to write with a fountain pen but gave it up being a left-hander. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:49pm via Web
.@Bakari45 And funny, f I find myself writing very clear, straight, legible lines I gasp and say "What? Who is writing that?"#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:49pm via HootSuite
RT @dredrelew#journaling is the place I always consult for guidance--the key is to take action when you get the answers#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:49pm via HootSuite
RT @dredrelew#journaling is the place I always consult for guidance--the key is to take action when you get the answers#JournalChat
Bakari452:49pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I need to use software that helps me keep writing organized and easy to access. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:49pm via HootSuite
@PatrickHenebry Change in thought process and flow...good point with hand written #Journaling, Patrick. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:48pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@pettigrew66, MS = Microsoft, right? MS drives me crazy with too many tools. #JournalChat
KathyPooler2:48pm via TweetDeck
RT @JournalChat: I have a better connection with my soul when I use pen & paper--I can also draw or doodle #JournalChat I agree!
1 retweets
becomewhour2:47pm via Twitter for Android
@Brainmaker Yes! Sometimes half the challenge is being conscious that we're even in a rut #journalchat
Retweeted by RadioDisneyClub
pettigrew662:47pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Brainmaker I get that! I have MS & have to keep finding ways to make my brain do it's job. Lol! Bakari45 #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:47pm via Web
@becomewhour #Journaling also helps uncover the deception that the familiar is comfortable: it costs us passion, joy, purpose! #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
PatrickHenebry2:47pm via Twitterrific
@pettigrew66 @Bakari45 Makes sense. Studies have shown the thought process is different when writing. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
becomewhour2:47pm via Twitter for Android
@Brainmaker Yes! Sometimes half the challenge is being conscious that we're even in a rut #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:47pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @Brainmaker Listen to the inner editor screaming in that statement. "If I had beautiful..." #journalchat My journals are pure chaos.
JournalChat2:44pm via HootSuite
Following my intuition is one of my power tools in determining what needs change; #Journaling helps me listen. #JournalChat
Retweeted by dredrelew and 2 others
JournalChat2:46pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Oooh, that was a good one, Nathan.#Journaling helps us with risk taking, part of the change paradigm. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:46pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @KathyPooler: Following my intuition is one of my power tools in determining what needs change; #Journaling helps me listen. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:46pm via Web
@Bakari45 Listen to the inner editor screaming in that statement. "If I had beautiful..." #journalchat My journals are pure chaos.
Show Conversation
TinaLender2:46pm via Tweetbot for iOS
@Bakari45 Wish I had the talent! I am so jealous of people who make beautiful journals. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:46pm via Web
@Joannahertzberg sounds fancy though. Did you do write in calligraphy style? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:46pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Hey @PatrickHenebry, welcome to the discussion. Yeah, handwriting can be useful that way, but no longer for me.#JournalChat
KathyPooler2:46pm via TweetDeck
RT @DawnHerring: Following my intuition is one of my power tools in determining what needs change; #Journaling helps me listen. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:46pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Art #Journaling...doodling. I always love that insert of creativity, Andrea. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:45pm via Web
@Write4LifeCoach #journaling is the place I always consult for guidance--the key is to take action when you get the answers#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:45pm via Web
.@becomewhour Plus, the brain loves its ruts and sees no reason to go outside them. Challenging that is key. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:45pm via HootSuite
RT I have a better connection with my soul when I use pen & paper--I can also draw or doodle #JournalChat
JournalChat2:45pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker I do several sentences in the evening. I'll build up slowly. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:45pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Just wish I had more time for visual, artistic journaling.#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:44pm via Web
@becomewhour Such an important point. Being a novelist only showed its availability when I realized comfort was not the goal.#journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
PatrickHenebry2:44pm via Twitterrific
@Bakari45 I think what matters is the change in thought process and flow when you write by hand. Valuable at times.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:38pm via Web
@pettigrew66 @Bakari45 I use lots of tricks with the pen to keep the portals open and flowing. Not just words. #journalchat
Retweeted by pettigrew66
JournalChat2:44pm via HootSuite
Following my intuition is one of my power tools in determining what needs change; #Journaling helps me listen. #JournalChat
3 retweets
DawnHerring2:44pm via HootSuite
Following my intuition is one of my power tools in determining what needs change; #Journaling helps me listen. #JournalChat
pettigrew662:44pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Bakari45 My issue is weird. I have MS, & my brain works oddly at times. Long story, but #MS is what started me writing!#journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:44pm via Web
When I know I need to make a life shift, but afraid how,#journaling gives me all the ammunition I need to take the risk!#JournalChat
3 retweets
DawnHerring2:11pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 There are two kinds of change: those you don't expect; and those you implement. #JournalChat #Journaling
Retweeted by ClaireJDeBoer
dredrelew2:43pm via Web
@JournalChat @Bakari45 @Brainmaker I have a better connection with my soul when I use pen & paper--I can also draw or doodle #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:43pm via HootSuite
Hannah @becomewhour speaks of that "gut instinct" we want to pay close attention to when making decisions/changes.#JournalChat #journaling
DawnHerring2:43pm via HootSuite
Hannah @becomewhour speaks of that "gut instinct" we want to pay close attention to when making decisions/changes.#JournalChat #journaling
becomewhour2:43pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat again, that brings me back to the lure of familiarity/comfort. Sometimes we need to be ok with being uncomfortable #journalchat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
Brainmaker2:43pm via Web
@JournalChat @Bakari45 Hell yeah! !haeY Pen in hand is brain-provocative. Mirror image can bring astonishing brain states. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:42pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
And as I said before, voice dictation is useful for when I'm tired of typing. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:42pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker I'm so glad #Journaling helps me with the "who you are" discovery process! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:41pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
With Day One I can journal on my Mac, iPhone, or iPad. So am never limited. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:41pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: Emotions are neither right nor wrong.They just are & they take on a new shape in a journal #journalchat
TinaLender2:41pm via Tweetbot for iOS
@Brainmaker @pettigrew66 @Bakari45 Pen tricks? Are these ways to avoid cramping, or something else. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:41pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Acknowledging them is honoring who you really are, Kathy. I love that. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:40pm via Web
It is no small feat to become who we are. The inner editor mostly works to block development, full of "no". @pettigrew66#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:40pm via HootSuite
Hannah @becomewhour I love what you say about You'd rather be doing something else and you know what that is!#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring2:40pm via HootSuite
Hannah @becomewhour I love what you say about You'd rather be doing something else and you know what that is!#JournalChat #Journaling
Bakari452:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @pettigrew66, I do the same with digital journaling. Use automation sofar #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach2:39pm via Web
MT @TinaLender I find my handwriting improves with practice.#JournalChat #Reason102
becomewhour2:38pm via Twitter for Android
@RadioDisneyClub @dredrelew Yes! It's a great way of processing by yourself #journalchat
Retweeted by RadioDisneyClub
dredrelew2:28pm via Web
@WritingWhisper I find lighting a candle helps with free writing#JournalChat
Retweeted by WritingWhisper
KathyPooler2:39pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat @dredrelew Emotions are neither right nor wrong.They just are & they take on a new shape in a journal#journalchat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:30pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@dredrelew @WritingWhisper, I like to listen to jazz when I journal write. #JournalChat
Retweeted by WritingWhisper
JournalChat2:38pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I don't have great handwriting either; and now I write backwards too, right, Suzanna? @Brainmaker #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:38pm via Web
@pettigrew66 @Bakari45 I use lots of tricks with the pen to keep the portals open and flowing. Not just words. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
becomewhour2:38pm via Twitter for Android
@RadioDisneyClub @dredrelew Yes! It's a great way of processing by yourself #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
DawnHerring2:35pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Emotions have a language work dissecting; we can learn so much about who we really are that way!#JournalChat #Journaling
Retweeted by RadioDisneyClub
Brainmaker2:37pm via Web
@Bakari45 Cool. Nice use of tech to organize and retrieve.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:31pm via Web
Free writing takes you on a ride through your brain that you can't reach otherwise. (Hi Dawn!) @JournalChat #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach and 1 others
Bakari452:37pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@pettigrew66, the Mac corrects a lot spelling for me, and I use TextExpander for lots of commonly used words. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
RT @RadioDisneyClub: ...thru it all. I feel much better afterwards and am no longer confused! I totally relate to y'all! #journalchat
TinaLender2:37pm via Tweetbot for iOS
@Bakari45 I do find my handwriting improves with practice. However, I mostly use Day One, like you. #JournalChat
Show Conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment