Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, November 17, 2013

#JournalChat Live 11/17/13 Part II Your Journaling: When It Hurts with special guest M. Shannon Hernandez


JournalChat2:39pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper I can totally see that happening, Shannon. I love your ideas. #JournalChat Please let me know when it's ready.
Show Conversation
NotPrunes2:38pm via Web
Still not sure that was the right decision, but it also helped me let go of some things, I think. #JournalChat
madeline402:38pm via Web
@WritingWhisper @Bakari45 I'm interested. I digitally journal - but no drawing in it yet. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach That was an art journal is for, Nathan. Anything goes! #JournalChat Or just include it in your written one. ;)
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
NotPrunes2:38pm via Web
I NEVER do that. I've always kept journals. But going over them only seemed to put me in bad headspace. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
@cherapple That's a powerful testimony of how #Journaling can help us heal. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:37pm via tchat.io
@NotPrunes Welcome to the chat! Do you regret getting rid of them? #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:34pm via tchat.io
@Write4LifeCoach BUT - that is healing too. Embrace that. You can add words later - or never. #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
NotPrunes2:37pm via Web
I had a bunch of journals from earlier times, mostly written during hard times. When we moved, I tossed them.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker Thanks for joining us, Suzanna. Have fun.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:37pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 - I am looking for someone that digitally journals to write an article on pros/con's on my blog. Interested?#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
RT @Brainmaker: One from mid chemo: "I wanted to know how to wring the potential out of every day." #journalchat
Retweeted by Hodge_Beth
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach That was an art journal is for, Nathan. Anything goes! #JournalChat Or just include it in your written one. ;)
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:36pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple, this is my third time. Like being part of the journaling community. I journal in Day One everyday.#JournalChat
WritingWhisper2:36pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat I am working a journaling program/curriculum to take into rehabs and treatment centers to facilitate healing.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:35pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple, I think sometimes I need to conversation with the censor, but also take a few long range risks. No hold myself back #JournalChat
1 retweets
cherapple2:35pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 How about you? Is this your first time at#journalchat?
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
RT @Brainmaker: One from mid chemo: "I wanted to know how to wring the potential out of every day." #journalchat
1 retweets
Hodge_Beth2:34pm via Web
@Bakari45 @Brainmaker @WritingWhisper I love to draw but as an art student, it can be stressful. Doodling is a nice outlet#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:34pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, are lots great iPad apps for drawing and art. Cuts down on paper as well. #JournalChat
cherapple2:34pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 Is it practical for him to censor you? Sometimes it helps to turn these voices back on themselves. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:34pm via tchat.io
@Write4LifeCoach BUT - that is healing too. Embrace that. You can add words later - or never. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:33pm via HootSuite
@Hodge_Beth Wow, you are talented and creative! Love it. :)#JournalChat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:33pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Thanks! I'm glad I'm here, too, and that I found a way for journaling to help. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:33pm via Web
Time to meet friends for a beach-side crab-feed. Life is amazing! Every day is an extra day. #journalchat
Write4LifeCoach2:33pm via Web
@Hodge_Beth @WritingWhisper Today, my journal is where I practice doodles & art, because I have the "I'm no good at that" blues #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:33pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple, good question. I think sometimes internal censor wants me be practical, but that's not always the case.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:33pm via HootSuite
@cherapple I'm sorry to hear that, Cheryl. My heart goes out to you. So glad you're here!!! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:33pm via Web
One from mid chemo: "I wanted to know how to wring the potential out of every day." #journalchat
WritingWhisper2:33pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat The person I learned this method from wrote an article for my blog - it goes live Friday. You'll love it! #journalchat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:33pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 I don't always make it to #journalchat, but I've been here several times.
Show Conversation
madeline402:32pm via Web
@Bakari45 @Brainmaker @Hodge_Beth @WritingWhisper I'm going to start doing some computer drawing too. #journalchat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:32pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 Can you find out what your internal censor is trying to accomplish by censoring you? #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:31pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @Hodge_Beth @WritingWhisper, I definitely need to draw more, even just using my iPad to draw. #JournalChat
Retweeted by WritingWhisper
JournalChat2:30pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper I love the idea of having a "news story" of my day; almost like writing a column. ;) #JournalChat
Retweeted by Hodge_Beth
WritingWhisper2:31pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat But this was to help me to savor moments. I worry about forgetting things -this helps me to release that worry. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper You have so many cool ideas, Shannon. I love this. Past, Present, and Furture. Keeps more focus.#JournalChat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:31pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @Hodge_Beth @WritingWhisper, I definitely need to draw more, even just using my iPad to draw. #JournalChat
1 retweets
WritingWhisper2:28pm via tchat.io
@Hodge_Beth Wow! That is awesome! Would love to feature you as a guest writer on my blog for that! :) #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
JournalChat2:30pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper I love the idea of having a "news story" of my day; almost like writing a column. ;) #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:30pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@cherapple, very true. He's talked me out of a lot of ideas. Lol#JournalChat
Hodge_Beth2:30pm via Web
@WritingWhisper wow! Awesome!! I have lots of doodling/drawing/pictures in my journal. It helps me relax#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:30pm via Web
@Hodge_Beth @WritingWhisper Wonderful! I draw a lot in my journals, usually people talking. Trip! #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:23pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I'll have a conversation with my internal censor. He's always running his mouth in my head. Lol #JournalChat
Retweeted by cherapple and 1 others
JournalChat2:30pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper This approach isn't so good for ranting when you're in pain,although it forces you to choose your wds carefully#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:29pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I also started starring some of journal entries, so I can track the ones that have 1 or more stars. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:29pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper So you choose one to talk about instead of laying it all out with everything. Gotcha. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:25pm via Web
@Bakari45 The irony: The job of the internal Censor is to talk incessantly. @Bakari45, you are hilarious! #JournalChat
Retweeted by cherapple
Bakari452:28pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoach, oops. My daughter comes to us when she just wants to be heard. Journaling would be better sometimes.#JournalChat
WritingWhisper2:28pm via tchat.io
@Hodge_Beth Wow! That is awesome! Would love to feature you as a guest writer on my blog for that! :) #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
cherapple2:28pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes, there was no meaningful conversation in my childhood. I was very quiet and lonely. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:28pm via Web
Trippy. Mid-chemo: "I am having this quintessential experience, and he is on the outside of it." Re spouse's difficulties.#journalchat
JournalChat2:28pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach I know what you mean, Nathan. There are just some things we want to keep to ourselves. #journaling#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:27pm via tchat.io
@madeline40 Sending tons of healing vibes and words your way. xo #journalchat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:27pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 @JournalChat You are giving a gift to yourself by writing about it. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:27pm via tchat.io
I also have a journal set up in 3 sections: past, present & future. Past: only the past. Present: only the now. Future- dreams!#journalchat
1 retweets
Bakari452:26pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoac, my daughter comes to us to sound o#JournalChat
JournalChat2:26pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper Very interesting, Shannon. I was getting more succinct last few months, but lately it's been longer.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:26pm via tchat.io
@madeline40 Yes it is! It's my own news story for each day. It helps me to reflect back and savor tiny moments. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:26pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I laughed at that, Bakari. Running his mouth in your head. That was good. ;D #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:25pm via Web
@Bakari45 The irony: The job of the internal Censor is to talk incessantly. @Bakari45, you are hilarious! #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:25pm via HootSuite
@cherapple Lack of conversation...with others, I presume? It's great to have a journal to write to. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:25pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat - You pick ONE for that day. Let your intuition guide you on that. :) #journalchat
Show Conversation
cherapple2:25pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 @JournalChat I'm sorry to hear about your dying friend. You'll be able to look back, reread, and remember.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:24pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper Now that is a cool approach, Shannon. I'll have to try that. But what if there are a lot of who's? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline402:24pm via Web
@WritingWhisper @Bakari45 Great idea. Actually that's what goes into a news story. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:24pm via tchat.io
@Hodge_Beth I love this comic idea! CAn you snap a pic?#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:23pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I'll have a conversation with my internal censor. He's always running his mouth in my head. Lol #JournalChat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach and 1 others
Bakari452:24pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, sort of like evaluating your day using the 5w's? #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach2:23pm via Web
When the pain is too deep to talk to others (especially when I don't wanna deal with their reaction) #journaling is my comfort.#JournalChat
4 retweets
Hodge_Beth2:23pm via Web
recently I started #journaling by drawing comics about my day!#journalchat
madeline402:23pm via Web
@Bakari45 @cherapple Plus you can even do it in poetry. LOL#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:23pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 There you go, Madeline. It's never too late.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:23pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat I actually went to 5 sentence approach to teach me to BE more succinct. I'm a writer. Wanted to flex a new muscle. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:23pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I'll have a conversation with my internal censor. He's always running his mouth in my head. Lol #JournalChat
2 retweets
cherapple2:22pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Much of the pain of my life was caused by the lack of conversation. Journaling has helped me to heal that pain. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:22pm via tchat.io
@Bakari45 I sum up the day with Who, What, When, Where, How. They don't have to be related. It might be 5 separate events. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:22pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper 5 sentences. Do you actually count them? Not that it would be hard to do! ;) I can't imagine being so succinct.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:22pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Welcome, @cherapple. Sounds like conversational writing can also be creative. I can't wait to try it. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:21pm via Web
@WritingWhisper Here's another one. "...I'm on a special endorphin diet...organic chocolate." #journalchat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:21pm via tchat.io
@JournalChat -it is so powerful. There are a variety of exercises for a variety of purposes. I'd love to share a couple today!#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:21pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, tell us more about your 5 sentence approach.#JournalChat

No comments:

Post a Comment