Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, November 10, 2013

#JournalChat Live 11/10/13 Part II Topic: Your #Journaling: Dimensions of Change with special guest, Hannah Braime


JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@Joannahertzberg #JournalChat Live is a live chat for all things#journaling or journal writing. :) Welcome Joanna.
Show Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:36pm via Mobile Web (M5)
"@JournalChat: @Bakari45 Oooh, music; it sound relaxing, a good atmosphere to let it loose. #JournalChat" I LOVE Mozart while journaling!
pettigrew662:36pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Bakari45 I focus too much on form/spelling, etc if I begin on PC. Pen/paper flows faster for me. Corrections can come later.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:36pm via Web
@Write4LifeCoach Ha, indeed, thanks for the cheers. I'm at 35K and very into it. #journalchat
Show Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:35pm via Mobile Web (M5)
...thru it all. I feel much better afterwards and am no longer confused! I totally relate to y'all! #journalchat
Retweeted by bello_fika
Bakari452:35pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
If I had beautiful handwriting, I would probably write by hand.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
RT @dredrelew: that's the 1st thing I journal about--my physical feelings so I can connect the emotion behind it #JournalChat
RadioDisneyClub2:35pm via Mobile Web (M5)
...thru it all. I feel much better afterwards and am no longer confused! I totally relate to y'all! #journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Emotions have a language work dissecting; we can learn so much about who we really are that way!#JournalChat #Journaling
Show Conversation
DawnHerring2:35pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Emotions have a language work dissecting; we can learn so much about who we really are that way!#JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:34pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Welcome, @Joannahertzberg. We're discussing the power of journaling. Welcome. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:34pm via Web
Yep @pettigrew66 I have to begin with the pen, with the paper, for my primary journaling. Glad I can keyboard fiction tho!#journalchat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:34pm via TweetDeck
@pettigrew66 @dredrelew @JournalChat @Bakari45 Pen & paper, Mary &I still go back to that when I need journal my thoughts #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:34pm via HootSuite
RT @Brainmaker: Free writing takes you on a ride through your brain that you can't reach otherwise. (Hi Dawn!) @JournalChat#journalchat
Show Conversation
pettigrew662:34pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Bakari45 I hear ya! I've been told to truly write FREELY, you must get that thought out of your head. #journalchat it makes sense!
Show Conversation
Bakari452:33pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, I try to tag entries that are personal, so I can exclude them later in a paper printing of my journal.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:33pm via HootSuite
@TinaLender Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Tina! Sounds like a good plan.
Show Conversation
RadioDisneyClub2:33pm via Mobile Web (M5)
I like to journal most when I'm confused about something or not sure what to do. Writing all my thoughts out helps me work...#journalchat
2 retweets
Write4LifeCoach2:33pm via Web
@TinaLender I just ordered my Progoff book on Amazon! Would love to chat with you sometime! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:32pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I don't really handwrite anything anymore, except an occasional check. Lol #JournalChat
TinaLender2:32pm via Tweetbot for iOS
@pettigrew66 You transcribe on computer when you’re done?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:32pm via Web
Me too. @Bakari45 I guess I will always have that little voice asking "what if this is not private?" Important to acknowledge.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:32pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker Wild Mind. Almost sounds like Natalie Goldberg, Suzanna. ;) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:32pm via Web
@becomewhour @JournalChat that's the 1st thing I journal about--my physical feelings so I can connect the emotion behind it #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Oooh, music; it sound relaxing, a good atmosphere to let it loose. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:31pm via Web
Free writing takes you on a ride through your brain that you can't reach otherwise. (Hi Dawn!) @JournalChat #journalchat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:31pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@pettigrew66, I'm huge Day One user. I can't stand my handwriting. Digital journaling frees me up more. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach2:31pm via Web
RT @becomewhour Physical feelings are important, and where in your body they occur #journalchat
Show Conversation
TinaLender2:31pm via Tweetbot for iOS
@JournalChat @becomewhour I’m going to start a Progoff Intensive Journal to try & help with some changes I want to make. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
RT @becomewhour: @JournalChat physical feelings are just as important, and where in your body they occur #journalchat
KathyPooler2:31pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 @pettigrew66 I like the idea of "Act 2",learnt the lesson and move on..#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I sometimes run into that too, Bakari; but I determined not to slow it down; It's my space! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
pettigrew662:30pm via Twitter for iPhone
@dredrelew @KathyPooler @JournalChat @Bakari45 I begin writing w/pen & paper. No computer til I'm done. How do y'all begin? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:30pm via Web
Indeed. I use free writing and "wild mind" to right my world on a regular basis. @Write4LifeCoach @DawnHerring #journalchat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:30pm via Web
@Brainmaker Go, Go, NaNoWriMo! Go! Thanks for stopping in!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:30pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@dredrelew @WritingWhisper, I like to listen to jazz when I journal write. #JournalChat
1 retweets
JournalChat2:27pm via HootSuite
@becomewhour Exactly! Dreading or elated? Your energy level can speak volumes. We can journal about that too.#JournalChat
Retweeted by becomewhour
JournalChat2:29pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Yes, exactly, Kathy. It's amazing how #Journalingcan help us recognize our need for change with that repetition.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
becomewhour2:29pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat Yes, that's a great point Dawn: physical feelings are just as important, and where in your body they occur#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:29pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I still though have to check the censor in my head that says you shouldn't write that because someone may read it someday.#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:29pm via Web
Hello journalers! Popping in between writing sprints.#journalchat
dredrelew2:28pm via Web
@WritingWhisper I find lighting a candle helps with free writing#JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:28pm via HootSuite
@WritingWhisper I probably do too, Shannon. I have noticed in the last few days I've written longer entries. That helps.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WritingWhisper2:26pm via tchat.io
I need to do more free writing. #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
becomewhour2:27pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat Yes, sometimes we resist change because a particular situation is familiar/comfortable #journalchat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
Bakari452:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, try 700words.com, and free write there. Stuff will open up a lot sometimes. #JournalChat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
KathyPooler2:28pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat And seeing patterns over time is helpful as well when we #journal our thoughts #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:28pm via HootSuite
RT @dredrelew: nothing is ever etched in stone, revising is part of the process #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach2:28pm via Web
@becomewhour Yes! This part of the article spoke to me most.#Journaling has taught me to pay attention when I feel this way.#JournalChat
Bakari452:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@WritingWhisper, try 700words.com, and free write there. Stuff will open up a lot sometimes. #JournalChat
1 retweets
JournalChat2:27pm via HootSuite
@becomewhour Exactly! Dreading or elated? Your energy level can speak volumes. We can journal about that too.#JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
becomewhour2:27pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat Yes, sometimes we resist change because a particular situation is familiar/comfortable #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
WritingWhisper2:26pm via tchat.io
I need to do more free writing. #journalchat
1 retweets
RadioDisneyClub2:26pm via Mobile Web (M5)
@dredrelew thank you! - @Bakari45 I know exactly what you mean! After a few paragraphs, I have new insights! #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:26pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I see that too, Bakari. We can spread the word to the younger generation about the benefits of #Journaling. It works!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:26pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @pettigrew66 @KathyPooler I agree...sometimes, if things/thoughts change in my world, I write "Act 2" lol! It helps!#JournalChat
dredrelew2:26pm via Web
@pettigrew66 @KathyPooler @JournalChat @Bakari45 nothing is ever etched in stone, revising is part of the process#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:26pm via TweetDeck
RT @JournalChat: @KathyPooler Free writing is a great way to unclog the "drain" and help us see more clearly. #JournalChatYes!
Write4LifeCoach2:25pm via Web
Great analogy! RT @DawnHerring Free writing is a great way to unclog the "drain" and help us see more clearly. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:25pm via HootSuite
@becomewhour I love how you mention being Bored or feeling flat with something we need change with. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Bakari452:25pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
...journal to think through stuff. They say that often in their tweets.#JournalChat
becomewhour2:25pm via Twitter for Android
@dredrelew @JournalChat Yes, and how do you feel immediately after making the decision to change/not change?#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:25pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
It's interesting to do a Twitter search of "journal writing" and seeing so many tweets by young people using... #JournalChat
dredrelew2:24pm via Web
@RadioDisneyClub Welcome to #JournalChat Hannah! Reflection is also a huge part of #journaling for me too--it helps me sort thoughts etc
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:24pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew That's a good point, Andrea. Intuition can play a key role in determining what changes to make. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
pettigrew662:24pm via Twitter for iPhone
@KathyPooler @JournalChat @Bakari45 I agree...sometimes, if things/thoughts change in my world, I write "Act 2" #JournalChatlol! It helps!
1 retweetsShow Conversation
becomewhour2:24pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat definitely: confidence in our decisions and our ability to move through change #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:23pm via HootSuite
@RadioDisneyClub Awesome, Hannah. Welcome to#JournalChat. :) How does it help you process and plan for change?
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:23pm via Web
@JournalChat I think it's important to know the feeling behind the change. If it feels good, then you're on the right track.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:23pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @JournalChat @KathyPooler Free writing is a great way to unclog the "drain" and help us see more clearly. #JournalChat
dredrelew2:17pm via Web
@Bakari45 I do as well. It helps me see where I need to grow or what I need to learn #JournalChat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach
JournalChat2:22pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Free writing is a great way to unclog the "drain" and help us see more clearly. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:22pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: @JournalChat @Bakari45 Sometimes just putting pen to paper in a free flow manner helps me find my way#journalchat
1 retweets
RadioDisneyClub2:22pm via Mobile Web (M5)
Hey guys, I'm Hannah, new to JournalChat! Reflection is a huge part of journaling for me. #journalchat
becomewhour2:22pm via Twitter for Android
@pettigrew66 @JournalChat Absolutely, we can't serve everyone either so better to connect with those we can serve :)#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:22pm via HootSuite
@becomewhour And with that personal record, we can gain confidence in making wiser choices as we see what we've done before. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:22pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@KathyPooler, agreed. Sometimes the writing just slows us down and helps us to quietly process. #JournalChat
pettigrew662:22pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Bakari45 Lol! I do Constantly! I save all my drafts tho.#JournalChat
Show Conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment