Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Friday, September 5, 2014

#JournalChat Live Facebook Group Event: Part III Day Three of Your Journaling: Just Say Yes! with Special Guests, Sue Ekins, Beth Terrence and Jennifer Morris


Positive Change is Possible; Sue shares her personal experience with using her journal to make positive change in her life.
I love the empowering aspect of being able to take a really close look at what we want to change with our journals. And I love Sue's strategy of using Why or Why Not? to get down to the nitty gritty!
3
LikeLike ·  · 
  • Sue Ekins likes this.
  • Sue Ekins For some of us, including me, it can be a daily struggle to keep to good habits. We need to have a place (our journals) where we can work through our struggles.
  • Beth Shekinah Terrence I so agree. For some reason, I am picturing the image of the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other - journaling is a great place to give voice those inner voices.
  • Jill Winski Why and why not? are such great questions. And for me, so much of the power of journaling is it shines a lot on what I'm doing -- and what I'm not doing -- in terms of my habits and patterns.
  • Sue Ekins Love that, Beth. And we can put that dialogue between our angel and our devil in our journals.
  • Dawn Herring One day at a time...which reminds me of our present moment focus! And journaling helps us stay focused and centered and figure out when we do get stuck why we're stuck.
  • Jill Winski Shines a light, I meant to say, not a lot! Though it does shine a lot, LOL. 
  • Sue Ekins Happy to see you Jill Winski. That's true what you're saying. Our journals can help us realize where we're facing resistance. e.g. We know we "should" exercise but we're not. Why? We can ask ourselves this question.
  • Dawn Herring Jill, I love the emphasis on what we're not doing too...it helps us recognize if we need to be doing something or if we want to stop doing something that is no longer working.
  • Dawn Herring Good point about resistance, Sue; I think that's a huge issue for anyone. What is stopping me? Do I just need reminders? Do I need inspiration? All questions to answer in our journals.
  • Jill Winski Yes, so important to investigate that resistance! Understanding it better can really neutralize it.
  • Dawn Herring I agree, Jill. I think when we become more aware of resistance, it helps us pick it apart and determine how we can lessen or eliminate it. Get into that place of flow toward positive change. We can learn a lot about where that resistance is coming from.
  • Beth Shekinah Terrence I think journaling can be a space for us to uncover our resistance, rather than keeping it inside, we are brining it out and shining the light on it. This helps support change and I find lessens it's hold on me.
  • Sue Ekins It's especially important to ask that question "Why DON'T I want to do this?" when we've been facing resistance for a long time. I journaled recently about Why I want to write a book and Why I don't want to write a book and was shocked to see my reasons for NOT writing a book were more numerous! Anyway, now I see what issues I need to work on. And I can see why I haven't been working on the book, too!
  • Beth Shekinah Terrence I consider it a part of the process when working on a change or with an affirmation that it is necessary to excavate the resistance that is holding me back or in the pattern I am in.
  • Jill Winski Sue, that's fascinating. If we have more reasons why we DON'T want to do something, of course there will be resistance!
  • Sue Ekins Beth Shekinah Terrence, you're right. If we don't change our patterns and our habits, we will never get where we want to be. We'll keep going along as we're going. Great point.
  • Dawn Herring Journaling is a great tool to discover when something isn't right, when we're "off" somewhere. We will figure it out on the page!
  • Jen Mor And this is where I think the regular journaling practice really helps. By checking in each day, we can record how we are going and even if we don't so this consciously, just keeping a dialogue with ourselves going means we are more likely to be aware of how we are feeling and if our life is going in the direction we want it to.
  • Sue Ekins Jen Mor - and that's so much better than just going along, never asking ourselves what we're feeling and whether we're on track.
  • Dawn Herring Keeping a dialogue with ourselves; great strategy for listening and then doing, Jen
  • Jen Mor Yeah, because regular journaling brings so much self-awareness, so we can't go for too long without realising what we want to change etc

No comments:

Post a Comment