Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, October 27, 2013

#JournalChat Live 10/27/13 Part III Topic: Your Journaling: What You Expect with special guest, Katie Robinson of Ask the Young Professional


JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling to create a positive perspective and expectation, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling to create a positive perspective and expectation, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
Bakari453:50pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, yeah I was wondering if the hashtag is enough, without the replies. I used Tweetchat.com to follow chat.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this session of #JournalChat Live; join us next Sunday, 11/3, 4 EST/1 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this session of #JournalChat Live; join us next Sunday, 11/3, 4 EST/1 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat3:49pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks to Katie Robinson @AsktheYoPro for being our special guest and for her post, Creating a Positive Perspective.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:49pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks to Katie Robinson @AsktheYoPro for being our special guest and for her post, Creating a Positive Perspective.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:48pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I'm always looking for great #Journaling content, Bakari. :) Thanks! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
I just want to Note: if anyone has tried to post using the#JournalChat hashtag with no reply, please tweet or email me.
DawnHerring3:47pm via HootSuite
I just want to Note: if anyone has tried to post using the#JournalChat hashtag with no reply, please tweet or email me.
Bakari453:47pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, awesome, lots of good stuff. I'll put together some links and share them with you. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdQ9Y You can learn more about me, your host, with Dawn's Dimensions. :) #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:46pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdQ8l You can learn more about me, your host, with Dawn's Dimensions. :) #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:45pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdQ7P You can learn more about #JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things #Journaling. :)
DawnHerring3:45pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdQ74 You can learn more about #JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things #Journaling. :)
JournalChat3:44pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdQ3i Also, here's a link to an interview Nathan Ohren @Write4LifeCoach did with me. #Journaling #JournalChat #art
DawnHerring3:44pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdQ3h Also, here's a link to an interview Nathan Ohren @Write4LifeCoach did with me. #Journaling #JournalChat #art
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 So glad you joined us today, Bakari! Glad you found us and #JournalChat.
Show Conversation
Bakari453:42pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Thanks to everyone for their input. Look forward to next week.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:41pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdPWb #RefreshJournal comes out every Thursday to help give you a fresh perspective! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:41pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdPW8 #RefreshJournal comes out every Thursday to help give you a fresh perspective! #JournalChat #Journaling
Bakari453:41pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, this is a great way to talk about journaling. Glad I found it. I've been multitasking, but I was able to keep up.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:40pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdPQG A #Journaling #Prompt can help us stay positive in our daily experience. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:40pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdPOp A #Journaling #Prompt can help us stay positive in our daily experience. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
No matter what approach or tool we use, #Journaling can help us stay positive for more of the same every day! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:39pm via HootSuite
No matter what approach or tool we use, #Journaling can help us stay positive for more of the same every day! #JournalChat
dredrelew3:38pm via Web
@JournalChat Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday everyone. Great #JournalChat
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro So glad you enjoyed it, Katie! :) That gives me positive thoughts already. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Doesn't it, Andrea? Worth experimenting with!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:36pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Agree, @dredrelew, sounds challenging, but different. Could open my creative side more. #JournalChat
AsktheYoPro3:36pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChat not a problem! It was a lot of fun! Thanks for having me and keep journaling those positive thoughts!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:36pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Got it! I will try that in my journal. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:36pm via Twitter for iPad
@AsktheYoPro backwards* Then the bottom two would be the upside down version. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:35pm via Web
@JournalChat I've never done this, but might try it. Sounds challenging. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:35pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChatThen you try to mimic the exact opposite so it creates a mirror effect. So top left would be basal wards.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Katie, I want to thank you so much for being our special guest today on #JournalChat Live. We so appreciate it! :)
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:34pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChat try it! Fold a piece of paper twice so you have 4 sections. Then write your name in cursive in the top right.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:34pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Thanks, @Brainmaker for your insight and experience. Have added you as a contact. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Wow. I guess it's that powerful. Now I know I've got to try it. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:33pm via Web
.@JournalChat Thanks again for holding the chat. I have to get in the car now! See you soon. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Even upside down! That does sound fun and interesting. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:32pm via Twitter for iPad
@Brainmaker I could definitely feel my brain growing. That's for sure. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker Glad for that feedback, Suzanna. A new zone...I like the sound of that! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
Perhaps, non dominant and even backwards writing can help us think positively and live positively too! #JournalChat#Journaling
Retweeted by Brainmaker
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
Perhaps, non dominant and even backwards writing can help us think positively and live positively too! #JournalChat#Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:31pm via HootSuite
Perhaps, non dominant and even backwards writing can help us think positively and live positively too! #JournalChat#Journaling
Brainmaker3:31pm via Web
.@AsktheYoPro @JournalChat Good to remember that much of the time, that odd feeling is actually your brain growing.#journalchat #creativity
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:30pm via Twitter for iPad
@Brainmaker @JournalChat I did a project once in art where you had to write your name in cursive backwards and upside down #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:30pm via Web
@AsktheYoPro @JournalChat It often feels very weird to me. I just labor along with it, and in a while I am in a new zone.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
I write with both hands alternately since I know writing non-dominant helps to activate both sides of the brain. #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring3:29pm via HootSuite
I write with both hands alternately since I know writing non-dominant helps to activate both sides of the brain. #JournalChat#Journaling
AsktheYoPro3:29pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChat it was difficult, but it was fun. I enjoyed the challenge to make my brain thinking differently. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro How was it for you? Did you like it or was it just awkward? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:27pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChat I've tried a little. Most times during a camp game I believe. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Katie, Have you had any experience with non-dominant hand writing or writing backwards? #JournalChat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker So you write backwards with the right hand and regular with the left hand. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@JackeeHolder Jackee; would love to have you aboard; just include the #JournalChat hashtag in your tweet. Thanks so much!
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:23pm via Web
@JournalChat Actually right hand in mirror, left hand not. So they meet in the middle. Mind blowing, and fun. #journalchat#creativity
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker I will definitely have to try it, Suzanna.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker You can write with both hands backwards at the same time? Is that what you mean? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:21pm via Web
@JournalChat Play with it for a while, a page or two. Your brain will deliver something unexpected. #journalchat #creativity
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:20pm via Web
@JournalChat Confession: I am a freak. I'm "biscriptic." Both hands at the same time in mirror image. Not often. #journalchat#showtime
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker So you've been at it for a while then. Obviously it does something if you've done it for that long! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:20pm via Tweetbot for Mac
@robynmcintyre, yep I can easily add images to Day One, and link to online videos. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:19pm via Web
.@dredrelew It can be quite uncomfortable to write mirror image at first. That's the feeling of brain growth. #journalchat #creativity
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker I'll have to try it, Suzanna. Thanks for the introduction. I'm interested as an artist too. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:19pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @dredrelew, thanks for posting that. I'll definitely try it out. Like your Twitter homepage background, btw.#JournalChat
Brainmaker3:18pm via Web
.@JournalChat I've written pages in mirror image, then read it in the mirror and surprised myself. Try it. #journalchat
Retweeted by dredrelew
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker So you wrote that backwards? Wow, that must take some getting used to; Although I write w/ my non dominant hand. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:18pm via Web
.@JournalChat I've written pages in mirror image, then read it in the mirror and surprised myself. Try it. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
dredrelew3:17pm via Web
@Brainmaker Thank you Suzanna! That's really cool.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:17pm via Web
.@JournalChat I stumbled on mirror image writing young, when curious how to do something totally different. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
I think another issue we may realize is we don't see the positives of ourselves in our days; we need to give ourselves credit! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
I think another issue we may realize is we don't see the positives of ourselves in our days; we need to give ourselves credit! #JournalChat
Brainmaker3:17pm via Web
.@JournalChat Mirror image writing is an astonishing creativity tool. Leonardo da Vinci's journals were full of it. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:16pm via Echofon
Here you are. @dredrelew Mirror image writing can't help but build new brain pathways. #journalchat #creativitypic.twitter.com/6Wh0UvrWHA
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I post some #artjournaling stuff on links, Bakari. I keep a transcript on my blog. ow.ly/qdOkN #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker You actually write backwards, Suzanna? That's new on me. What is the direct benefit of that tool? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:13pm via Web
@dredrelew Hold on, I'm making an example for you.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
RT @AsktheYoPro: @JournalChat just keep at it for positive reinforcement and soon it'll be an easy habit. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:13pm via HootSuite
RT @AsktheYoPro: @JournalChat just keep at it for positive reinforcement and soon it'll be an easy habit. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro That's a great point, Katie. We can make Positive#Journaling part of our daily perspective. And expect more! ;)#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:12pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @robynmcintyre, yeah, i've been looking at ideas for visual journaling. Just need to find the time. #JournalChat
Brainmaker3:12pm via Web
@dredrelew Write so when you hold the page to a mirror, you can read it. So all the letters are backward, plus right to left.#journalchat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:12pm via Twitter for iPhone
@JournalChat just keep at it for positive reinforcement and soon it'll be an easy habit. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker That's amazing. #Journaling is not just a tool; it is part of the fabric of our lives, what matters to us. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:10pm via Web
.@robynmcintyre @Bakari45 I draw all the time in my journals. I make writer-caves on the pages. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
We probably all have positive nuggets from our journal entries we may not even realize are there until we look for them.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:10pm via HootSuite
We probably all have positive nuggets from our journal entries we may not even realize are there until we look for them.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I love that, Robyn; gives you greater understanding with who you are right now. Awesome.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Katie, would you like to add anything about training your mind set to look for the positive? #JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:08pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 I also add photographs or other visuals. Considering video too #journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:07pm via Web
@Brainmaker @Bakari45 Suzanna, this interests me, could you please explain. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:07pm via Web
@JournalChat Everything starts in my journal. Absolutely everything. I can't recognize it otherwise. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:07pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@dredrelew @robynmcintyre, like the idea of expanding on journal entries. I should probably try that. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:51pm via Web
.@Bakari45 Many tools. One is to write with my non-dominant hand. Explosive! #journalchat #creativity
Retweeted by The_ITTA and 1 others
robynmcintyre3:07pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes; especially to follow up if I've gained an understanding of a dream or new perspective #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker So you write some of your novels in your journals. I start blog posts sometimes and Refresh Journal leads.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:06pm via Web
The other major creative tool for hand journaling is to write in mirror image. Awesome. @Bakari45 #journalchat
Bakari453:06pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, okay gotcha. I don't read back on my journals too much. But when I print them out, I probably will. #JournalChat
dredrelew3:06pm via Web
@robynmcintyre I'll actually make a separate journal entry and gain a new perspective or expand on what I wrote #JournalChat
Show Conversation
robynmcintyre3:05pm via TweetDeck
@Bakari45 Since I write in Word, I use a notes feature.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:05pm via Web
@Bakari45 When I do, it isn't so much to reflect on the good stuff. It's to see who I was and if I still am that. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker3:05pm via Web
@Bakari45 @JournalChat I only re-enter journals that contain parts of my novels. And if they are 20 years old, sometimes.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:05pm via HootSuite
RT @robynmcintyre: I write notes in the margins of my journals when I re-read posts. #journalchat
Bakari453:05pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@robynmcintyre, awe like that idea of notes and highlights.#JournalChat
mscator3:04pm via TweetDeck
me, too, also highlight stuff in yellow. RT @robynmcintyre: I write notes in the margins of my journals when I re-read posts.#journalchat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdNFI Katie's Journal Jar is #2 on her post. @AsktheYoPro#JournalChat
Retweeted by Brainmaker
robynmcintyre3:03pm via TweetDeck
I write notes in the margins of my journals when I re-read posts.#journalchat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdNFI Katie's Journal Jar is #2 on her post. @AsktheYoPro#JournalChat
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/qdNDy Katie's Journal Jar is #2 on her post. @AsktheYoPro #JournalChat

No comments:

Post a Comment