Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, October 27, 2013

#JournalChat Live 10/27/13 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: What You Expect with special guest, Katie Robinson of Ask the Young Professional


Brainmaker3:02pm via Web
@AsktheYoPro @JournalChat I missed the link, could you repost it so I can see? Thanks so much! #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari453:02pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@dredrelew @JournalChat, okay like that. I might see about adding some sort of rating tag to monitor day-to-day emotions.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Please use the #JournalChat hashtag in your tweet so we can see your wonderful replies. :)
AsktheYoPro3:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Brainmaker @JournalChat You might something positive on a piece of paper and stick it in a jar to read later. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro3:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Brainmaker @JournalChat it's from my post on Creative a Positive Perspective. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:00pm via Web
@JournalChat I take it a step further and practice gratitude when I record it in my journal for the good/bad stuff #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Althought I do have the option of going back to the stars and xs to see how I've been doing. Rather than rereading.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
mscator2:59pm via TweetDeck
RT @Brainmaker: Our brains are wired for routine. Repeat, repeat. Journaling can end up routine too. Creativity breaks that.#journalchat
JournalChat2:59pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I admit I don't do that. I haven't done that in probably 7 or 8 years. I just journal and keep going! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:59pm via Web
@AsktheYoPro @JournalChat What is the jar idea? I can't see it in the stream. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:59pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, i've been using Dragon Dictate for years. But it's taken a while to get a handle it. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:58pm via Web
@AsktheYoPro Katie, we are missing a lot of your comments because you aren't adding #journalchat -- want to see them all!
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:58pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 It's easier to flow with anything when you know yourself. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:58pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @JournalChat, how often do you go back and re-read journal entries in order to reflect on the good stuff?#JournalChat
JournalChat2:57pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 So you have an audio option, too, Bakari? Wow. You are organized! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:57pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, well dictation is a skill. If you have your writing style down, then dictation is easier, in my view. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:57pm via HootSuite
We can get ourselves in the habit of thinking to look for the good stuff and look forward to recording it later in our journals#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:57pm via HootSuite
We can get ourselves in the habit of thinking to look for the good stuff and look forward to recording it later in our journals#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:56pm via Web
@Bakari45 That's wonderful. I want to do more of that, especially for the novels. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:55pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker I think it can be a matter of the way folks learn; whether visually, audibly, textually, artfully, etc. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:55pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, yep, I use Dragon Dictate, especially for journal writing. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:54pm via Web
@Bakari45 Hence the many different ways to journal. Some people dictate! #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:53pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Mine is sometimes hard to read; especially when I write something for others! ;) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:53pm via Web
@dredrelew It's fun, really. And inherently more productive, so it's more satisfying. I number the pages before I start in.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:53pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@robynmcintyre, awe, interesting. Gets you out of those boxes?#JournalChat
JournalChat2:52pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Katie, I love the jar idea; really creates an expectation of good happening to record for later re-living. :)#JournalChat
Bakari452:52pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @JournalChat, I can't stand my handwriting. I have old journal books that I will probably never re-read. Lol#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:51pm via Web
.@Bakari45 Many tools. One is to write with my non-dominant hand. Explosive! #journalchat #creativity
Retweeted by robynmcintyre and 1 others
dredrelew2:52pm via Web
@Brainmaker @JournalChat Suzanna, I love the idea of putting an index in my journal. I usually just scan randomly #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:51pm via Web
.@Bakari45 Many tools. One is to write with my non-dominant hand. Explosive! #journalchat #creativity
2 retweetsShow Conversation
Brainmaker2:51pm via Web
@JournalChat @Bakari45 Oh, the times tags would help. But my journals are manual. Pen, paper, and a ceiling to stare at.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:51pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 I've always been a paper/pen journal keeper; so finding stuff is interesting. I do keep dates on all my entries.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:50pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
So @Brainmaker, how do you stay creative with your journaling?#JournalChat
JournalChat2:50pm via HootSuite
Friendly reminder: If you don't use the #JournalChat hashtag in your tweet, you will not show in the feed.
DawnHerring2:50pm via HootSuite
Friendly reminder: If you don't use the #JournalChat hashtag in your tweet, you will not show in the feed.
Bakari452:49pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, yeah that problem of indexing is solved for me with tagging. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:48pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Sounds like you have an efficient system, Bakari. Love it. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:48pm via Web
@Bakari45 I think all of that organization energy goes into my novels right now. Cool that you do that, tho. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:48pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Yes, tagging. I totally get that benefit. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:47pm via Web
Want to know a great way to discover hidden creative nooks in your brain? #journalchat
Bakari452:47pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, awesome point about creativity. I need to make more time for adding visual journaling. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:47pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Expectation is key to creating a more positive life; I love your point of how #Journaling helps with that.#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:47pm via Web
@dredrelew @Bakari45 I find it a great source of comfort. Journaling has returned me to myself a thousand times.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:46pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Using Day One and tagging, I can filter and export entries that I might want to share one day. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:46pm via Web
Our brains are wired for routine. Repeat, repeat. Journaling can end up routine too. Creativity requires breaking that.#journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat2:45pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker Indexes can make all the difference; although they take time to make and upkeep. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:45pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @JournalChat, I kept paper journals back in college, but digital is more efficient for me. I can export to PDF.#JournalChat
dredrelew2:45pm via Web
@Bakari45 Bakari, this is what I learned--I was resistant to#journalling at 1st but it's helped me ease anxiety #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:44pm via Web
@JournalChat @Bakari45 I better be the only one reading it! Ha ha! #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:43pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker @JournalChat, that's why I use Day One. Tagging makes it easier to sort and find entries over time. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:42pm via Web
@JournalChat Just hard to find things when I want to look at what I've written. But I do often put an index in my journal.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:42pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, I've written quite a few. I'll put them together in Bitly and share a link. Most recent: qub.me/sbvgFy
#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:42pm via Web
I always want more expansion, creativity. Routines related to journaling are a bit suspect. Just more of the same. @JournalChat #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:42pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker That does sound complicated, Suzanna! But I totally get you. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:41pm via HootSuite
RT @Bakari45: But then I realized that it's about processing your thoughts and feelings, and examining your growth.#JournalChat
Brainmaker2:41pm via Web
@robynmcintyre Exactly. Such a powerful way to move the day in a direction. I guess that's why I call it a directive. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:40pm via Web
I've written in as many as seven journals at once, but I don't recommend it! Heh. #chaos @Bakari45 #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:40pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 How has your perspective changed, Bakari?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:40pm via Web
@AsktheYoPro I started very young. Have filled mountains of journals. My fiction occurs first in my journal. #journalchat
Show Conversation
robynmcintyre2:39pm via TweetDeck
@Brainmaker Yes, I see; an intention to guide your action and outcome #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
But then I realized that it's about processing your thoughts and feelings, and examining your growth. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:39pm via Web
@JournalChat @robynmcintyre It's more literally a directive for the day. Which I write. In my journal. Did I answer that?#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:39pm via HootSuite
@Brainmaker Good point, Suzanna. We all have a default; we need to rewrite the script! ;) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I used to think what is the purpose of journaling, when I'm the only one reading it. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:38pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Have you written a review on them? I'd love to know your experience. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:38pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 We all have our own pace, Bakari. Hundreds is better than 10s. ;) #JournalChat and 10s is better than 0!
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
RT @AsktheYoPro: @JournalChat This helps me be the person I want to be and create a positive perspective. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro Exactly, Katie! That's what we all can use more of; that's why I love #Journaling so much. It can be so empowering #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:36pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@AsktheYoPro, exactly. Writing seems to slow things down and bit and makes you think more. #JournalChat
Brainmaker2:36pm via Web
@Bakari45 The novels must be written. Life is short. :-)#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@mscator I know what you mean about the quicksand, Leia. It literally sucks! ;) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro2:36pm via Twitter for iPad
@Bakari45 That happens to me too! Without journaling the thoughts may have passed too quickly through your brain.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:36pm via Web
@mscator @AsktheYoPro Good description. Negative also easy, default. Positives take a bit of jogging, which I find healthy.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:35pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat, I use Day One now. I've reviewed several journal apps and online journals, but Day One works best for me.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
RT @mscator: @AsktheYoPro so much more to discover in the positives. The negatives are quicksand and muck. #journalchat
dredrelew2:35pm via Web
@mscator @AsktheYoPro I agree Leia--the negatives keep you stuck #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
@AsktheYoPro I do the same things with my stars * and xs. I always want more stars; I record the main events and label them. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:34pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Brainmaker, 2000 words/day. Wow, that's awesome. My average is like 300-500. #JournalChat
AsktheYoPro2:34pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChat This helps me be the person I want to be and create a positive perspective. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:34pm via HootSuite
RT @AsktheYoPro: Journaling can be for progress and reflection but it can be used expressively or as a collection of positives. #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:34pm via HootSuite
RT @AsktheYoPro: Journaling can be for progress and reflection but it can be used expressively or as a collection of positives. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:34pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 Do you make up your own or do you use a separate resource? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
mscator2:34pm via TweetDeck
@AsktheYoPro so much more to discover in the positives. The negatives are quicksand and muck. #journalchat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:33pm via Web
I am more of a get-this-moment-down journaler. I look at yesterday's writing after. I want the pure moment. @dredrelew#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:33pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew That's a great idea, Andrea; just read one entry back. I might just try that; see what I wrote the previous day.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro2:33pm via Twitter for iPad
@JournalChat Well I like to reflect on the good & bad of the day & make a resolution I'll try to do better tomorrow. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Brainmaker2:32pm via Web
@robynmcintyre A short description of the day. Like "I will enjoy writing 2000 words today, with energy left over. #journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:32pm via Web
@Bakari45 @AsktheYoPro same here! this usually happens if I've been #journalling for over half hour trying to solve a problem#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:32pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I was asking the same thing, Robyn. I believe that's Suzanna's idea @Brainmaker #JournalChat
Show Conversation
AsktheYoPro2:32pm via Twitter for iPad
@mscator Love! Journaling can be for progress and reflection but it can be used expressively or as a collection of positives.#JournalChat

No comments:

Post a Comment