Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, January 5, 2014

#JournalChat Live 1/5/14 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: In Transition with special guest, Lisa Arends



JournalChat2:38pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl I agree, Heather. That's one big reason I host#JournalChat Live; for that human connection.
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:37pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
An example of the human connections from journaling: this#journalchat. I think journal writers are amazing!
Retweeted by KathyPooler
WriteItOutJrnl2:37pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
An example of the human connections from journaling: this#journalchat. I think journal writers are amazing!
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b You really honored yourself in that process, emotions, desires, hopes, as you journaled. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:37pm via Web
@WriteItOutJrnl mine too! It helped me deal with depression and anxiety #JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:37pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat The "now" section kept me present rather than in the ugly of the past or the still-dreams of the future. Anchored.#JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
KathyPooler2:37pm via TweetDeck
@stilllearning2b @JournalChat Well-said,Lisa. Journaling helps us believe in and honor our own voice #journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:37pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Our stories DO matter. Connections matter. Amazing how private journal writing can lead to real human connection.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b I wouldn't even consider it hyperbole; it's done the same for me too! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: No hyperbole - journaling has changed my life. Writing is now a huge part of who I am and how I relate.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl That's a powerful place to be, Heather, even in such difficult circumstances. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:36pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat @stilllearning2b Our stories matter. We are all enriched, inspired & enlightened when we share. Journaling helps #journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:36pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Right! No hyperbole, journaling has saved my life. #journalchat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:35pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat I credit that early journal for my healthy relationship and happy life. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Lisa, I love your NOW section; it sounds like it helped keep your perspective open to good things.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:35pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat No hyperbole - journaling has changed my life. Writing is now a huge part of who I am and how I relate.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:34pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Journaling my way out of heartbreak helps me stay available for my children. #divorce #journalchat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:33pm via TweetDeck
@stilllearning2b @WriteItOutJrnl Yes, people want to be able to connect with others and know they aren’t alone. Hope matters.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:33pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b In other words, sharing your story has given you a higher purpose; and #Journaling made it possible.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:33pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@stilllearning2b Yes, sharing the story really does amount to healing. To reach that place at all is a sign of GROWTH.#journalchat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:32pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl I found publishing added another (and healing) element - transforming pain to help others. Have you found this?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:32pm via TweetDeck
@WriteItOutJrnl So brave, Heather. I’ll check out your blog.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:32pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Yes, I agree, Lisa. That's why I keep a journal!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: Even the act is empowering. You write. You create. You decide what is written and what is done with it.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: Also helps you see patterns that need to change, a journey of self-discovery & increased awareness#journalchat
WriteItOutJrnl2:31pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@KathyPooler I kept journals, years of sexual abuse at hands of a teacher. Now I'm publishing story. trustmelessons.com#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:30pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I like the record of it. If I'm feeling down, I can read back and see the journey. Builds confidence!#JournalChat
stilllearning2b2:30pm via HootSuite
@krystalholden84 That's why I published them. It was prob the scariest post I ever did. SO vulnerable and raw. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:30pm via HootSuite
RT @WriteItOutJrnl: Journal writing can help us reclaim the narrative of our own lives. No one else should have that power.#journalchat
KathyPooler2:30pm via TweetDeck
@WriteItOutJrnl: I have what I call my Resume of Survival, culled from journal entries. A CV of a whole different skills set.#journalchat
stilllearning2b2:29pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat Even the act is empowering. You write. You create. You decide what is written and what is done with it.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:29pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b When we're raw and honest with people, there's a trust that gets built through transparency. BRAVE, Lisa.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:29pm via TweetDeck
@stilllearning2b Also helps you see patterns that need to change, a journey of self-discovery & increased awareness#journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:29pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I have what I call my Resume of Survival, culled from my journal entries. A CV of a whole different skills set. #journalchat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:28pm via TweetDeck
@WriteItOutJrnl Yes, the seeds of my memoir came from journaling! #journalchat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:28pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler It is. I like the record of it. If I'm feeling down, I can read back and see the journey. Builds confidence! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Journal writing can help us reclaim the narrative of our own lives. No one else should have that power. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:27pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Wow, Lisa. That is one powerful point!!#Journaling helps us break that victim mentality and be empowered. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@stilllearning2b Brave to publish journal writing. On blog, in memoir, or in SENT letters. Journal writing can plant seeds.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:27pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: It gave me back my voice and let me to be the narrator. #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:27pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: It gave me back my voice and let me to be the narrator. #JournalChat
KathyPooler2:27pm via TweetDeck
@stilllearning2b It’s amazing to get in touch with the transformation that has occurred via journaling #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:27pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I was playing victim in my #divorce until I started #journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:27pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I was playing victim in my #divorce until I started #journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat2:26pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Sometimes folks do that too. We all go through tough transitions. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:26pm via HootSuite
RT @WriteItOutJrnl: Yes, to be surprised by our own wisdom upon rereading is one of the golden benefits of journal writing.#journalchat
stilllearning2b2:26pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I actually published some of mine on my blog. Scary, but I wanted people to see that early struggle. Lots related. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:25pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl #Journaling is the PERFECT Place to record our inner wisdom; helping us through transition. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:25pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@stilllearning2b Nothing like reading an old "victim" journal session of woe to make us sit up and own our strength.#journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:25pm via Web
@KathyPooler @WriteItOutJrnl I find burning them is symbolic in letting go of the past, an old version of SELF #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:24pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I’ll read entries years later and it brings me right back. Good for memoir writing!#journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:24pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@KathyPooler @dredrelew OUCH is right. But we must trust our own process. Perhaps we know what we need. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:22pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b It's amazing how when our perspective change in #Journaling; we change. #JournalChat
Retweeted by stilllearning2b
stilllearning2b2:24pm via HootSuite
I was playing victim in my #divorce until I started #journaling.It gave me back my voice and let me to be the narrator.#JournalChat
2 retweets
JournalChat2:23pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Oh I love it, Lisa. Writing Your Happy Ending. Distance and perspective. #Journaling can help us do it.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:23pm via TweetDeck
@WriteItOutJrnl @dredrelew I actually threw away a bunch of journals one time..OUCH but I guess I needed to get unstuck.#journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:23pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@KathyPooler Yes, to be surprised by our own wisdom upon rereading is one of the golden benefits of journal writing.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:23pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I love that too; although I don't reread very often. I should though. Maybe just the previous day's entry. Hmmm.#JournalC

No comments:

Post a Comment