Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, January 5, 2014

#JournalChat Live 1/5/14 Part I Topic: Your Journaling: In Transition with special guest, Lisa Arends



WriteItOutJrnl2:22pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@dredrelew I've never been able to burn journals. I feel a bit horrified when I hear about someone doing this. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:22pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b It's amazing how when our perspective change in #Journaling; we change. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
dredrelew2:22pm via Web
@JournalChat @WriteItOutJrnl it makes it a more productive journaling session #JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:21pm via HootSuite
@JournalChat I wrote about what happened until I had distance and perspective. It also gave me power to write my happy ending. #JournalChat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat2:21pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: I think the story that needs to be told reveals itself to us as long as we keep journaling :-) #journalchat
KathyPooler2:21pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I love it when I read my journal later and am surprised at what I wrote! #journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:21pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@stilllearning2b @KathyPooler So true... There is an arc to our narrative that only time and evidence reveals. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:21pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b I sometimes do that, especially when there's been a loss to transition through. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:20pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler So true. Isn't it amazing how the underlying themes evolve and change as we write. I love it! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:20pm via Web
@stilllearning2b yes I do, but then I burn them--it's quite liberating #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:20pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl That's why I love what Andrea said; ask questions. Can be truly profound and eye opening.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:20pm via TweetDeck
RT @stilllearning2b: Does anyone else write unsent letters (either to or from people) in their journals? #JournalChat YES! great tool.
stilllearning2b2:20pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl Exactly! It's easy to stay in the negative and rumination (and does help some) but also need to move forward. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:19pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@stilllearning2b Oh, yes... The unsent letter is my favorite way to work through anger, aiming at forgiveness. #journalchat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:19pm via TweetDeck
@stilllearning2b I think the story that needs to be told reveals itself to us as long as we keep journaling :-) #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:19pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Can you give share more about the Story element, Lisa? Perspective is HUGE when it comes to positive change. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:19pm via HootSuite
Does anyone else write unsent letters (either to or from people) in their journals? #JournalChat
KathyPooler2:18pm via TweetDeck
@WriteItOutJrnl Interesting re: buddha boards. I think I would rather see the change and growth. #journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:18pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Important to make sure our journal writing doesn't stay in harmful venting or rumination mode. Some is ok. But expand.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:18pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I think it makes us feel more organized; like, I can DO THIS THING. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:17pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Facing the past takes courage; #Journaling gives us a place to implement it. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:17pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Yes! Plus, I went through the writing process too with the story which helped to provide perspective. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:17pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Painting or writing with water. Leave no trace. Nice expressive tool, but no evidence of growth. #journalchat buddhaboard.com
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:17pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew I love asking questions; I've been doing that a LOT more lately; it's absolutely amazing. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:17pm via TweetDeck
RT @stilllearning2b: @krystalholden84 Awesome :) I hope the future you are writing about finds you soon #JournalChatPositive visualization!
stilllearning2b2:16pm via HootSuite
@krystalholden84 Awesome!!! :) I hope the future you are writing about finds you soon #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:16pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat @stilllearning2b If we can compartmentalize feelings in a journal, we can feel in better control #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:15pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I always wrote in order, starting with purging and ending with hope. Helped move me forward.#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:15pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I always wrote in order, starting with purging and ending with hope. Helped move me forward.#JournalChat
JournalChat2:15pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I built my journal in 3 sections: the past (poison), present (problem solving) and future (hope).#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:15pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: I built my journal in 3 sections: the past (poison), present (problem solving) and future (hope).#JournalChat
JournalChat2:15pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: “Limbo” is a very uncomfortable place to be Journaling helps define the feelings & help direct action#journalchat
DawnHerring2:15pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: “Limbo” is a very uncomfortable place to be Journaling helps define the feelings & help direct action#journalchat
KathyPooler2:14pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat @stilllearning2b Sometimes facing the past is the only way through to the other side of it #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:14pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl Especially when you're faced with something that leaves you feeling powerless. #Journaling helps restore it.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:14pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
A friend gave me a Buddha Board to express negative emotions without a trace. Nice tool. #journalchat
dredrelew2:14pm via Web
@JournalChat asking questions helps or just free flowing--eventually the wisdom arrives #JournalChat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:14pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl I always wrote in order, starting with purging and ending with hope. Helped move me forward. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:14pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b I noticed your need to vent emotion with your PAST section of your journal. #Journaling #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:14pm via TweetDeck
RT @stilllearning2b: @WriteItOutJrnl I built my journal in 3 sections: past (poison), present (problem solving) future (hope).#JournalChat
JournalChat2:13pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: Mine was also like my punching bag, where I could say those things too dark to utter out loud.#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:13pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: Mine was also like my punching bag, where I could say those things too dark to utter out loud.#JournalChat
stilllearning2b2:13pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl I built my journal in 3 sections: the past (poison), present (problem solving) and future (hope).#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:13pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring “Limbo” is a very uncomfortable place to be Journaling helps define the feelings & help direct action#journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew2:13pm via Web
@stilllearning2b yep, I've journal led some great rants.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:13pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I'm just so glad I have a special place to ramble, then it turns into bits of gold in the process! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:12pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat Yes, journal as punching bag is an apt description sometimes. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:12pm via HootSuite
I find that my #Journaling practice helps me to unwind the knots of emotion that comes from transition so I can understand them#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:12pm via HootSuite
I find that my #Journaling practice helps me to unwind the knots of emotion that comes from transition so I can understand them#JournalChat
stilllearning2b2:12pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Mine was also like my punching bag, where I could say those things too dark to utter out loud. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:12pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Mine too,Dawn, like a trusted friend who will listen non judgmentally to my ramblings #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:10pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Yes, it can, Kathy. I know my journal has been by my side through every life transition since I got married.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:10pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Hi, @stilllearning2b. Bring on the advice, lovely lady! What helped you through the death of a marriage? #journalchat
dredrelew2:10pm via Web
@KathyPooler @JournalChat I can attest to that! My journal is like my therapist, best friend or a very trusted sister.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:09pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: It's that in between, where maybe you know where you want to go, but not how to get there, that's hard.#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:09pm via HootSuite
RT @stilllearning2b: It's that in between, where maybe you know where you want to go, but not how to get there, that's hard.#JournalChat
stilllearning2b2:09pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Absolutely! It's like having a free 24/7 therapist:)#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:09pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Welcome, Lisa, as our Special Guest today, to discuss Your #Journaling: In Transition! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
DawnHerring2:09pm via HootSuite
@stilllearning2b Welcome, Lisa, as our Special Guest today, to discuss Your #Journaling: In Transition! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:08pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Does anyone have any recommendations for books to read to support journaling through transitions? #journalchat
JournalChat2:08pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl Yes, Heather. #Journaling can help us through any transition, regardless of what we're going through.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler2:08pm via TweetDeck
@WriteItOutJrnl I agree Heather. Journaling brings clarity and focus to an often murky situation #journalchat
Show Conversation
stilllearning2b2:08pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I agree. It's that in between, where maybe you know where you want to go, but not how to get there, that's hard.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:07pm via HootSuite
She found herself having a strong NEED to write; thus she used her journal to get from a place of difficulty to hope. #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:07pm via HootSuite
She found herself having a strong NEED to write; thus she used her journal to get from a place of difficulty to hope. #JournalChat
KathyPooler2:07pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Journaling can be a lifeline during those painful times #journalchat
Show Conversation
WriteItOutJrnl2:07pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@KathyPooler Yes, agreed. The changes create challenges, but there is light at the end of the struggle tunnel. #journalchat
KathyPooler2:06pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChatSometimes the end of one thing is the beginning of another, usually better thing. It’s the transitions that’s hard#journalchat
WriteItOutJrnl2:06pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Journaling through transition seems to be a regular feature in my life. Journaling helps me survive and thrive. #journalchat
JournalChat2:06pm via HootSuite
Lisa shares her very effective #Journaling approach while working through a divorce, a tough life transition. #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:06pm via HootSuite
Lisa shares her very effective #Journaling approach while working through a divorce, a tough life transition. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:05pm via HootSuite
Our topic for today's session is Your #Journaling: In Transition, using our journals to work through life transitions. #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:05pm via HootSuite
Our topic for today's session is Your #Journaling: In Transition, using our journals to work through life transitions. #JournalChat
KathyPooler2:03pm via TweetDeck
@dredrelew @JournalChat Hi Andrea. Nice to get back with you all again:-) #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:03pm via HootSuite
Our very first #Journaling resource of 2014 #JournalChat Live is by Lisa Arends: My Journey to Hope. @stilllearning2bow.ly/shSH9
DawnHerring2:03pm via HootSuite
Our very first #Journaling resource of 2014 #JournalChat Live is by Lisa Arends: My Journey to Hope. @stilllearning2bow.ly/shSGK
dredrelew2:03pm via Web
@JournalChat Hello everyone! I'm looking forward to today's#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:01pm via HootSuite
I want to wish you all a FABULOUS 2014: HAPPY NEW YEAR!#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:01pm via HootSuite
I want to wish you all a FABULOUS 2014: HAPPY NEW YEAR!#JournalChat
JournalChat2:01pm via HootSuite
@WriteItOutJrnl Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Heather; Happy New Year!
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:00pm via HootSuite
Reminder: #JournalChat Live is now on the First Sunday of each month in 2014 for all things #Journaling. Mark your calendars! :)
DawnHerring2:00pm via HootSuite
Reminder: #JournalChat Live is now on the First Sunday of each month in 2014 for all things #Journaling. Mark your calendars! :)
JournalChat1:59pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this First Sunday Session of 2014 of #JournalChatLive for all things #Journaling!
DawnHerring1:59pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this First Sunday Session of 2014 of #JournalChatLive for all things #Journaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment