Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Sunday, December 8, 2013

#JournalChat Live 12/8/13 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: It's Playtime! with Special Guest, Mari McCarthy of CreateWriteNow


CMRBrown802:41pm via Twitter for iPad
A comm coach told me to think of words in colors. It helps project the energy. Works with writing too! #journalchat
1 retweets
CreateWriteNow2:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I love feeling the "energy" of words. #journalchat
Retweeted by madeline40
Susanatspillers2:41pm via Twubs
RT @JournalChat #Journaling is often a practice where we spill and spew and laugh a little too; but playing we need more of!#JournalChat
1 retweets
DawnHerring2:40pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is often a practice where we spill and spew and laugh a little too; but playing we need more of! #JournalChat
Retweeted by madeline40
Bakari452:41pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoach, yep, it's not 700 words dot com, it's 750 words dot com. Sorry, everyone. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Susanatspillers2:41pm via Twubs
@CreateWriteNow I love it when a word or phrase's energy morphs into a springboard from which an unexpected thought leaps. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:41pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: I love feeling the "energy" of words.#journalchat
JournalChat2:40pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is often a practice where we spill and spew and laugh a little too; but playing we need more of! #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:40pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is often a practice where we spill and spew and laugh a little too; but playing we need more of! #JournalChat
1 retweets
Write4LifeCoach2:40pm via Web
@Bakari45 Hm. I'm trying 700words.com, Bakari, but I get an empty search. Do you mean 750words.com#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:40pm via HootSuite
I love your point, Mari @CreateWriteNow, about appreciating our words more fully. It's worth taking a savoring look!#JournalChat...
DawnHerring2:40pm via HootSuite
I love your point, Mari @CreateWriteNow, about appreciating our words more fully. It's worth taking a savoring look!#JournalChat...
Bakari452:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoach, thanks for the correction. You're right, it's 750 words dot com. Thanks for catching that. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow2:39pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I love feeling the "energy" of words. #journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat2:38pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach There you go again, Nathan. All this laughter is like medicine; although we ARE having fun. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:37pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Do 700words daily for a month, and it will quickly build writing fluency. I used it to learn voice to text dictation. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:37pm via HootSuite
RT @Susanatspillers: @Write4LifeCoach I agree. And the words or phrases that grab us are worth waiting for!#journalchat
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@Susanatspillers Yes, they are, Susan. #Journaling is such a powerful time investment that always pays off! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:36pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@Write4LifeCoach, TweetChat turned my URL into a shortened URL. Lol. That's technology for you. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:36pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach You can grab that word and have fun with it! I'll keep an eye out for those kinds too and see what I learn.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:35pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Good point, Mari! It just takes some practice. and #Journaling is the perfect practice to practice with! :)#JournalChat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
Susanatspillers2:35pm via Twubs
@Write4LifeCoach I agree. And the words or phrases that grab us are worth waiting for! #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:34pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
The link refers to: 700 words dot com. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach2:34pm via Web
Brilliant! RT @CreateWriteNow We are all ambidextrous. We just have to give ourselves permission. Our inner kid will help us. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:33pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, I recommend 700words.com for building writing fluency and releasing your thoughts. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:33pm via Web
I'll sometimes write for 20 minutes before I even know what the subject is. A word or phrase will just reach out and grab me.#JournalChat
CreateWriteNow2:33pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @madeline40 @JournalChat That's how I journal - writing whatever comes to mind with no editing. This is another level. Great #journalchat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:32pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, free, stream of conscious writing is so important to journaling. Just let go and write. #JournalChat
Retweeted by madeline40
JournalChat2:32pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach That's an idea, the list of 100. I did that exercise once; very similar. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Bakari452:32pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40, free, stream of conscious writing is so important to journaling. Just let go and write. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
CreateWriteNow2:32pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@madeline40 We are all ambidextrous. We just have to give ourselves permission. Your inner kid will help you. :)#journalchat
3 retweetsShow Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:31pm via Web
Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever... Yes I can see how that would work... Whatever Whatever Whatever Whatever #JournalChat
Susanatspillers2:31pm via Twubs
RT @JournalChat Imagination can play a key role in our playing with words, as Mari suggests for new discoveries! #JournalChat#journaling
JournalChat2:31pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I wasn't when I started either; after a couple of weeks I got the hang of it; now it's just natural. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline402:30pm via Web
@JournalChat That's how I journal - writing whatever comes to mind with no editing. This is another level. Great. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:30pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I've been doing both hands for over a year now, Madeline; it adds a whole new dimension to #Journaling.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
Susanatspillers2:30pm via Twubs
@madeline40 No, I wouldn't have thought to do the ambidextrous thing, either. I might now, though. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:29pm via HootSuite
RT @Bakari45: Maybe choose one word and challenge yourself to come up with 25-50 associations to open up some hidden memories. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach2:29pm via Web
@Bakari45 Great #journaling suggestion! Combine word association and the "List of 100" techniques. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:29pm via HootSuite
@Bakari45 That's a cool approach for someone writing#memoir, Bakari; I like that! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline402:29pm via Web
@JournalChat @CreateWriteNow Wow. I'm not ambidextrous at all. I would never have thought to do that. Thanks for sharing.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:28pm via HootSuite
One thing I allowed myself was word repetition; I wrote WHATEVER came to mind, no hesitation. Repetition is interesting! #JournalChat
DawnHerring2:28pm via HootSuite
One thing I allowed myself was word repetition; I wrote WHATEVER came to mind, no hesitation. Repetition is interesting! #JournalChat
Bakari452:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Maybe choose one word and challenge yourself to come up with 25-50 associations to open up some hidden memories.#JournalChat
Retweeted by CMRBrown80 and 1 others
Bakari452:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Maybe choose one word and challenge yourself to come up with 25-50 associations to open up some hidden memories.#JournalChat
Retweeted by Write4LifeCoach and 1 others
Bakari452:28pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @JournalChat Imagination can play a key role in our playing with words, as Mari suggests for new discoveries! #JournalChat#journaling
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:27pm via HootSuite
Imagination can play a key role in our playing with words, as Mari suggests for new discoveries! #JournalChat #journaling
DawnHerring2:27pm via HootSuite
Imagination can play a key role in our playing with words, as Mari suggests for new discoveries! #JournalChat #journaling
Bakari452:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Maybe choose one word and challenge yourself to come up with 25-50 associations to open up some hidden memories.#JournalChat
2 retweets
CreateWriteNow2:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @JournalChat @CreateWriteNow Yes, Mari. It was so cool. I do a lot of #Journaling non dominant; so much to learn and explore #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:26pm via Web
Says the Queen of Ambidextrous #Journaling: RT @CreateWriteNow "I love your ambidextrous exercise"#JournalChat write4life.us/hohoho
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:26pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow It was so cool how the words were so different; really gave me a clear picture of their emotional association. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow2:26pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @madeline40 @CreateWriteNow This reminds me of writing poetry - so much about poetry is savoring words and how they sound #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:25pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Yes, Mari. It was so cool. I do a lot of#Journaling non dominant; so much to learn and explore.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:25pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Nathan, I really think you're on a roll; I laughed at that one too. ;) Tasty, huh? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:24pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 That's a great point, Madeline; it could be the start of a poem applied that way! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:23pm via Web
@CreateWriteNow SAVOR ... makes me want to chew my words more slowly. Maybe then I won't insert my foot by mistake!#JournalChat
JournalChat2:23pm via HootSuite
What I found with the different hands: some words were the same; but others were very different; right/left side of brain!#JournalChat
DawnHerring2:23pm via HootSuite
What I found with the different hands: some words were the same; but others were very different; right/left side of brain!#JournalChat
1 retweets
madeline402:22pm via Web
@CreateWriteNow This reminds me of writing poetry - so much about poetry is savoring words and how they sound and fit together. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
Write4LifeCoach2:21pm via Web
My favorite quote from Mari's article: Explore more fully the way words...work, and the extent of their power. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:21pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Oh, I like that word, SAVOR. We're always in such a hurry; take the time to slow down and savor.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:21pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: Yes, we learn and see so much more when we slow down and savor the words. It takes us to new places. #journalchat
DawnHerring2:21pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: Yes, we learn and see so much more when we slow down and savor the words. It takes us to new places. #journalchat
Bakari452:21pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Definitely will use the word association prompt. I can have some fun with that one. #JournalChat
JournalChat2:20pm via HootSuite
I tried this exercise with a twist; I wrote the first list w my dominant hand; then another list w/ non dominant.#JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring2:20pm via HootSuite
I tried this exercise with a twist; I wrote the first list w my dominant hand; then another list w/ non dominant.#JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweets

No comments:

Post a Comment