Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, August 8, 2013

#JournalChat Live 8/8/13 Part I Topic: Your Journaling: Find Your Niche! with special guest Thomas Freeman


JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
RT @tfreemanSaid: Yes - And I would say, I know I can trust Him to provide wisdom. I don't see it as a one-way conversation#journalchat
DawnHerring3:31pm via HootSuite
RT @tfreemanSaid: Yes - And I would say, I know I can trust Him to provide wisdom. I don't see it as a one-way conversation#journalchat
sdekins3:28pm via oneQube TweetChat
@JournalChat Dawn, what other niche purposes can you think of? #journalchat
Retweeted by queen_elisheba
SarahHerring233:31pm via Web
@queen_elisheba I do the same thing all the time. It's so simple.. and rewarding. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
@SarahHerring23 There you go, Sarah! And it's quite the learning experience too, huh? :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
queen_elisheba3:31pm via TweetCaster for Android
I'm currently doing a 21 meditation, and my writing is very telling about what is going on "underneath" #JournalChat
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
I just shares with Susan that personal empowerment and who I really am have become my niche focus points in my entries.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:30pm via HootSuite
I just shares with Susan that personal empowerment and who I really am have become my niche focus points in my entries.#JournalChat
tfreemanSaid3:29pm via HootSuite
Yes - And I would say, I know I can trust Him to provide wisdom. I don't see it as a one-way conversation #journalchat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Great question, Susan! Mine are personal power and who I really am which are both vitally important to me.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
SarahHerring233:29pm via Web
@JournalChat It's like going on an adventure and getting to come back whenever I like :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid So you know God is listening, thus your confidence. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:28pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @tfreemanSaid I value the ability to organize thoughts in writing but I need more #journalchat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
That specific niche focus can help us create a context of our lives that is relevant and purposeful. #JournalChat #Journaling
Retweeted by SarahHerring23
sdekins3:28pm via oneQube TweetChat
@JournalChat Dawn, what other niche purposes can you think of? #journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@SarahHerring23 Yes, it is. And it's only yours, well worth recording. Glad it is so beneficial to you, Sarah. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
tfreemanSaid3:27pm via HootSuite
So I value the ability to organize thoughts in writing (I think that may be what some of you are saying) but I need more#journalchat
sdekins3:26pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @queen_elisheba Sometimes I ask whatever question is on my mind & wait for the answers.... #JournalChat #journalchat
Retweeted by SarahHerring23
sdekins3:27pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @tfreemanSaid My confidence comes from knowing God rather than a method #journalchat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid I could see why that would be the greatest benefit, knowing how you feel about the Creator! :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
tfreemanSaid3:26pm via HootSuite
I don't think it would help me if I wasn't a "believer". My confidence comes from knowing God rather than a method#journalchat
sdekins3:26pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @queen_elisheba Sometimes I ask whatever question is on my mind & wait for the answers.... #JournalChat #journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
That specific niche focus can help us create a context of our lives that is relevant and purposeful. #JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:25pm via HootSuite
That specific niche focus can help us create a context of our lives that is relevant and purposeful. #JournalChat #Journaling
SarahHerring233:25pm via Web
@JournalChat Yes! Sometimes I think "What was I thinking?!" or "Yes, that was a precious moment!!" It's my own personal story.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:25pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @tfreemanSaid In Prayer Journaling, I have to think about the person of God and that's the greatest benefit! #journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
RT @queen_elisheba: Sometimes I ask whatever question is on my mind and wait for the answers...write whatever comes to my mind #JournalChat
tfreemanSaid3:24pm via HootSuite
So in Prayer Journaling, I have to really think about the person of God and I think that's the greatest benefit! #journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
RT @SarahHerring23: I write out my prayers all the time. It gives me a sense of security. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:24pm via HootSuite
RT @SarahHerring23: I write out my prayers all the time. It gives me a sense of security. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
The point of a niche purpose is to stay on task, or on "word" with what really matters to you so you are consistent #JournalChat#Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:24pm via HootSuite
The point of a niche purpose is to stay on task, or on "word" with what really matters to you so you are consistent #JournalChat#Journaling
sdekins3:24pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @SarahHerring23 I write out my prayers all the time. It gives me a sense of security. #JournalChat #journalchat
tfreemanSaid3:24pm via HootSuite
When I talk to anyone, I frame what I'm saying in context to what I know about them. Just part of communication. #journalchat
queen_elisheba3:23pm via TweetCaster for Android
Sometimes I ask whatever question is on my mind and wait for the answers...write whatever comes to my mind. #JournalChat
1 retweets
sdekins3:23pm via oneQube TweetChat
@tfreemanSaid Yes, I read that you sometimes found it hard to focus on prayer during prayer time and this helps. Me too.#journalchat
SarahHerring233:23pm via Web
I write out my prayers all the time. It gives me a sense of security. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
In essence, the benefits Thomas shares with his letters to God can work the same way in whatever niche purpose we create.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:23pm via HootSuite
In essence, the benefits Thomas shares with his letters to God can work the same way in whatever niche purpose we create.#JournalChat
1 retweets
tfreemanSaid3:22pm via HootSuite
I'm glad to hear that others do this as well. I do find it easier to focus as I think specifically about who I'm talking to.#journalchat
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@SarahHerring23 Do you find it spell binding, interesting, or surprising when you reread? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
I sometimes dialogue with my "inner wisdom" which I believe does come from the Creator. #JournalChat #Journaling
Retweeted by SarahHerring23
sdekins3:21pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @DawnHerring I sometimes dialogue with my "inner wisdom" which I believe does come from the Creator#JournalChat #Journaling #journalchat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
RT @sdekins: @JournalChat It really helps me work out issues when I prayer-journal. I trust that what I "hear" is from God.#journalchat
DawnHerring3:21pm via HootSuite
RT @sdekins: @JournalChat It really helps me work out issues when I prayer-journal. I trust that what I "hear" is from God.#journalchat
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
I sometimes dialogue with my "inner wisdom" which I believe does come from the Creator. #JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:20pm via HootSuite
I sometimes dialogue with my "inner wisdom" which I believe does come from the Creator. #JournalChat #Journaling
SarahHerring233:20pm via Web
@JournalChat I do that all the time, then I find myself re reading the whole #journal#JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:20pm via oneQube TweetChat
@JournalChat It really helps me work out issues when I prayer-journal. I trust that what I "hear" is from God. #journalchat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid I see in your post several benefits to staying on focus in prayer with God on the page. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:19pm via oneQube TweetChat
RT @DawnHerring Looking back on a journal entry is a great way to see how you've changed &grown as an individual.#JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
Looking back on a journal entry is a great way to see how you've changed and grown as an individual. #JournalChat #Journaling
Retweeted by SarahHerring23
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@sdekins So your entries are conversations with God as well, Susan. How does that benefit you? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
SarahHerring233:18pm via Web
@JournalChat Absolutely! I had no idea how refreshing this is, until I joined. :D #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
RT @sdekins: I'm a Christian too, and begin my prayer-journal entries with "Dear God" or "Dear Lord".
#journalchat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
Looking back on a journal entry is a great way to see how you've changed and grown as an individual. #JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
Looking back on a journal entry is a great way to see how you've changed and grown as an individual. #JournalChat #Journaling
sdekins3:17pm via oneQube TweetChat
I'm a Christian too, and begin my prayer-journal entries with "Dear God" or "Dear Lord".
#journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid It's more difficult to keep track of your words unless it's recorded of course. ;) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:16pm via oneQube TweetChat
@JournalChat Thank you much, Dawn. It's nice to be here.#journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
RT @tfreemanSaid: But I can't easily go back to something I've said to find encouragement in growth. #journalchat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Susan! Great to see you. :)
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@SarahHerring23 Glad to hear that, Sarah; I always appreciate feedback. :)) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid So awareness is not the issue; it's simply the way of expression. #JournalChat
Retweeted by queen_elisheba
tfreemanSaid3:15pm via HootSuite
But I can't easily go back to something I've said to find encouragement in growth. #journalchat
sdekins3:14pm via oneQube TweetChat
@tfreemanSaid Thomas, I've found prayer journaling to be a good way for me to focus when trying to pray to God.#journalchat
queen_elisheba3:14pm via TweetCaster for Android
Absolutely! And helpful! @JournalChat: queen_elisheba Sounds like a great meditative tool in action. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid So awareness is not the issue; it's simply the way of expression. #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
queen_elisheba3:13pm via TweetCaster for Android
I have always been a letter writer, or written down my emotions, thoughts, then read to whomever I was addressing.#JournalChat
SarahHerring233:13pm via Web
@JournalChat Thank you! This is my favorite part of Thursday's now. Its good to see you, too. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Sounds like a great meditative tool in action.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
tfreemanSaid3:13pm via HootSuite
As a Christian I'm free to be very aware of myself because I know I'm forgiven by the greatest judge, the creator/owner of all.#journalchat
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid I've heard others say that as well; it takes discipline to put pen to paper. But prayer changed that for you.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
queen_elisheba3:12pm via TweetCaster for Android
Interesting, @tfreemanSaid I have the opposite effect, it's easier to write my feelings and needs than to express them.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba There is power in such entries, Elizabeth. And comfort, I believe. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
queen_elisheba3:11pm via TweetCaster for Android
Yes, @JournalChat I love having prompts for those specifics times...when the mind is "blocked" #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
@SarahHerring23 Are you responding to the issue of resistance to #Journaling; that it creates unwanted awaresness?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
tfreemanSaid3:11pm via HootSuite
Honestly, the greatest resistance is that it doesn't come natural. Talking came easily but writing requires more focus#journalchat
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@SarahHerring23 Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Sarah! Good to see you again.
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
When we choose a specific issue, approach or purpose for our entries, it can give us immediate fodder for the page.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:10pm via HootSuite
When we choose a specific issue, approach or purpose for our entries, it can give us immediate fodder for the page.#JournalChat #Journaling
2 retweets
SarahHerring233:09pm via Web
#JournalChat I think that's because #journaling takes some people's security blanket away from them and reveals what they don't want to see.
Retweeted by queen_elisheba
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba That's wonderful, Elizabeth! I'm glad your prayers/mantra help you stay connected when you're troubled.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
queen_elisheba3:09pm via TweetCaster for Android
Sometimes it's just the name of God that is written over and over#JournalChat
SarahHerring233:09pm via Web
#JournalChat I think that's because #journaling takes some people's security blanket away from them and reveals what they don't want to see.
1 retweets
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid Thomas,you express in your post about your initial resistance to #Journaling.Why do you think there was struggle? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
queen_elisheba3:07pm via TweetCaster for Android
I'm not Christian, but I keep a prayer journal, or rather, a mantra journal. It's great during times if worry, anxiety, etc. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
When we come to the journal page, it can help to have a specific reason, purpose or heart-felt idea of what we want to record.#JournalChat
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:07pm via HootSuite
When we come to the journal page, it can help to have a specific reason, purpose or heart-felt idea of what we want to record.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid Whatever time you have is wonderful, Thomas. Thanks for making time to join us. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
@tfreemanSaid Welcome, Thomas! Thanks so much for being our special guest today on #JournalChat Live! :)
Show Conversation
tfreemanSaid3:05pm via HootSuite
However, I can only be available forthe next 45min.
#journalchat
JournalChat3:05pm via HootSuite
Many folks who attempt to keep a journal find themselves resisting keeping on consistently. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:05pm via HootSuite
Many folks who attempt to keep a journal find themselves resisting keeping on consistently. #Journaling #JournalChat
tfreemanSaid3:04pm via HootSuite
Hi Dawn. Thanks for the invitation to join you all today. I look forward to learning from you all. #journalchat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: Find Your Niche! as we create meaningful purpose for our journal entries. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: Find Your Niche! as we create meaningful purpose for our journal entries. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba3:03pm via TweetCaster for Android
Thanks Dawn!! @JournalChat: queen_elisheba Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Elizabeth; great to see you! :)
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Elizabeth; great to see you! :)
Show Conversation
JournalChat1:09pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/nL2es #JournalChat Live is Today, 5 EST/2 PST;Topic:Your #Journaling:Find Your Niche! Thomas Freeman join us! @tfreemanSaid
Retweeted by queen_elisheba
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/nLfvs Our resource is #Christian #Journaling: Will Letters to God Overcome Resistance? by Thomas Freeman#Journalchat
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/nLfny Our resource is #Christian #Journaling: Will Letters to God Overcome Resistance? by Thomas Freeman#Journalchat
queen_elisheba3:02pm via TweetCaster for Android
Joining! @JournalChat: To contribute to the chat, Use#JournalChat in your tweet; reply, post, ask questions.
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
To contribute to the chat, Use #JournalChat in your tweet; reply, post, ask questions.
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
To contribute to the chat, Use #JournalChat in your tweet; reply, post, ask questions.
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keepe;#Journaling is my passion! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keepe;#Journaling is my passion! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things#journaling.
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things#journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment