Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, January 3, 2013

#JournalChat Live 1/3/13 Part II Your Journaling: Your Thoughts Re-Purposed!



JournalChat5:08pm via HootSuite
Enjoy #Journaling to re-purpose your thoughts for a positive point of view, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring5:08pm via HootSuite
Enjoy #Journaling to re-purpose your thoughts for a positive point of view, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
JournalChat5:07pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 1/10, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring5:07pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 1/10, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat5:06pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks goes to @RachelThomasian for joining us today on #JournalChat Live and for her post, #Journaling, our resource.
DawnHerring5:06pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks goes to @RachelThomasian for joining us today on #JournalChat Live and for her post, #Journaling, our resource.
JournalChat5:05pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGBu To learn more about me, check out Dawn's Dimensions #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring5:05pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGA2 To learn more about me, check out Dawn's Dimensions #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat5:05pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGz7 To learn more about #JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things #journaling
DawnHerring5:05pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGwt To learn more about #JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things #journaling
JournalChat5:04pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGvB #RefreshJournal can help give your a positive point of view to your day. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring5:04pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGsL #RefreshJournal can help give your a positive point of view to your day. #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat5:03pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGr9 Sometimes looking at what we accomplish can help us gain a positive life outlook.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring5:03pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGpA Sometimes looking at what we accomplish can help us gain a positive life outlook.#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat5:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGoq Sometimes a prompt can help us re-purpose our thoughts for the positive! #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring5:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/gwGmx Sometimes a prompt can help us re-purpose our thoughts for the positive! #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat5:01pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: @JournalChat absolutely, looking forward to the next one! #journalchat // Indeed!! :)
RachelThomasian5:00pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat absolutely, looking forward to the next one! #journalchat
JournalChat4:59pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian So glad you enjoyed it; it has been awesome having you as our guest, Rachel. Thanks for taking the time. :) #JournalChat
vmusgrave4:59pm via TweetChat
Thanks everyone! This has been fun and informative.#Journalchat
RachelThomasian4:58pm via TweetChat
Thank you so much for inviting me Dawn and everyone who joined, this was an amazing conversation, I'm so inspired to write now!#journalchat
robynmcintyre4:58pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian Thanks for your insights and suggestions! I'm excited about the new ways my journaling can inspire me #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:57pm via TweetChat
Thanks Rachel! Great chat everyone - see you soon.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:56pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian Rachel, I want to thank you so much for joining us today; it has been insightful and relevant!! #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:56pm via TweetChat
a final thought: #journaling is your time, there is not right or wrong, allow it to be whatever works for you!#journalchat
JournalChat4:54pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian When you know you're growing in empowering ways, that can help boost your confidence for a more positive life. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:54pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian When you know you're growing in empowering ways, that can help boost your confidence for a more positive life. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:53pm via HootSuite
Reminder for your Journal: Stay positive for a balanced point of view and re-purpose your thoughts for personal empowerment! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:53pm via HootSuite
Reminder for your Journal: Stay positive for a balanced point of view and re-purpose your thoughts for personal empowerment! #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:51pm via TweetChat
It's good to search topics that help with self growth as well! I always blog about this because it's important for self-esteem #journalchat
RachelThomasian4:50pm via TweetChat
because it's sometimes difficult to remember to stay positive, it helps to leave yourself a memo on the cover of your journal! #journalchat
JournalChat4:49pm via HootSuite
Rachel, do you have any final comments you'd like to share about the #Journaling process for a positive point of view? #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:49pm via HootSuite
Rachel, do you have any final comments you'd like to share about the #Journaling process for a positive point of view? #JournalChat
jmgreenleaf4:48pm via web
@karenlalaniz That's the way I keep my journals-I love looking through past entries and, when I do, I'm inspired to write more. #journalchat
blewhaub44:47pm via web
RT @JulietPlatt: Hi Karen sounds like a great resource. PTSD is not as well recognised here in the UK. What's the book title? #JournalChat
JournalChat4:47pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre Oh, I love that idea. Really gives a personal inside listen to an author's experience.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:46pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian That's a great idea, Rachel. Especially folks who listen to music when they journal. #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:45pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian I know a fiction writer who provides his playlist when he publishes#JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:45pm via TweetChat
I think it might be cool to write down the song that was playing as you journaled! #journalchat
JournalChat4:43pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre Oh, I know what you mean. Music helps us connect on a heart/soul level, where our authentic self resides. #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:42pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes! I'm also going to start tagging my electronic entries to find posts on similar things easier like #dreams #JournalChat
JournalChat4:42pm via HootSuite
Whether with music, image, typing, hand written, or prompts, #Journaling is a great way to transform our thinking for wellbeing #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:42pm via HootSuite
Whether with music, image, typing, hand written, or prompts, #Journaling is a great way to transform our thinking for wellbeing #JournalChat
JournalChat4:41pm via HootSuite
It's amazing to me how many different approaches we can take when re-purposing our thoughts with#Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:41pm via HootSuite
It's amazing to me how many different approaches we can take when re-purposing our thoughts with#Journaling#JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:40pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring Yes; some songs never leave me - my emotional response stays high. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:40pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring Using music and lyrics to transform negativity is a great idea #JournalChat
JournalChat4:40pm via HootSuite
I especially take note of music when it stays with me for a long time; it often carries important messages for me. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:40pm via HootSuite
I especially take note of music when it stays with me for a long time; it often carries important messages for me. #JournalChat #Journaling
robynmcintyre4:38pm via TweetDeck
RT @JournalChat: @RachelThomasian I do too. Take a lyric to a song and journal your way through each line, personalizing it. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:38pm via HootSuite
Music can even be a catalyst toward helping us re-purpose negative thoughts into insightful ones.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:38pm via HootSuite
Music can even be a catalyst toward helping us re-purpose negative thoughts into insightful ones.#JournalChat #Journaling
JulietPlatt4:38pm via TweetChat
Different types of music resonate differently in my body. I'm curious to know how this affects my journaling. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:37pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian I do too. Take a lyric to a song and journal your way through each line, personalizing it. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:36pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Yes, I find music inspiring and insightful; I ask, why is that song in my head? #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:36pm via TweetChat
i love the idea of marrying music and journaling!#journalchat
JournalChat4:36pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I love that, Robyn! You can listen to music relevant to what you write! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:35pm via HootSuite
I've used lyrics in my art journal recently, taking a line from a song that has great meaning to me.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:35pm via HootSuite
I've used lyrics in my art journal recently, taking a line from a song that has great meaning to me.#JournalChat #Journaling
robynmcintyre4:34pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Great idea. I'm going to include MP3s in my electronic journal. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:33pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I love using music to inspire my journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:32pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I can imagine that, with insights and A-ha! moments that you experience. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:31pm via HootSuite
We might even choose to enhance that special moment with music lyrics or an image that resonates. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:31pm via HootSuite
We might even choose to enhance that special moment with music lyrics or an image that resonates. #JournalChat #Journaling
JulietPlatt4:30pm via TweetChat
@RachelThomasian I find that life-changing moments happen while I'm writing my journal!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: Sometimes it may even be a rather insignificant event (right place right time) that can be that moment! #journalchat
DawnHerring4:29pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: Sometimes it may even be a rather insignificant event (right place right time) that can be that moment! #journalchat
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian I agree, Rachel. It doesn't have to be huge; just meaningful, something you want to remember. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:28pm via HootSuite
I love keeping a visual creative journal; it's like a diary of the heart/emotions, very intuitive process.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:28pm via HootSuite
I love keeping a visual creative journal; it's like a diary of the heart/emotions, very intuitive process.#JournalChat #Journaling
RachelThomasian4:28pm via TweetChat
Sometimes it may even be a rather insignificant event (right place right time) that can be that moment!#journalchat
JournalChat4:27pm via HootSuite
We might even want to feature Rachel's final prompt: A Moment that changed your life. #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring4:27pm via HootSuite
We might even want to feature Rachel's final prompt: A Moment that changed your life. #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave Yes, having that visual component makes it even more memorable and meaningful.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
There is so much we can feature in a journal/scrapbook approach; we can paint, glue in memorabilia, journal. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:25pm via HootSuite
There is so much we can feature in a journal/scrapbook approach; we can paint, glue in memorabilia, journal. #JournalChat #Journaling
vmusgrave4:24pm via TweetChat
Sometimes I add photos and other momentos to my#journal. Nice to look back on later. #Journalchat
robynmcintyre4:23pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian *wistful * I've never bn like tht. Not repressing - just... always considering. Unless I'm angry LOL #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:23pm via web
@karenlalaniz lovely idea a journal scrap book#JournalChat
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Indeed! Mistakes are a necessary part of life; so much we can learn from, especially in our journals! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:22pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Sounds like a mixed media/ art journal, Karen! I have one of those too. Lots of fun and mess is allowed! ;) #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:21pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz I like that idea - like a journal/scrapbook. I smetimes include films I've seen and what they made me think about#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:21pm via TweetChat
Sometimes however it comes out is exactly how it needs to come out. Sometimes mistakes have led me to the truth! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre With that approach, you can really get the best of both worlds. :) #JournalChat
karenlalaniz4:20pm via TweetDeck
I've been wanting to start a journal like the kind I kept when I was a kid with scribble, and pasted leaves, and ticket stubs. #journalchat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I like to call it excavating for #Journalinggold. ;) #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:20pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre gotcha! for me,it's a relief to just go- spill it all out without worrying about it being right or anyone seeing #journalchat
robynmcintyre4:19pm via TweetDeck
I may go back to keeping two journals - one handwritten and the other typed. I did that for years.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian I love the fact that #journaling is a great place to make mistakes, freedom to record however it comes out. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:19pm via TweetChat
My #journal is definitely not perfect. It's full of mess and goo - but sometimes turns up some real pearls#JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:18pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian Not a perfectionist, exactly - sometimes takes me a while to narrow my way down - messy but not ambiguous #JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave That's a good point, Victoria. I type my blog posts and Refresh Journal each week. I enjoy my handwritten entries. #JournalChat
karenlalaniz4:18pm via TweetDeck
Writing via computer is also ideal for many with low vision. So it's a great alternative. #journalchat
RachelThomasian4:17pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre I'm also a perfectionist, but use my#journaling as a time I'm allowed not to be perfect, sometimes need a break #journalchat
JulietPlatt4:17pm via TweetChat
Research shows that using a pen is important for our brain function - it seems we're hard-wired to write#JournalChat
vmusgrave4:17pm via TweetChat
I write for a living (on a computer) so #journaling on paper is a good way to separate personal and professional. #Journalchat
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre So it would make sense for you to prefer typing your entries with precision, vs hand written. #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:16pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian @vmusgrave I have a need to be as precise as possible. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz I like the idea of a visual change in font. #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:15pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian I don't mind rewriting because my personality demands I find the most correct description #JournalChat
vmusgrave4:15pm via TweetChat
I think there is a mind body connection when you#journal with pen and paper. #Journalchat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave That make sense. When I write a blog post, I tend to delete and revise, of course. Since it's public. #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:14pm via TweetChat
that's so insightful! RT @vmusgrave: I find when I#journal on a computer Im more like to correct or rewrite as I go. #journalchat
JulietPlatt4:14pm via web
@vmusgrave More honest me too - but also sometimes more drama queen so have to be careful#JournalChat
karenlalaniz4:14pm via TweetDeck
#journalchat What if you turned off spellcheck and changed the font to cursive, or something more like handwriting?
robynmcintyre4:14pm via TweetDeck
@vmusgrave I do, but don't find that bothersome because I was a technical editor. #JournalChat
vmusgrave4:13pm via TweetChat
I find when I #journal on a computer I'm more like to correct or rewrite as I go. #Journalchat
robynmcintyre4:13pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz I find it easier to write long entries and not lose my train of thought; also I like to include pics. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:12pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave That's interesting, Victoria. What do you think that is, more honest with hand written?#JournalChat
karenlalaniz4:12pm via TweetDeck
@robynmcintyre #journalchat What has your experience with electronic journaling been? Do you like it?
robynmcintyre4:11pm via TweetDeck
@JulietPlatt I didn't, but now I'm wondering.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:11pm via HootSuite
I think with hand written entries, I find myself more easily in the zone with my #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:11pm via HootSuite
I think with hand written entries, I find myself more easily in the zone with my #Journaling#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:11pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre Did you ever get curious that there maybe a link between too much objectivity and electronic journaling? #JournalChat
vmusgrave4:11pm via TweetChat
I find I'm more honest when I #journal by hand.#Journalchat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I wholly agree, Juliet. I've always hand written mine. #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:10pm via TweetChat
I also prefer hand written. For me it's a completely different experience. #journalchat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: @robynmcintyre I prefer hand-written journaling - I think it's something to do with integrating mind and body #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:10pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: @robynmcintyre I prefer hand-written journaling - I think it's something to do with integrating mind and body #JournalChat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I think if I typed my entries, I would drive myself crazy with back spacing due to typing errors! Argh. ;) #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:09pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre I prefer hand-written journaling - I think it's something to do with integrating mind and body #JournalChat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian There you go! Instead of a prompt, try changing point of view. Hmmm.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre Yes, I am, Robyn! It is cool; and I can actually read it most of the time. ;) #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:07pm via TweetDeck
@RachelThomasian I've been keeping my journal electronically the last few years. Do you find that handwritten has an advantage? #JournalChat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I recently started asking questions, as if to figure out what I might expect from another.#JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:06pm via TweetChat
anything to force you to think a little bit differently than you're used to! #journalchat
robynmcintyre4:06pm via TweetDeck
@JulietPlatt So interesting. I've never tried that.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Sounds like an intriguing approach, Juliet. It sounds well worth trying, especially for tough subject matter. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:04pm via TweetChat
Hi Robyn No arguments - for me 3rd person tends to be when I need to treat myself gently. But I do write from others' pov a lot #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:04pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat @RachelThomasian I'm going to try 3rd person. Thanks for the ideas. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian That's is truly interesting, that 3rd person can tap into the subconscious.#JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:03pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Wow - you must be ambidextrous by now. Cool. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
@RachelThomasian Yes! I also journal with both hands alternately; been doing that for about a year. Insightful! #JournalChat
robynmcintyre4:03pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Do you argue the other point of view with yourself too? LOL #JournalChat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I know what you mean, Robyn. I often get to where the rubber meets the road quickly.#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:02pm via TweetChat
I used third person once to get me through a very difficult and distracting patch - completely shifted my pov and cured me #JournalChat
RachelThomasian4:01pm via TweetChat
Dawn it's sometimes used to tap into the subconscious! also interesting to use the hand you don't normally write with #journalchat
karenlalaniz4:01pm via TweetDeck
#journalchat I've never tried third person journaling either. Interesting!
robynmcintyre4:00pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I never have either - but I think I'm already too objective in my journal. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:00pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Thanks so much for sharing, Karen! Love the title. #JournalChat
karenlalaniz4:00pm via TweetDeck
#journalchat It's a memoir, so it's from my perspective - but includes his letters written during WWII.
JulietPlatt4:00pm via TweetChat
Thanks Karen what an amazing story #JournalChat
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
I've never tried third person to approach a difficult subject; that would be interesting to experiment with.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:59pm via HootSuite
I've never tried third person to approach a difficult subject; that would be interesting to experiment with.#JournalChat #Journaling
karenlalaniz3:59pm via TweetDeck
Breaking the Code: a Father's Secret, a Daughter's Journey, and the Question That Changed Everything#journalchat amzn.to/131XWsW
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I think that's a great idea, Juliet. Gives space-distance-for a new perspective. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@OutOTWhirlwind Thanks for joining us, Michael. :)#JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:57pm via TweetDeck
@JulietPlatt I say, whatever makes you more comfortable in confronting an issue. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: these can include what you like about yourself, what others like, things you enjoy doing #journalchat
DawnHerring3:57pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: these can include what you like about yourself, what others like, things you enjoy doing #journalchat
RachelThomasian3:57pm via TweetChat
RT @karenlalaniz: My 91-year old father shared his story and its helping other vets. Were amazed!#journalchat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: re: journaling post trauma, always good to focus on positivity as well as self-confidence building prompts #journalchat
DawnHerring3:57pm via HootSuite
RT @RachelThomasian: re: journaling post trauma, always good to focus on positivity as well as self-confidence building prompts #journalchat
JulietPlatt3:57pm via TweetChat
What do you all think about using the third person to journal about more troubling issues? #JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:57pm via TweetDeck
RT @RachelThomasian: re: journaling post trauma, always good to focus on positivity as well as self-confidence building prompts #journalchat
OutOTWhirlwind3:56pm via web
#JournalChat Thank you all--hope to connect again next week.
karenlalaniz3:56pm via TweetDeck
My 91-year old father shared his story and it's helping other vets. We're amazed! #journalchat
RachelThomasian3:56pm via TweetChat
these can include what you like about yourself, what others like, things you enjoy doing #journalchat
RachelThomasian3:55pm via TweetChat
re: journaling post trauma, always good to focus on positivity as well as self-confidence building prompts#journalchat
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz It must be an amazing experience to have folks benefit from your book that way, Karen. :)#JournalChat
JulietPlatt3:55pm via TweetChat
Hi Karen sounds like a great resource. PTSD is not as well recognised here in the UK. What's the book title? #JournalChat
RachelThomasian3:55pm via TweetChat
@karenlalaniz often people are triggered by things that remind them of the trauma. Glad they're getting help! #journalchat

No comments:

Post a Comment