Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, January 31, 2013

#JournalChat Live 1/31/13 Part I Topic: Your Journaling: A Habit Worth Keeping



Write4LifeCoach3:47pm via web
Jerry Seinfeld plays a #journaling game called DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Aaah, I love that idea. How do they respond to that invitation with each other?#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:47pm via web
Even Jerry Seinfeld knows the secret to getting the most benefit from #journaling is to write daily!bit.ly/14fJBtg #JournalChat
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
Sometimes when we start something new that is challenging to stay with, it's nice to get a gold star for our efforts. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:46pm via HootSuite
Sometimes when we start something new that is challenging to stay with, it's nice to get a gold star for our efforts. :) #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:46pm via web
I use the "consecutive days" contest with my#journaling students to add fun & friendly competition while developing the habit. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
RT @OutOTWhirlwind#JournalChat My OOTW Journal is deliberately to seek clarity in my life, what's going on & clarify who I am being.
JournalChat3:45pm via HootSuite
Nathan, I notice you encourage counting the days in a row as you start a #Journaling practice to see how long you go. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:45pm via HootSuite
Nathan, I notice you encourage counting the days in a row as you start a #Journaling practice to see how long you go. #JournalChat
OutOTWhirlwind3:45pm via web
#JournalChat My OOTW Journal is deliberately to seek clarity in my life, what's going on & clarify who I am being.
Write4LifeCoach3:44pm via web
RT @OutOTWhirlwind #JournalChat What if we set an intention prior to journaling such as, I am seeking serenity, clarity, clear purpose?
JournalChat3:44pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach They are, Nathan. It amazes me how much understanding I gain from collage.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:43pm via HootSuite
@fernandosvista Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Fernando! Great to see you. :)
madeline403:43pm via web
@JournalChat Well today it was images from a dream. #journalchat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Thanks for the link, Madeline. :)#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:42pm via web
Funny, I've made collages, and never considered them part of my #journaling, but they have been equally therapeutic! #JournalChat
fernandosvista3:42pm via Twitter for iPhone
@Write4LifeCoach: "For me, getting clarity on thought, connecting to my passion & purpose in life! Although the list goes on..."#JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
I always have an intention to see how my day went, work through tough challenges and celebrate the great stuff! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
I always have an intention to see how my day went, work through tough challenges and celebrate the great stuff! #JournalChat #Journaling
HeddyKeith5913:42pm via web
RT @vmusgrave: I keep a separate journal for collages that serves like a vision board. #Journalchat
madeline403:41pm via web
@Write4LifeCoach @SamLytle I just read this piece about journaling today.metromoms.net/2013/01/02/wri… #journalchat Lots of reasons to journal
JournalChat3:40pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave Oh yes! I'm a dream board person now too. Love the whole vibe that goes with that.#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:39pm via web
Even after listing 101 Reasons for #Journaling, he emphasizes there are still more. How about you, Michael? @OutOTWhirlwind #JournalChat
madeline403:39pm via web
RT @JournalChat: @vmusgrave I sometimes just use a sponge and watercolor paint and just make marks on the page. Simple. #JournalChat
OutOTWhirlwind3:39pm via web
#JournalChat What if we set an intention prior to journaling such as, I am seeking serenity, clarity, clear purpose?
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Sounds like a great idea, Madeline. What is your muse? What images? Or is it abstract? I love abstract. #JournalChat
madeline403:39pm via web
@vmusgrave The use of photos is a great idea.#journalchat I think all our creative talents can be tapped into journaling.
TheMonsterBlogs3:38pm via web
@delisacarnegie @madeline40 I keep a visual poetry journal as well as my diary #journalchat
vmusgrave3:38pm via TweetChat
I keep a separate journal for collages that serves like a vision board. #Journalchat
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
@delisacarnegie Yes, it does. I call it collage. :)#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:38pm via web
@OutOTWhirlwind For me, getting clarity on thought, connecting to my passion & purpose in life! Although the list goes on... #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:37pm via web
@SamLytle is about to publish an awesome book to your question, Michael. He names 101 reasons/benefits. bit.ly/WVKimt #JournalChat
HeddyKeith5913:37pm via web
RT @vmusgrave: I've tried art journaling, but I'm not much of an artist. I often include photos with my entries. #Journalchat
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave I sometimes just use a sponge and watercolor paint and just make marks on the page. Simple. #JournalChat
madeline403:37pm via web
@JournalChat charcoal, pastels, oils, watercolor - even some acrylics. But it's been years. #journalchat
delisacarnegie3:37pm via TweetDeck
@vmusgrave gluing in pics or magazine cut outs counts as art journaling too. #JournalChat
OutOTWhirlwind3:36pm via web
#JournalChat @Write4LifeCoach Nathan, what do you see as the purpose for journaling?
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
@vmusgrave Victoria, Welcome back to#JournalChat Live. :) Good to see you.
vmusgrave3:35pm via TweetChat
I've tried art journaling, but I'm not much of an artist. I often include photos with my entries. #Journalchat
Write4LifeCoach3:35pm via web
@OutOTWhirlwind For me, getting clarity on thought, connecting to my passion & purpose in life! Although the list goes on... #JournalChat
madeline403:35pm via web
@JournalChat @OutOTWhirlwind That is so true. Journaling centers me, calms me down if I'm stressed, and helps my writing. #journalchat
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach It is important to not feel pressured, especially when you have a lot on your plate. #JournalChat
HeddyKeith5913:34pm via web
@kaizenjournal I'm thinking about taking it. Sounds so interesting, but I have too many irons in the fire.#journalchat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Really. What did you paint? What medium? I use watercolor. #JournalChat
madeline403:33pm via web
RT @delisacarnegie: @madeline40 I sketch & paint in mine. Writing & Art-ing don't have to be separate.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
@OutOTWhirlwind Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Michael; good to see you. :)
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
@OutOTWhirlwind One purpose for me is clarity, recognizing when I have lost my personal power or have been off center. #JournalChat
vmusgrave3:32pm via TweetChat
. @madeline40 I've had that happen too - journal entry turns into a blog post, poem, article, etc.#Journalchat
delisacarnegie3:32pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 I sketch & paint in mine. Writing & Art-ing don't have to be separate. #JournalChat
madeline403:32pm via web
RT @JournalChat: @Write4LifeCoach And I think the point you made about it being FUN is essential to success, especially now. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:32pm via web
Once we resolve to start a new habit, we often forget to plan how it will look in daily life, & for obstacles that may arise. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I always write about the leads and letters for Refresh Journal in my #Journaling; I love the inspiration! #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:32pm via web
It depends. I sometimes take it a week at a time, looking at my commitments and blocking time for myself. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach And I think the point you made about it being FUN is essential to success, especially now. #JournalChat
madeline403:31pm via web
@delisacarnegie Thanks. Great idea. I used to paint, so why not? #journalchat
OutOTWhirlwind3:31pm via web
#JournalChat What do you see as the purpose of journaling? Curious for any and all feedback on this.
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@HeddyKeith591 Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Heddy! Great to see you again. :)
delisacarnegie3:30pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 Give it a try. I really enjoy adding in art.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach So what kind of plan do you recommend, Nathan? How specific should we get?#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:29pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach So what kind of plan do you recommend, Nathan? How specific should we get?#JournalChat
madeline403:29pm via web
@JournalChat Sometimes my journal becomes the basis of a poem or other piece of writing. I use it as a jump-start. #journalchat
Write4LifeCoach3:29pm via web
This is precisely the time of year when enthusiasm for new goals & habits can turn sour, into cynicism & grumbling. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach It is inspiring, Nathan. It amazes me how much I love my art journaling. It so much fun!#JournalChat
HeddyKeith5913:29pm via web
I started a process journal After each journal writing group I write how it went , thoughts and feelings. It's great feedback @#journalchat
delisacarnegie3:28pm via TweetDeck
It is wonderful to add in art. I love it. #journalchat@Write4LifeCoach @JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:28pm via web
Yes; It starts with simply honoring a single appointment you make with yourself. In that time, you design the rest of the plan. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach No, it doesn't. A New Year can inspire, but creating the habit takes more than just wanting to. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:27pm via web
@JournalChat @delisacarnegie I definitely need to start experimenting with art more in my #Journaling. Inspiring! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I love it when that happens; I often write poetry first in my journal or at least record it there. :)) #JournalChat
madeline403:27pm via web
@delisacarnegie @JournalChat So interesting. I've never incorporated art in my journals. My niece also pastes in clipplings. #journalchat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
Nathan, I love how you recommend making an appointment with yourself to keep a #Journalingpractice. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:26pm via HootSuite
Nathan, I love how you recommend making an appointment with yourself to keep a #Journalingpractice. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:26pm via web
The biggest reason NY resolutions fail is because the ability to form new habits has nothing to do with the digits of the year. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:26pm via web
Someone mentioned "Resolutions". I've been writing about that word for years. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
@delisacarnegie I use an unlined journal for art#journaling and use gesso on most pages. I love watercolor and collage. #JournalChat
madeline403:25pm via web
@JournalChat Yes, and it really helped. I ended it with a poem, so I got a double benefit. #journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
RT @Write4LifeCoach: @JournalChat no wonder we both have such similar passion for #journaling!#JournalChat // INDEED!
delisacarnegie3:24pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat unlined journals. I bulk up the pages with gesso if I'm going to do more than sketch on them. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I love it when we have something that we just needed to get down; that's the true beauty of#journaling. :) <3 #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:24pm via web
@madeline40 Yes, I've found it's not unusual for people to have two or more journals, for different seasons or reasons. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach I know, I noticed your longevity. I'm impressed, Nathan. Love your consistency.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@delisacarnegie Do you use a lined journal or art journal or a mix of both? #JournalChat
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 That's a great question, Madeline.#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:22pm via web
@JournalChat no wonder we both have such similar passion for #journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Fun and meaningful; I wholly agree, Nathan. I like to call my #Journaling practice Relevant. #JournalChat
madeline403:21pm via web
@JournalChat Like today. I wrote yesterday and today since I had something I just needed to get down. #journalchat
Write4LifeCoach3:21pm via web
Dawn, I realized recently you have just 1 year more of#journaling experience on me! I've been journaling for 27 years! #JournalChat
delisacarnegie3:20pm via TweetDeck
my journal is full of pgs of writing and art.#journalchat
Write4LifeCoach3:20pm via web
@TheMonsterBlogs @JournalChat @Saffy Nice to meet you, too Sarah. I admire how Dawn has created such a community here on #JournalChat.
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Several time a week is great, Madeline. You may decide to incorporate it more for other reasons. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Exactly. Each person has their own custom #journaling practice, how it works for them. #JournalChat
madeline403:19pm via web
@Write4LifeCoach Do you also find folks who write in several journals - like joy, gratitude, action, etc?#journalchat
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach I started off sporadically, then a few times per week, then every evening. Now I'm twice a day since 2011. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:18pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach I started off sporadically, then a few times per week, then every evening. Now I'm twice a day since 2011. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:18pm via web
Besides consistency, it's important to make#journaling FUN & MEANINGFUL. I coach people for getting the most from it. #JournalChat
TheMonsterBlogs3:18pm via web
@JournalChat I'm Sarah or @Saffy also :)#JournalChat - I'm quiet excited to find you guys!
madeline403:18pm via web
@JournalChat I think that's so. I do write regularly - several times a week, but not daily or twice a day like you. #journalchat
Write4LifeCoach3:17pm via web
What I've learned in working with lots of different people, is that everyone will have slightly different#journaling style. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Thanks so much, Nathan, for your kind words. I simply just LOVE the practice. It's fun and insightful. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I think it's a matter of what works for you, Madeline. If what you do now is working, that's a good thing. #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:15pm via web
I think everyone can experience the "addiction" - but it takes a little discipline to start, just like any fitness goal! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach I love that, Nathan. Taste the benefits! I'm tempted to say, YUM. :) #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:14pm via web
@JournalChat Dawn, you are really amazing! Thanks for being a great example to us in the #journalingcommunity! #JournalChat
madeline403:13pm via web
@JournalChat @Write4LifeCoach I'm no where near that kind of addict. #journalchat I guess I need a push to write more regularly.
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@TheMonsterBlogs Welcome to #JournalChat Live! How may I address you?
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@mscator Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Leia; terrific to see you!
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Doesn't come naturally. Nathan, Do you think it works more easily for one & not another? #journalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Doesn't come naturally. Nathan, Do you think it works more easily for one & not another? #journalChat
madeline403:12pm via web
RT @JournalChat: @Write4LifeCoach Well, I would definitely qualify as an addict. ;) Twice daily and then some! :) #JournalChat
madeline403:12pm via web
@JournalChat Thanks, Dawn. It's hard for me to stay away - like journaling. #journalchat
Write4LifeCoach3:11pm via web
Once you taste the benefits of #journaling, it's really hard to stop. The trick is just getting into a consistent rhythm. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Well, I would definitely qualify as an addict. ;) Twice daily and then some! :)#JournalChat
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Great to see you again, Madeline! Welcome back to #JournalChat Live. :)
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
Nathan has been a contributor to #JournalChat Live during past sessions and has had valuable insight into the #journaling practice.
DawnHerring3:10pm via HootSuite
Nathan has been a contributor to #JournalChat Live during past sessions and has had valuable insight into the #journaling practice.
Write4LifeCoach3:09pm via web
Yes: Every year, I find more people wanting to start their #journaling but get discouraged when it doesn't come naturally. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Thanks so much for joining us today as special guest of #JournalChat Live today, Nathan!
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach Oh, I did, Nathan. And I so appreciate your enthusiasm and encouragement you provide! #JournalChat
madeline403:08pm via web
@Write4LifeCoach I'm probably the third type.#journalchat
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
Nathan Ohren joins us today as our special guest to talk about just that subject! #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:08pm via HootSuite
Nathan Ohren joins us today as our special guest to talk about just that subject! #Journaling#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:07pm via web
I find 3 types of people: those who don't yet know the benefits of #journaling, those who do & want help starting, and addicts. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
But when you start a #journaling practice, you don't always end up keeping it going. Even if you want to.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:07pm via HootSuite
But when you start a #journaling practice, you don't always end up keeping it going. Even if you want to.#JournalChat
madeline403:06pm via web
@DawnHerring @Write4LifeCoach Hello everyone. Glad to be back here with you. #journalchat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is a valuable practice for many reasons; so many folks attempt to start a Journaling practice.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:06pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is a valuable practice for many reasons; so many folks attempt to start a Journaling practice.#JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach3:06pm via web
Thank you, Dawn! I'm honored to be your guest on#JournalChat. I'm so glad you found my article on keeping the #journaling habit helpful!
JournalChat3:04pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: A Habit Worth Keeping as we discuss some tips Nathan has provided for keeping the practice. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:04pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: A Habit Worth Keeping as we discuss some tips Nathan has provided for keeping the practice. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
Today's resource is How to Restart Your #JournalingHabit by Nathan Ohren @Write4LifeCoachow.ly/hjmr3 #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
Today's resource is How to Restart Your #JournalingHabit by Nathan Ohren @Write4LifeCoachow.ly/hjmr3 #JournalChat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetchat.com to follow along and contribute with the #JournalChat hashtag.#journaling
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetchat.com to follow along and contribute with the #JournalChat hashtag.#journaling
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
My new alternate Twitter is @RefreshwithDawn when my @JournalChat tweets hit the limit. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
My new alternate Twitter is @RefreshwithDawn when my @JournalChat tweets hit the limit. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
If you follow @DawnHerring and @JournalChat, there will be some double postings. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
If you follow @DawnHerring and @JournalChat, there will be some double postings. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years; #Journaling is my passion!#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years; #Journaling is my passion!#JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #journaling.
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment