Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, September 19, 2013

#JournalChat Live 9/19/13 Part I Topic: Your Journaling: Journal Jottings


JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I think it depends on how we learn; some visual; some text based. Being a writer certainly leans toward jotting!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:30pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @DawnHerring It can turn into a collage of sorts, pasting relevant and random info in our journals. #JournalChat#Journaling #journalchat
sdekins3:29pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @DawnHerring I like Mike's @mikesnotebook idea of putting articles you want to keep in your journal #JournalChat#Journaling #journalchat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
It can turn into a collage of sorts, pasting relevant and random info in our journals. Fun to look back on too. #JournalChat#Journaling

JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
I like Mik'es @mikesnotebook idea of putting articles in your journal/notebook that you want to keep. #JournalChat#Journaling
sdekins3:28pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Are we "jotters" because we are all writer types? #journalchat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Love the custom approach, Susan. Scratch paper, journals, post its, shopping list pads, etc. That's mine. ;)#JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @JournalChat I plan some content for Refresh Journal in my journal...themes, songs, other. Helpful! #JournalChat#Journaling #journalchat
sdekins3:27pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Sounds like Mike does ALL his in the notebook. I've seen some people that seem organized in that EVERYTHING is in there.#journalchat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
I also plan some of the content for Refresh Journal in my journal...themes, songs, other content. Helpful! #JournalChat#Journaling

sdekins3:26pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Some of my stuff is in notebooks or journals / some is in online files / some on postit notes. #journalchat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Isn't it funny how when we see another journal keeper jotting stuff down that we do, we find we're in good company! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:25pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @DawnHerring I jot the titles of songs stuck in my head in my journal; you never know why they're there. #JournalChat#journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
I often jot the titles of songs stuck in my head in my journal; you can never know why they're there. #JournalChat #Journaling

sdekins3:24pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I save quotations also, like Mike does. Glad I'm not alone in all this! #journalchat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I didn't write as much as I wanted to but at least I have a journal's worth. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Blog post ideas are a BIGGEE in my journal, Susan. That's where I hash it out. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:22pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat That's awesome about you having journals written to your daughters. #journalchat
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I say you can even start now; I still write about my kids; I think I always will. :) <3 #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:21pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @JournalChat @sdekins I use post it's for reminders on my desk too; helpful! #JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Both of my daughters are young adults as well; I have baby books and journals written to them as well. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:21pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
How about "ideas for future writing"? I have lots of possible ideas for blog posts written down. #journalchat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I use post it's for reminders on my desk too; helpful!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:20pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat I wish I'd recorded things about my kids when they were little. I did do the baby books. They're young adults now. #journalchat
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I think we can never have too many lists; but our journals help us keep track of it all! ;) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@jenniferbradle Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Jennifer! :) Good to see you.
Show Conversation
sdekins3:19pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@jenniferbradle I admit, I ALSO have a post-it on top of my typed Do List for today's priorities. Maybe I'm a tad OCD. :) lol#journalchat
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Oh, I wouldn't remember much if I didn't record it; I have years of history of my girls and, now, my grandboy. :)#JournalChat
Show Conversation
jenniferbradle3:18pm via Web
Susan, that's a long list! @sdekins Still like post-its for top 2 for today. #journalchat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:18pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
Yes! I keep a list of book titles, movie titles, etc. Usually I intend to look for them at the library but get distracted. #journalchat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
I have a tendency to jot book titles down as I run into then on the internet, especially if they're #art #Journaling related.#JournalChat

sdekins3:16pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@DawnHerring Love it! About your grandson. So cute and we DO forget down the road if we don't write it down. #journalchat
JournalChatSep 18, 11:53am via HootSuite
ow.ly/oZxCf Reasons why you should keep a journal by Mahjabeen Syed #Journaling #JournalChat
Retweeted by jenniferbradle
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
I think one of my favorite jottings right now is what new thing my grandboy is doing; that is so FUN to record. #JournalChat#Journaling

sdekins3:15pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @DawnHerring There's a place for jotting--quick notations, those quick lines of info we don't want to forget. #JournalChat#journalchat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
One of the things Mike notes is knowing if he doesn't jot it down Right Away, he'll forget all about it. I can relate! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:14pm via HootSuite
One of the things Mike notes is knowing if he doesn't jot it down Right Away, he'll forget all about it. I can relate! #JournalChat
sdekins3:14pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @DawnHerring ow.ly/p2bCc Our resource is by Mike Swickey: 21 Ways I Use My Notebook @mikesnotebook#JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
@sdekins You know, I think it is comforting to know I've got it all down in my journal for safe keeping. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Oh yes, the only way I remember stuff is to write or jot it down. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:12pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@JournalChat @mikesnotebook I agree about the "anything goes" being comforting. I'm not alone! #journalchat
sdekins3:11pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
RT @DawnHerring Mike's list @mikesnotebook is a true picture of how our lives are reflected in . . . our journals. #JournalChat#journalchat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I'm a note taker, too, Susan. I keep a journal in my handbag for all kinds of jottings. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
sdekins3:10pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
@DawnHerring I always have a tiny notebook with me - even at Church. Got to write things down or I forget them. #journalchat
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@sdekins I know what you mean, Susan. I have scraps of paper; now I'm putting those notes in my small journal.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@sdekins Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Susan. :) Great to see you.
Show Conversation
sdekins3:09pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I use my notebooks for taking notes everywhere I go. I'm the only one I know taking notes sometimes. Keeps me awake though#journalchat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
But there's also a place for jotting--those quick notations, those quick lines of information we don't want to lose/forget.#JournalChat

sdekins3:08pm via TweetChat powered by oneQube
I was using post-it notes for my Do List but finally put them in an Excel list. 2 1/2 pages! #journalchat
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
Often we association journals with long ramblings or deep insightful entries, which they often do contain. #JournalChat#Journaling

JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
Mike's list @mikesnotebook is a true picture of how the dimensions of our lives are reflected in what we jot in our journals. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
I just loved the fun, random, interesting list Mike @mikesnotebook shared in his post; everything goes!#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:04pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: Journal Jottings as we discuss using our journal to jot the many dimensions of our lives.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/p2bCc Our #Journaling resource is by Mike Swickey titled, 21 Ways I Use My Notebook @mikesnotebook #JournalChat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
To contribute to the chat, Use #JournalChat in your tweet; reply, post, ask questions, give your point of view!
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/p2bxj Wanted to share my interview with Nathan Ohren @Write4LifeCoach on his #JournalTalk podcast. #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper;#Journaling is a great way to start and end my day.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things#journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment