Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, December 6, 2012

#JournalChat Live 12/6/12 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: Let It Flow! (new techniques)



JournalChat4:31pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling in the flow, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:31pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling in the flow, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:30pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 12/13, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring4:30pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 12/13, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
dredrelew4:29pm via web
@JournalChat you're welcome Dawn! I missed the#JournalChat and hope to join in next week. Cheers!
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks to @adelarubio for joining us & for her post, our #journaling resource for #JournalChatLive today. ow.ly/fTnw6
DawnHerring4:29pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks to @adelarubio for joining us & for her post, our #journaling resource for #JournalChatLive today. ow.ly/fTnup
molossus14:28pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChatow.ly/fTnpg For more about me, your host, check out Dawn's Dimensions.#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:27pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTnpg For more about me, your host, check out Dawn's Dimensions. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:27pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTno0 For more about me, your host, check out Dawn's Dimensions. #JournalChat #Journaling
molossus14:27pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChatow.ly/fTnnp Info if you'd like to know more about #JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things #Journaling
molossus14:27pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChatow.ly/fTnjt If you would like a transcript of #JournalChat Live and Links Edition, subscribe today! #Journaling
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTnnp Info if you'd like to know more about#JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things#Journaling
DawnHerring4:26pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTnmd Info if you'd like to know more about#JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things#Journaling
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTnjt If you would like a transcript of#JournalChat Live and Links Edition, subscribe today! #Journaling
DawnHerring4:25pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTnhR If you would like a transcript of#JournalChat Live and Links Edition, subscribe today! #Journaling
dredrelew4:25pm via web
RT @JournalChat: I love this, Adela! "#Journaling is a powerful tool to awaken your awareness and upgrade your consciousness." #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:25pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Thanks for this link - I'll check it out.#JournalChat
janifranck4:25pm via Mobile Web (M2)
RT @JournalChatow.ly/fTndR Sometimes#Journaling What You Did Do can help with flow as well. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTndR Sometimes #Journaling What You Did Do can help with flow as well. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTncF Sometimes #Journaling What You Did Do can help with flow as well. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTnaw As Adela mentioned, #Journaling#Prompts can be just what we need for #Journalingto flow! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:23pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/fTn6S As Adela mentioned, #Journaling#Prompts can be just what we need for #Journalingto flow! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:22pm via HootSuite
When we use techniques and approaches that speak to us, both textually, visually and colorfully, our#Journaling will flow! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:22pm via HootSuite
When we use techniques and approaches that speak to us, both textually, visually and colorfully, our#Journaling will flow! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio Thanks so much for joining us, Adela; it was a delight to have you as our guest! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt What a colorful #Journalingrendition you must compile, Stephen. Fun and insightful. #JournalChat
adelarubio4:19pm via TweetChat
Wonderful 1st experience w/ JournalChat. Thanks all & @DawnHerring for featuring my post. Have to sign off. Deep appreciation. #journalchat
molossus14:18pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: RT @StephenVanVugt: Though I've also used my daughter's crayons in my journal, just for another perspective. #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:17pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Yes, crayons help bring the kid out in me. Crayons and those big, fat red pencils :-)#JournalChat
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
RT @StephenVanVugt: I've actually typed a few of my volumes into the computer and added footnotes, as an opinion from 'me now' #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:17pm via HootSuite
RT @StephenVanVugt: I've actually typed a few of my volumes into the computer and added footnotes, as an opinion from 'me now' #JournalChat
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Oh, wow, Stephen. What an insightful idea! Really get a parallel view!#JournalChat
adelarubio4:16pm via TweetChat
@molossus1 Thanks, it's helped me break thru many a time. #journalchat
StephenVanVugt4:16pm via TweetChat
I've actually typed a few of my volumes into the computer and added footnotes, as an opinion from 'me now' Also fun. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:16pm via HootSuite
RT @StephenVanVugt: Though I've also used my daughter's crayons in my journal, just for another perspective. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:16pm via HootSuite
RT @StephenVanVugt: Though I've also used my daughter's crayons in my journal, just for another perspective. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Crayons. Now there's an idea; perhaps for a younger, fresher perspective? Love it.#JournalChat
molossus14:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: What a powerful practice; and with plenty of approaches to keep it fresh, interesting and in the flow! #JournalChat...
molossus14:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: I love this, Adela! "#Journaling is a powerful tool to awaken your awareness and upgrade your consciousness." #JournalChat
molossus14:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: She also mentions the Mind Map. Oh yes! What a great association practice it can be!#JournalChat #Journaling
molossus14:14pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: I love your last idea, Adela. Draw. The free expression of putting marks on the page can be so liberating. #JournalChat...
StephenVanVugt4:14pm via TweetChat
Though I've also used my daughter's crayons in my journal, just for another perspective. #JournalChat
molossus14:14pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: Something that might seem boring or mundane might produce something unexpected. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:14pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Yes, there are core personality traits that never change. ;) #JournalChat
molossus14:14pm via HootSuite
RT @JournalChat: Sometimes you may sit and have so many thoughts come to mind. These can be seeds for a journal entry. #JournalChat...
StephenVanVugt4:13pm via TweetChat
@SuzieCheel I also use colored pens - for different moods, different speakers (in dialogues) or isolating quotes & prompts #JournalChat
JournalChat4:13pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel Do you use them intuitively, like what you're drawn to, or do you have a set color for different purposes? #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:12pm via TweetChat
@adelarubio I enjoy reading my journals too! Fun to see how I've changed . . . and how I haven't :-)#JournalChat
SuzieCheel4:12pm via TweetChat
Using colored pens, textas I love @JournalChat#journalchat
JournalChat4:12pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio There you go! I might just do that. ;)#JournalChat I'll have to create an index for each one too.
adelarubio4:11pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat LOL @DawnHerring... great activity for a wintry weekend: catching up on journal reading.#journalchat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel Up to this point, I've kept the color in my art journal. I haven't tried incorporating it into my writing journal. #JournalChat
SuzieCheel4:09pm via TweetChat
Yes color is very powerful and we can use it with meditation- chakras, and journaling too @JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio I have over 50 journals; I've read maybe half of them. I have a LOT of catching up to do. Inspiring Evolution! #JournalChat
adelarubio4:08pm via TweetChat
@StephenVanVugt I'm an ex-techie too. Used to manage technology in NYC. #journalchat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Yes, it's a clever way of putting it! ;) #JournalChat
adelarubio4:07pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Thanks, @DawnHerring! I've read my past journals and clearly get how I have evolved.#journalchat
StephenVanVugt4:06pm via TweetChat
Hello again! I'm home now. As a computer guy, I like the 'upgrade your consciousness'! #JournalChat
OlascAde4ART4:06pm via Ultwimate Apps
RT @SuzieCheel: When we allow our creativity to flow we hear out heart whispers@adelarubio @DawnHerring #journalchat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel We may understand something on a deeper level with using color, since colors can speak different things to us. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
What a powerful practice; and with plenty of approaches to keep it fresh, interesting and in the flow! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:05pm via HootSuite
What a powerful practice; and with plenty of approaches to keep it fresh, interesting and in the flow! #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:04pm via HootSuite
I love this, Adela! "#Journaling is a powerful tool to awaken your awareness and upgrade your consciousness." #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:04pm via HootSuite
I love this, Adela! "#Journaling is a powerful tool to awaken your awareness and upgrade your consciousness." #JournalChat
SuzieCheel4:04pm via TweetChat
Yes they are so powerful especially when we use color on our mindmaps @JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
Our heart may "whisper," as Suzie calls it, a word we need on that mind map; it may lead to a wonderful surprise. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:02pm via HootSuite
Our heart may "whisper," as Suzie calls it, a word we need on that mind map; it may lead to a wonderful surprise. #JournalChat #Journaling
SuzieCheel4:02pm via TweetChat
Thanks I have a weekly Heart Whisper I share atsuziecheel.com@adelarubio #journalchat
JournalChat4:01pm via HootSuite
I've been amazed with what a mind map can produce just by paying attention to our intuition &creating a visual at the same time #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:01pm via HootSuite
I've been amazed with what a mind map can produce just by paying attention to our intuition &creating a visual at the same time #JournalChat
adelarubio4:00pm via TweetChat
@SuzieCheel I love 'we hear our heart whispers.'#journalchat
adelarubio4:00pm via TweetChat
I LUV mindmaps. :) Great creative sparker.#journalchat
SuzieCheel3:59pm via TweetChat
When we allow our creativity to flow we hear out heart whispers@adelarubio @DawnHerring #journalchat
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
She also mentions the Mind Map. Oh yes! What a great association practice it can be! #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring3:59pm via HootSuite
She also mentions the Mind Map. Oh yes! What a great association practice it can be! #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
I love how Adela describes drawing as freedom to express without words; and it's a powerful way to get it on the page. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:58pm via HootSuite
I love how Adela describes drawing as freedom to express without words; and it's a powerful way to get it on the page. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:56pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio Yes, it does; it helps me break outside the typical artistic boxes I've run into; it's very intuitive & liberating. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:56pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio Yes, it does; it helps me break outside the typical artistic boxes I've run into; it's very intuitive & liberating. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
I think Suzie has a great idea; working with several of your favorite nourishing/refreshing activities; makes them powerful! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:55pm via HootSuite
I think Suzie has a great idea; working with several of your favorite nourishing/refreshing activities; makes them powerful! #JournalChat
adelarubio3:55pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I can see how that would invite your muse even more @DawnHerring #journalchat
SuzieCheel3:54pm via TweetChat
When we allow our #creativity to flow miracles can happen @JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat3:54pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio I'm a life long artist; but what I love is just having fun with it. No rules, no specifics. Just run with it. #JournalChat
leahmichon3:54pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring @SuzieCheel @adelarubio That sounds great - three enjoyable things all in a row.#journalchat
JournalChat3:53pm via HootSuite
RT @SuzieCheel: I often paint after meditation and then journal- can be very powerful @adelarubio@DawnHerring #journalchat
DawnHerring3:53pm via HootSuite
RT @SuzieCheel: I often paint after meditation and then journal- can be very powerful @adelarubio@DawnHerring #journalchat
JournalChat3:53pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel What a wonderful combination! I can imagine doing that in one session. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:52pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel Oh yes, I love the flow I get when I use color and texture with my #Artjournaling practice. Fun!#JournalChat
adelarubio3:52pm via TweetChat
@SuzieCheel Wow, you're a triple threat, Suzie!#journalchat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Thanks for joining us today, Stephen! #JournalChat
adelarubio3:50pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Yup! Older brother drew very well, so I always had this 'I'm not an artist thing.' Frees me from the yackety yack. #journalchat
SuzieCheel3:50pm via TweetChat
I often paint after meditation and then journal- can be very powerful @adelarubio @DawnHerring#journalchat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Leah; great to see you! :)
JournalChat3:49pm via HootSuite
I'm big on stippling, especially with watercolor.I love the texture it creates, adding dimension to my art journal. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:49pm via HootSuite
I'm big on stippling, especially with watercolor.I love the texture it creates, adding dimension to my art journal. #Journaling #JournalChat
SuzieCheel3:49pm via TweetChat
that is a wonderful prompt freedom flight color and more @JournalChat #journalchat
adelarubio3:49pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I figured you did @DawnHerring. It's been a while since I've done a tweetchat. So fun!#journalchat
JournalChat3:49pm via HootSuite
I love your last idea, Adela. Draw. The free expression of putting marks on the page can be so liberating. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:49pm via HootSuite
I love your last idea, Adela. Draw. The free expression of putting marks on the page can be so liberating. #JournalChat #Journaling
StephenVanVugt3:49pm via Twitter for iPhone
#JournalChat I must go. Thanks for a wonderful chat, all!
leahmichon3:48pm via TweetDeck
Hi, stopping by #journalchat a little late.
StephenVanVugt3:48pm via Twitter for iPhone
“@JournalChat: @adelarubio I like quirky. Keeps things interesting. :) #JournalChat” - Yes!
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio Oh, yes. I recommended that at the start of our chat; do every week. Thanks for the reminder for folks. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio I like quirky. Keeps things interesting. :)#JournalChat
adelarubio3:46pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring best way for these chats is to go totweetchat.com and enter the room #journalchat. Hashtag is included. #journalchat
StephenVanVugt3:46pm via Twitter for iPhone
@adelarubio I read his poetry often, and love to use them. Missed this one along the way! #JournalChat
adelarubio3:45pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring With boring/mundane I might free associate or make up some quirky story, that will usually jiggle it for me #journalchat
JournalChat3:45pm via HootSuite
Just a super friendly reminder; to be part of the live chat, use #JournalChat in your tweet. Thanks!
DawnHerring3:45pm via HootSuite
Just a super friendly reminder; to be part of the live chat, use #JournalChat in your tweet. Thanks!
adelarubio3:43pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat @DawnHerring, esp if it's boring or mundane I like to explore. Shows I'm only seeing the surface. #journalchat
JournalChat3:43pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio Yes, those rules. That's what I love about #Journaling; there are no rules! Unless we want to make up our own! #JournalChat
adelarubio3:42pm via TweetChat
@StephenVanVugt Sure thing Stephen. :) The Guest House is a piece of writing that I keep coming back to. #journalchat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
Something that might seem boring or mundane might produce something unexpected. #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
Something that might seem boring or mundane might produce something unexpected. #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
Sometimes you may sit and have so many thoughts come to mind. These can be seeds for a journal entry. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:42pm via HootSuite
Sometimes you may sit and have so many thoughts come to mind. These can be seeds for a journal entry. #JournalChat #Journaling
adelarubio3:41pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I luv freewrites because it liberates me from the rules. We already have so many of those, LOL! #journalchat
JournalChat3:41pm via HootSuite
@adelarubio So one source of creativity (picture taking) influences the muse. #JournalChat

No comments:

Post a Comment