Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, December 13, 2012

#JournalChat Live 12/13/12 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: It's Just Perfect!



RefreshwithDawn4:58pm via web
Enjoy your Perfect #Journaling and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:58pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your Perfect #Journaling and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
RefreshwithDawn4:57pm via web
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 12/20, for our FINAL session of 2012!!#Journaling topic to be announced
DawnHerring4:57pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 12/20, for our FINAL session of 2012!!#Journaling topic to be announced
dredrelew4:56pm via web
@DawnHerring great #JournalChat Dawn! A lot of great perspectives/insights. Thanks so much!
RefreshwithDawn4:55pm via web
Special thanks to @JulietPlatt for joining us and for her post, 7 Astounding Benefits of Journal Writing.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:55pm via HootSuite
Special thanks to @JulietPlatt for joining us and for her post, 7 Astounding Benefits of Journal Writing.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:54pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt It's been a pleasure, Stephen; thanks so much for joining us today! :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:54pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/g5sAQ To learn more about me, your host, check out Dawn's Dimensions! #Journaling#JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:54pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring Thanks for hosting another great chat, Dawn! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:52pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/g5stf To learn more about #JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things #Journaling
whisper2d14:51pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
As we become familiar with our own rhythm we get into our own flow #JournalChat"
DawnHerring4:51pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/g5soP #RefreshJournal can help us create a bit more "perfection" with a fresh perspective!#JournalChat #Journaling
dredrelew4:50pm via web
@JulietPlatt goodnight Juliet! Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:50pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/g5slK Seeing What You Did Do can help you see what's perfect going on! #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:48pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/g5siZ Sometimes a #Journaling #prompt can help us create that Perfect practice! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:47pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Thanks so much for joining us today, Juliet. It has been a delight!! #JournalChat
RefreshwithDawn4:47pm via web
@JulietPlatt Thanks so much for joining us today, Juliet. It has been a delight!! #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:47pm via TweetChat
@JulietPlatt Goodnight Juliet! Thanks for all the insight! #JournalChat
RefreshwithDawn4:46pm via web
For those just joining us, my JournalChat account is over limit. Please check out my alternate @RefreshwithDawn#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:46pm via HootSuite
For those just joining us, my JournalChat account is over limit. Please check out my alternate @RefreshwithDawn#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:46pm via TweetChat
Great chatting to you all - look forwards to catching up again soon! Night night from the UK #JournalChat
RefreshwithDawn4:45pm via web
@karenlalaniz Karen, Welcome back to#JournalChat Live; good to see you. :)
JulietPlatt4:44pm via TweetChat
Getting into the flow now! But it's nearly the witching hour here so I need to go sleep! #JournalChat
p_staatz4:44pm via Twitter for BlackBerry®
RT @DawnHerring: RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChatGetting into the flow means that we can achieve more in one hour than we ever thought possible
karenlalaniz4:44pm via TweetDeck
I was working on a revised proposal. Sorry I'm so late! Hope it was a great chat! #journalchat
RefreshwithDawn4:44pm via web
@JulietPlatt I cannot get over how awesome that can be for anyone keeping a journal! #Journaling is a time saver! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:44pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I cannot get over how awesome that can be for anyone keeping a journal! #Journaling is a time saver! #JournalChat
RefreshwithDawn4:43pm via web
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat Getting into the flow means that we can achieve more in one hour than we ever thought possible
DawnHerring4:43pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat Getting into the flow means that we can achieve more in one hour than we ever thought possible
RefreshwithDawn4:43pm via web
RT @JulietPlatt: As we become familiar with our own rhythm we get into our own flow #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:42pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: As we become familiar with our own rhythm we get into our own flow #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:42pm via TweetChat
@RefreshwithDawn Exactly we create more time as soon as we recognise how we waste it #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:42pm via HootSuite
Heads up. My JournalChat account has hit tweet limit. Switching to @RefreshwithDawn#JournalChat
dredrelew4:41pm via web
RT @JulietPlatt: As we become familiar with our own rhythm we get into our own flow #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:41pm via web
#JournalChat Getting into the flow means that we can achieve more in one hour than we ever thought possible
RefreshwithDawn4:41pm via web
@JulietPlatt So, #Journaling helps us create time for ourselves when we see how we waste time. Fabulous. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:40pm via TweetChat
As we become familiar with our own rhythm we get into our own flow #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:39pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt So, #Journaling helps us create time for ourselves when we see how we waste time. Fabulous. #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:39pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat: thats one of the things I love most about #Journaling; It helps me create the life I desire, one entry at a time. #JournalChat
dredrelew4:39pm via web
@JulietPlatt love it Juliet! This truly resonated with me. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:39pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I love the word expansion; and I love the way expansion feels. Sounds like time standing still for a moment. #JournalChat
dredrelew4:38pm via web
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat The more we pay attention to the present moment, the more the present moment expands
JournalChat4:38pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat The more we pay attention to the present moment, the more the present moment expands
DawnHerring4:38pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat The more we pay attention to the present moment, the more the present moment expands
JulietPlatt4:38pm via TweetChat
As we distinguish the real amount of time things take from the amount of time we worry about things we end up with more time #JournalChat
JournalChat4:37pm via HootSuite
I think that's one of the things I love most about#Journaling; It helps me create the life I desire, one entry at a time. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:37pm via HootSuite
I think that's one of the things I love most about#Journaling; It helps me create the life I desire, one entry at a time. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:37pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Wow. Now that one really packs a PERFECT punch; the sweet kind! #Journaling helps us create NOW. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:37pm via web
#JournalChat The more we pay attention to the present moment, the more the present moment expands
JournalChat4:36pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: We bring the past and the future into our present - to create whatever we want for ourselves #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:36pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: We bring the past and the future into our present - to create whatever we want for ourselves #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:35pm via TweetChat
We bring the past and the future into our present - to create whatever we want for ourselves #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:35pm via TweetChat
RT @JournalChat: @JulietPlatt Yes, our essential self wants to lighten things up--shackles off, thank you very much! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:35pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Timelessness--can you share more, Juliet? #JournalChat
JournalChat4:34pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Yes, our essential self wants to lighten things up--shackles off, thank you very much!#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:33pm via TweetChat
The 7th benefit is all about the timelessness of journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:33pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt I love it, Stephen! That's awesome. When we really pay attention, we can create our best lives. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:32pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt That's a great way to put it, Get over ourselves. Like, I can move on now. (I speak for myself) #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:32pm via web
#JournalChat @dredrelew and the negativity dissipates because our essential self finds it too exhausting!
JournalChat4:32pm via HootSuite
And now for Juliet's Final Perfect point: Transforms our relationship with time #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:32pm via HootSuite
And now for Juliet's Final Perfect point: Transforms our relationship with time #Journaling #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:31pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I just created a playlist this week called 'Fun' that has been keeping me in good spirits for 4 days now! #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:31pm via TweetChat
@dredrelew Sometimes we can allow ourselves to rant over and over - but then we kind of get over ourselves #JournalChat
JournalChat4:31pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Exactly; and when we figure out what triggers them, we can create more of where that came from! #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:31pm via TweetChat
@JulietPlatt And the triggers are what can help relive them! Love it! #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:30pm via TweetChat
We can totally relive the good feelings - and we get clear on what triggers them too #JournalChat
JournalChat4:30pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt I have favorite songs I often play several time per week; then they get in my head too!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Yes, and now we have YouTube; one of my regular places to listen when I work online.#JournalChat
dredrelew4:29pm via web
@JulietPlatt YES! I noticed I went through a period where I kept #Journaling a lot of negativity/it took me awhile to change #JournalChat
JournalChat4:28pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Exactly, Juliet. And we can relive the good feelings when we record them, too. It's a Perfect Win! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:28pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Exactly, Juliet. And we can relive the good feelings when we record them, too. It's a Perfect Win! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:28pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat The more we record about what brings us joy the more it makes joy accessible to us
DawnHerring4:28pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat The more we record about what brings us joy the more it makes joy accessible to us
JournalChat4:27pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt You're already benefiting, Stephen! Awesome! Make a note; I do that where I journal. #JournalChat
dredrelew4:27pm via web
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat The more we record about what brings us joy the more it makes joy accessible to us
JulietPlatt4:27pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring and I notice there are certain pieces of music which always have the same effect, so I consciously hunt those out #JournalChat
dredrelew4:27pm via web
@DawnHerring same here! I record my mood regularly #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Oh, absolutely, Juliet. Those childhood activities are often KEY to Authentic Play.#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:26pm via web
#JournalChat The more we record about what brings us joy the more it makes joy accessible to us
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
I pay attention to music I like, people I admire, and activities that lift my energy; they all get recorded in my journal. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:26pm via HootSuite
I pay attention to music I like, people I admire, and activities that lift my energy; they all get recorded in my journal. #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:25pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I am going to do this starting today. I giggled and laughed a lot - I need to write it down to remind myself! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
When I incorporate more play in my #Journaling and my life, it truly does make it more Perfect!#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:25pm via HootSuite
When I incorporate more play in my #Journaling and my life, it truly does make it more Perfect!#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:25pm via TweetChat
And reintroducing something from your childhood into your present life is good too. For me it was cycling! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
I totally enjoy recording what made me laugh, brought me delight, made me feel good, etc.#Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
I totally enjoy recording what made me laugh, brought me delight, made me feel good, etc.#Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: Play is such an intrinsic part of being human - and our journals are rich practice grounds #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:23pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: Play is such an intrinsic part of being human - and our journals are rich practice grounds #JournalChat
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
Record what you enjoyed about each day;#Journaling helps you determine what brings out the inner child in you. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:23pm via HootSuite
Record what you enjoyed about each day;#Journaling helps you determine what brings out the inner child in you. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:23pm via TweetChat
Play is such an intrinsic part of being human - and our journals are rich practice grounds #JournalChat
JournalChat4:22pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt And I think that one is my favorite, although they're all so good, Juliet. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:21pm via TweetChat
Oh yeah - forgot about the joy one! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is the PERFECT practice to determine what play will bring out the best in us! Have fun!#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:21pm via HootSuite
#Journaling is the PERFECT practice to determine what play will bring out the best in us! Have fun!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
I love this one from Juliet: Coaxes out our human joy in playing #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
I love this one from Juliet: Coaxes out our human joy in playing #Journaling #JournalChat
dredrelew4:20pm via web
@JulietPlatt @StephenVanVugt I agree, it's about being open to really look inward. Sometimes it's hard. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt That's a good point, Juliet. We can be gentle with ourselves with our #Journaling.#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:19pm via TweetChat
I just blogged about transforming our relationship with time today - the 7th benefit on my perfect list#JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:19pm via TweetChat
RT @JulietPlatt#JournalChat@StephenVanVugt...your journal will show you the way eventually #JournalChat
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Exactly, Stephen. That's, to me, the whole point of #Journaling. That's what makes it PERFECT (Topic). #JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
RT @StephenVanVugt: @JournalChat Good point - persisting with the thoughts/topics until you break through! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:18pm via HootSuite
RT @StephenVanVugt: @JournalChat Good point - persisting with the thoughts/topics until you break through! #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:18pm via web
#JournalChat @StephenVanVugt...your journal will show you the way eventually
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Andrea; good to see you. :)
JulietPlatt4:17pm via TweetChat
@StephenVanVugt if you know you're avoiding something you're part of the way there, so go easy on yourself.. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:16pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt If we stay at it long enough, we often determine the issue we're trying to avoid. Then we hit gold. #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:16pm via TweetChat
@dredrelew Thanks. I'll try that tonight! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: @DawnHerring Yes! part of the self-awareness thing is to know when we're deviating#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:15pm via HootSuite
RT @JulietPlatt: @DawnHerring Yes! part of the self-awareness thing is to know when we're deviating#JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:15pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Good point - persisting with the thoughts/topics until you break through!#JournalChat
dredrelew4:15pm via web
@StephenVanVugt @JulietPlatt @JournalChat Every night before I fall asleep I set the intention to remember my dreams #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt If you decide to remember, you may, without realizing it. Just make time each morning. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:15pm via TweetChat
@StephenVanVugt For not avoiding read hitting head on! I have the knack of sniffing out self-delusion!#JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:15pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I try to get to the heart of the matter, though I know there are some things I should dig into, but avoid. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:14pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Now that's a good question; I've always recalled them, at least 99 percent of the time.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:14pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Oh, they are, Juliet! I respect my night messages; what to figure out what's going on.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:13pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Those revelations are well worth staying with it until you get to the gold. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:13pm via TweetChat
@DawnHerring Yes! part of the self-awareness thing is to know when we're deviating #JournalChat
JournalChat4:13pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt That's a good Question, Stephen. I'm determined to get to the heart of the matter; so I keep at it. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:11pm via TweetChat
Don't stress about the dreams you don't remember Stephen - just learn from the ones you do!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:11pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt It is easy to go off track since our minds often do that on their own. They need #Journalingtraining! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:11pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt It is easy to go off track since our minds often do that on their own. They need #Journalingtraining! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt I thought you might, Stephen. I love it too. Carrying on from our Loving your self topic from another #JournalChat.
StephenVanVugt4:10pm via TweetChat
@JulietPlatt @JournalChat Any techniques to help remember dreams? I never seem to recall mine in the morning. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:09pm via HootSuite
@Write4LifeCoach You're welcome to join us, Nathan. Still chatting! #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:09pm via web
#JournalChat @DawnHerring our dreams are such rich journaling resources
JournalChat4:09pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Sounds like you have a very succinct#Journaling practice, Juliet! Very purposeful and productive. #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:09pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I'm good at figuring out what makes me uncomfortable! What things do you do to not avoid writing about those them? #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:08pm via TweetChat
Hi @StephenVanVugt I wrote tight for about five minutes, dragging myself back to the issue and asking what was really needed #JournalChat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Oh, indeed, it is! I pay attention to that stuff. Even in my night dreams, which I write daily.#JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:07pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I LOVE the idea of congratulating myself before bed! #JournalChat
Write4LifeCoach4:07pm via web
#JournalChat looks like I missed a great one! I look forward to catching up with all these awesome reminders about #journaling! Thx Dawn!
StephenVanVugt4:06pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Good to be here and see you too, Dawn! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt It can really help to get out the angst, see what went right, and congratulate yourself before bed. ;) #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:06pm via TweetChat
@JulietPlatt I will use that technique. Sounds fun!#JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:06pm via web
#JournalChat Yes when a topic keeps repeating it's crying out to be addressed!
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@StephenVanVugt Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Stephen. Good to see you! :)
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt Isn't that awesome?; you can actually figure out what making you so uncomfortable.#JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:05pm via TweetChat
@JulietPlatt How exactly did you 'nail it' in your journal? Sounds interesting! #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:05pm via TweetChat
I just named my mood then reined in my writing every time it went off topic. Ended up with a very tight and doable list. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:04pm via HootSuite
I notice when a topic comes up repeatedly,#Journaling helps me recognize what change I CAN make for the better. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:04pm via HootSuite
I notice when a topic comes up repeatedly,#Journaling helps me recognize what change I CAN make for the better. #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:04pm via TweetChat
Hello! Dropping in late and getting caught up. Looks like I missed a very interesting chat! #JournalChat
StephenVanVugt4:03pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Interesting observation about calm & sleep. I journal in the evening but have never paid attention. I will now! #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:03pm via TweetChat
Today I was really jittery and hopping from one thing to another. I nailed it in my journal! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
@OutOTWhirlwind Thanks for joining us today, Michael. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt When we see what we can do with what is manageable, we feel self-empowered.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
I know that #Journaling in the evening helps me center and calm myself for sleep. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:02pm via HootSuite
I know that #Journaling in the evening helps me center and calm myself for sleep. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt4:01pm via web
#JournalChat calming mood is about making distinctions again - we can't manage what we don't measure!
JournalChat4:01pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt But then when we recognize it, we know what we need to do, right? Perhaps a distinctive list is in order! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:00pm via HootSuite
And another Perfect point from Juliet: Encourages calmer moods #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:00pm via HootSuite
And another Perfect point from Juliet: Encourages calmer moods #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt It still amazes me; that's why I recommend #Journaling to anyone. It's so PERFECT! :) #JournalChat
JulietPlatt3:59pm via TweetChat
@OutOTWhirlwind yes strangeness and uncomfortableness show up in my journal and it makes me cringe #JournalChat
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
RT @OutOTWhirlwind#JournalChat -love, fun & joy are self evident & are simply our "truth".
DawnHerring3:58pm via HootSuite
RT @OutOTWhirlwind#JournalChat -love, fun & joy are self evident & are simply our "truth".
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
RT @OutOTWhirlwind#JournalChat Self-sabotage is discerned by a strangeness & uncomfortableness--
DawnHerring3:58pm via HootSuite
RT @OutOTWhirlwind#JournalChat Self-sabotage is discerned by a strangeness & uncomfortableness--
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
@OutOTWhirlwind That was very well put, Michael.#Journaling helps us recognize that; when we record how we feel. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt3:58pm via web
#JournalChat and who knew that #Journaling would be such a healing and restorative past-time!
OutOTWhirlwind3:57pm via web
#JournalChat Wonderful, wonderful, great chat. Must go. Thank you all. See you next Thursday.
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@JulietPlatt It's amazing to me how legible my writing with my non-dominant hand was just after a few weeks. #JournalChat
JulietPlatt3:57pm via web
#JournalChat the way our brain functions I think it was inevitable that humans would write

No comments:

Post a Comment