Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, May 16, 2013

#JournalChat Live 5/16/13 Part I Topic: Your #Journaling: Keep It Brief! with special guest, Mari McCarthy



madeline403:39pm via TweetChat
@KathyPooler That's like our discussion on writing to heal. Thanks, Kathy. #journalchat
Show Conversation
caroline_gavin3:39pm via Twitterfall
@JournalChat I share brief "Poetic Pauses" on Twitter; the brevity is powerful in terms of the crystallization that results.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
@Bookmark_Terry When you Identify that pain and what triggered it, you can take steps to regain your power in the situation. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:38pm via TweetChat
RT @JournalChat: Shorter entries could help revolutionize the way we keep a journal, still capturing the essence of life.#journalchat
CreateWriteNow3:38pm via TweetChat
Yes Kathy. No thinking just writing the words that you feel, that matter to you #journalchat
KathyPooler3:38pm via TweetDeck
@Bookmark_Terry think when we can sort out the pain& label it, it has less power over us. Can put it in its place on the page#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: This is a powerful session. It makes us think of a new way to journal and maybe getting to the big stuff faster#journalchat
DawnHerring3:38pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: This is a powerful session. It makes us think of a new way to journal and maybe getting to the big stuff faster#journalchat
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
Shorter entries could help revolutionize the way we keep a journal, still capturing the essence of life. #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring3:38pm via HootSuite
Shorter entries could help revolutionize the way we keep a journal, still capturing the essence of life. #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Exactly, Madeline. That's what I thought too.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:37pm via TweetChat
RT @madeline40: a powerful session. It makes us think of a new way to journal and maybe getting to the big stuff faster.#journalchat
KathyPooler3:36pm via TweetDeck
RT @madeline40: This is a powerful session. It makes us think of a new way to journal and maybe getting to the big stuff faster#journalchat
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow I may just write a sentence about each situation and see if I'm able to capture it without the wordiness.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:35pm via TweetChat
This is a powerful session. It makes us think of a new way to journal and maybe getting to the big stuff faster. #journalchat
CreateWriteNow3:35pm via TweetChat
RT @Bookmark_Terry: @KathyPooler I have to make that okay, which shouldnt be a leap because it is! #journalchat
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Shorter entries certainly make us more thoughtful as we consider the possibilities, the enhancements of our day #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:34pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat It was powerful , Dawn. Later I could go back and realize how much progress I had made- gratitude #journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline403:34pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat 140 characters could definitely equal a nutshell.#journalchat
Show Conversation
Bookmark_Terry3:34pm via Twitter for Android
@KathyPooler I have to make that okay, which shouldn't be a leap because it is! #journalchat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:34pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat why not give it a try Dawn? I'll bet you'll learn something new about yourself. :) #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: It's like having a private words with friends game:) #journalchat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: We discover the depth & dynamics of the beautiful words available to us. #journalchat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
How about Mari's topic of a New Idea? Keep it brief, in a nutshell. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:33pm via HootSuite
How about Mari's topic of a New Idea? Keep it brief, in a nutshell. #JournalChat #Journaling
madeline403:33pm via TweetChat
I think if all I wrote for the day was just two sentences, I think I might feel like I left something out.#JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler And that's all you needed to write. I think that's powerful. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:32pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Well, instead of writing poems separately I could practice writing poetry journals. #journalchat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:32pm via TweetChat
We discover the depth & dynamics of the beautiful words available to us. It's like having a private words with friends game:) #journalchat
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
I think if all I wrote for the day was just two sentences, I think I might feel like I left something out...#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:32pm via HootSuite
I think if all I wrote for the day was just two sentences, I think I might feel like I left something out...#JournalChat #Journaling
Bookmark_Terry3:32pm via Twitter for Android
@madeline40 I get to the page on those days sometimes but others--not easy. #journalchat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:31pm via TweetDeck
@Bookmark_Terry,I have journals from when I underwent a stem cell transplant.."I'm so tired.." was all I could write one day#journalchat
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I know what you mean, Madeline. Release that angst! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:30pm via TweetChat
@vmusgrave I've practiced writing shorter and shorter poems - even twitter length and they get the point across. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow So, this approach can actually help us discover more than a longer entry? Interesting. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Now, that's a great idea, Madeline. Poetry is perfect for brevity. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:29pm via TweetDeck
RT @madeline40: @Bookmark_Terry I can't wait to write after something bad happens. It helps me process it. #journalchat I agree, Madeline
vmusgrave3:29pm via TweetChat
@madeline40 Like the idea of a poem - really captures emotions well. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
@Bookmark_Terry Actually, Terry, those bad ones can actually reveal our emotion, what triggered it and help us get empowered. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:28pm via TweetChat
RT @Bookmark_Terry: @JournalChat I can write about funny days. Those bad ones can make me not journal for a week.#journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline403:28pm via TweetChat
@Bookmark_Terry I can't wait to write after something bad happens. It helps me process it. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I know what you mean, Madeline. It's hard to whittle it down. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:28pm via TweetChat
We find in doing shorter entries that "less is more!" So much more of ourself we discover!
#journalchat
Bookmark_Terry3:27pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat I can write about funny days. Those bad ones can make me not journal for a week. #journalchat #writing
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: @CreateWriteNow I love the idea of cutting through the clutter with brevity! #journalchat
madeline403:27pm via TweetChat
RT @KathyPooler: @CreateWriteNow I love the idea of cutting through the clutter with brevity! #journalchat
madeline403:26pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat The problem is I think everything matters as I write. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: this is very good for ppl who say they don't have time to journal. A list, a phrase, even just hi, can help#journalchat
DawnHerring3:26pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: this is very good for ppl who say they don't have time to journal. A list, a phrase, even just hi, can help#journalchat
KathyPooler3:26pm via TweetDeck
@CreateWriteNow I love the idea of cutting through the clutter with brevity! #journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline403:26pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I think writing it down helps us not miss it and remember it as something important. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I did too, Madeline. I've even got a bit briefer already, focusing more on what really matters. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:25pm via TweetChat
this is very good for ppl who say they don't have time to journal. A list, a phrase. even just, hi, how are you? can help you#journalchat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
The Highlight of our day; I love this one, since the BEST of what I experienced is something I don't want to miss! #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring3:25pm via HootSuite
The Highlight of our day; I love this one, since the BEST of what I experienced is something I don't want to miss! #JournalChat#Journaling
madeline403:24pm via TweetChat
@CreateWriteNow I make it a point to name my feeling with the list I create of what I experienced in the day; great awareness!#journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
Mari provides a lovely list of topics to choose from for each shorter entry. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:24pm via HootSuite
Mari provides a lovely list of topics to choose from for each shorter entry. #JournalChat #Journaling
madeline403:23pm via TweetChat
I like the idea of short entries. I tend to go on too long. But my fingers move very fast. #journalchat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Madeline. :) Great to see you. :)
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Yes, typically something humorous is short and to the point. Not a bad idea for a journal entry! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:21pm via TweetChat
Hi, everyone. Glad to be back here. #journalchat
KathyPooler3:21pm via TweetDeck
RT @CreateWriteNow: My favorite quote is ironically from Polonius in Hamlet: "Brevity is the soul of wit." :) #journalchatGreat quote!
CreateWriteNow3:21pm via TweetChat
My favorite quote is ironically from Polonius in Hamlet: "Brevity is the soul of wit." :) #journalchat
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow I make it a point to name my feeling with the list I create of what I experienced in the day; great awareness!#JournalChat
Show Conversation
vmusgrave3:20pm via TweetChat
RT @JournalChat: benefit of a shorter entry is the quickness of writing it; get to the bottom without the feeling of not enough#journalchat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@Bookmark_Terry Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Terry; Great to see you!
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
A benefit of a shorter entry is the quickness of writing it; get to the bottom line without the feeling of not enough time.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:18pm via HootSuite
A benefit of a shorter entry is the quickness of writing it; get to the bottom line without the feeling of not enough time.#JournalChat
CreateWriteNow3:18pm via TweetChat
Great point Dawn. Naming a feeling helps us keep control of our self. Keeps us in charge. #journalchat
Bookmark_Terry3:18pm via Twitter for Android
@JournalChat Hi Dawn and all. Just catching up by listening quietly. #journalchat
KathyPooler3:18pm via TweetDeck
@CreateWriteNow And I feel it is harder to capture the essence of an experience in shorter form iebook synopsis or 30-sec pitch #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: It's like meditation when you just focus on your breath. #journalchat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: I think it's just awakening to a new part of ourselves #journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Yes I suppose those shorter entries would just eliminate the interference of the inner critic, with its brevity#JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:15pm via TweetChat
I think it's just awakening to a new part of ourselves. It's like meditation when you just focus on your breath. #journalchat
KathyPooler3:14pm via TweetDeck
@CreateWriteNow this all reminds me of AA's slogans- one day at a time, etc that help those struggling w/ addiction.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: @CreateWriteNow I agree, when we can name a feeling or reaction it seems to have less power over us#journalchat
CreateWriteNow3:12pm via TweetChat
Yes Dawn. I feel that somehow it gets me into my heart and soul faster. Keeps me way ahead of the inner critics. :)
#journalchat
vmusgrave3:12pm via TweetChat
@CreateWriteNow curious to know how you get at emotional depth in short #journal posts? #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow I love that, Mari; choice words return us to our center; that's vitally important. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:11pm via TweetDeck
@CreateWriteNow I agree, when we can name a feeling or reaction it seems to have less power over us #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: Great point Kathy. choice words help us return to center: helps our mental health.
#journalchat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: perhaps a question and I found answers faster.
#journalchat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
RT @CreateWriteNow: I keep a journal in my office and just jot down thoughts and feelings, 
#journalchat
JournalChat3:10pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow so you find the shorter jottings to activate awareness more so, perhaps. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
CreateWriteNow3:10pm via TweetChat
Great point Kathy. choice words help us return to center: helps our mental health.
#journalchat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: @JournalChat In periods of emotional stress, sometimes hanging on to simple words helps center me.#journalchat
DawnHerring3:09pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: @JournalChat In periods of emotional stress, sometimes hanging on to simple words helps center me.#journalchat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler That's a really good point, Kathy. It does help to be brief when you're stressed. Just get to the bottom line.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
I think one of the main benefits of writing a shorter entry is creating a "nutshell" of what really mattered in your day.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:09pm via HootSuite
I think one of the main benefits of writing a shorter entry is creating a "nutshell" of what really mattered in your day.#JournalChat
CreateWriteNow3:09pm via TweetChat
I keep a journal in my office and just jot down thoughts and feelings, perhaps a question and I found answers faster.
#journalchat
KathyPooler3:08pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat In periods of emotional stress, sometimes hanging on to simple words helps center me.#journalchat
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
I definitely see the correlation with social media; it's what we're used to; but applying to personal journaling is interesting#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:07pm via HootSuite
I definitely see the correlation with social media; it's what we're used to; but applying to personal journaling is interesting#JournalChat
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow What gave you the idea to write this post, Mari? Why the shorter entries? #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:05pm via HootSuite
I think this topic of shorter entries is an interesting one from one who is used to writing longer detailed entries #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring3:05pm via HootSuite
I think this topic of shorter entries is an interesting one from one who is used to writing longer detailed entries #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: Keep It Brief! as we discuss the possibilities of shorter, meaningful journal entries.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
Our topic is Your #Journaling: Keep It Brief! as we discuss the possibilities of shorter, meaningful journal entries.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/l6S33 Our #Journaling resource is #Journal #Writing: Tweets for the Tweeps by Mari McCarthy @CreateWriteNow#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/l6S33 Our #Journaling resource is #Journal #Writing: Tweets for the Tweeps by Mari McCarthy @CreateWriteNow#JournalChat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/l6S19 Private 30 Minute Phone/Skype Refresh Sessions are Now Available! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/l6RXE Private 30 Minute Phone/Skype Refresh Sessions are Now Available! #JournalChat
KathyPooler3:01pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring @CreateWriteNow Hi Dawn & Mari! I can't believe I made it today! #journalchat
Show Conversation
vmusgrave3:01pm via TweetChat
Hello all! Looking forward to another chat about #journaling#journalchat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetchat.com to follow along and contribute to our discussion. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetchat.com to follow along and contribute to our discussion. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
@RefreshwithDawn is my alternate account when my @JournalChat tweets hit the limit. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
@RefreshwithDawn is my alternate account when my @JournalChat tweets hit the limit. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years; #Journaling is my passion! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years; #Journaling is my passion! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
@CreateWriteNow Welcome back to #JournalChat Live, Mari. Thanks so much for being our guest today!
Show Conversation
JournalChat2:59pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things#journaling.
DawnHerring2:59pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things#journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment