Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, March 14, 2013

#JournalChat Live 3/14/13 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: This Present Moment



JournalChat4:27pm via HootSuite
Enjoy #Journaling Your Present Moments and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:27pm via HootSuite
Enjoy #Journaling Your Present Moments and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
jillwinski4:27pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Many thanks for having me, Dawn. Have a lovely evening! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 3/21, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring4:26pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 3/21, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks to @jillwinski for joining us today and for her post, Feed Yourself Images, our#journaling resource. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:25pm via HootSuite
Special Thanks to @jillwinski for joining us today and for her post, Feed Yourself Images, our#journaling resource. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX42y Join me in my #Journaling exercise: Your Emotional Barometer; feedback is welcome!#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:25pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX400 Join me in my #Journaling exercise: Your Emotional Barometer; feedback is welcome!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3Zm For more info about me, your host, check out Dawn's Dimensions. #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3XH For more info about me, your host, check out Dawn's Dimensions. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3WA For more information about#JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things#Journaling
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3Uz For more information about#JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things#Journaling
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3SG #RefreshJournal is for a fresh perspective on those nourishing thoughts and present moment focus! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:23pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3PG #RefreshJournal is for a fresh perspective on those nourishing thoughts and present moment focus! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:22pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3NA Your Golden Key will often help you create that nourishing focus for your day.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:22pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3Ls Your Golden Key will often help you create that nourishing focus for your day.#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
Just thought I'd share that #JournalChat is trending on Twitter. Thanks to all of you who have particpated!
Retweeted by jillwinski
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
Just thought I'd share that #JournalChat is trending on Twitter. Thanks to all of you who have particpated!
1 retweets
DawnHerring4:21pm via HootSuite
Just thought I'd share that #JournalChat is trending on Twitter. Thanks to all of you who have particpated!
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX3dT A #Journaling #Prompt can often help us focus and be more Present in our days.#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/iX38Z A #Journaling #Prompt can often help us focus and be more Present in our days.#JournalChat
jillwinski4:18pm via TweetDeck
Yes! RT @JournalChat: @jillwinski That would create a shift in our thinking, to go from our head to our eyes and hearts. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski That would create a shift in our thinking, to go from our head to our eyes and hearts.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski4:17pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Absolutely, Dawn. Thanks so much for having me again! I really enjoyed it. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
RT @jillwinski: @JournalChat I always try to shift into "observer mode" when I'm feeling stressed! ;)#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:17pm via HootSuite
RT @jillwinski: @JournalChat I always try to shift into "observer mode" when I'm feeling stressed! ;)#JournalChat
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I want to thank you for taking the time to join us as our special guest today, Jill. It has been delightful. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
DawnHerring4:17pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I want to thank you for taking the time to join us as our special guest today, Jill. It has been delightful. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski4:17pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I always try to shift into "observer mode" when I'm feeling stressed! ;) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:16pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski Oooh, great word, Jill! Notice and observe. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
DawnHerring4:16pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski Oooh, great word, Jill! Notice and observe. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat4:16pm via HootSuite
RT @jillwinski: I'd say, just make an intention to notice. Be the observer in your life, of life. And see what shifts for you. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:16pm via HootSuite
RT @jillwinski: I'd say, just make an intention to notice. Be the observer in your life, of life. And see what shifts for you. #JournalChat
jillwinski4:15pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I'd say, just make an intention to notice. Be the observer in your life, of life. And see what shifts for you. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:13pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski Jill, do you have any final words on images and focusing on This Present Moment?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
DawnHerring4:13pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski Jill, do you have any final words on images and focusing on This Present Moment?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat4:12pm via HootSuite
RT @lifeofathinker: @JournalChat I see, thanks! // You're welcome, Liam. Always use the #JournalChathastag so we see you. :)
JournalChat4:11pm via HootSuite
If you keep a journal for characters in a story, that's a great way to get in their heads, understand them more deeply. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
@jennaharvie Do you write fiction? I assume so based on character's thoughts. I applaud your "habit" of #journaling#JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski4:10pm via TweetDeck
@jennaharvie I like that idea! Journaling as your characters. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:09pm via HootSuite
@lifeofathinker I would wholly agree with what Jill shared. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jennaharvie4:08pm via Web
I keep two journals, one for personal thoughts and one for characters thoughts. It's habit now to write a page a day in each. #journalchat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
@lifeofathinker #Journaling is a way of tuning in to be more clear on a subject; a diary is more matter of fact. Like a log. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski4:07pm via TweetDeck
True! RT @JournalChat: @jillwinski That's why images can have such an impact. Are we drawn to it or pull back from it? #JournalChat
jillwinski4:07pm via TweetDeck
@lifeofathinker I guess I think of journaling as a deeper, more reflective process than keeping a diary.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski That's why images can have such an impact. Are we drawn to it or pull back from it?#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
@lifeofathinker Good question! Diaries are often more recording day's itinerary; Journals are more reflective. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
lifeofathinker4:03pm via Twitter for iPad
#JournalChat @JournalChat What's the difference between a journal and a diary?
jillwinski4:03pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat So true, Dawn. We're really seeing so much of ourselves in each image. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
I especially love the subconscious meaning of image in my art journal; I can often derive nourishment from my finds #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring4:03pm via HootSuite
I especially love the subconscious meaning of image in my art journal; I can often derive nourishment from my finds #JournalChat#Journaling
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski Images can often have multi-dimensional meaning; that's why art can be so eye-opening.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat4:01pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew It just shows the layers of our lives in the process and it all matters. I'm glad it has been a great experience. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski4:00pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Thanks, Dawn! I think it's a great practice to get into. #JournalChat
dredrelew4:00pm via Web
@JournalChat YES! Dawn, I have been becoming acutely aware of this lately and it amazes me.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I love your encouragement for folks to record images they see during their day; that invokes a beneficial focus. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:59pm via TweetDeck
@KathyPooler Great to connect with you, Kathy!#JournalChat
dredrelew3:59pm via Web
@KathyPooler @madeline40 @JournalChat Thanks for the encouragement Kathy! This #memoir will be a happier one ;-) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:58pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 @JournalChat I have to leave now, too. Thanks everyone for a great #journalchat Have a great week!
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Thanks so much for joining us today, Madeline. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:58pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 So glad you were here! Loved your insights. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler There you go, Kathy! What a great idea. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:57pm via Web
@JournalChat It's time for me to leave this great chat. Thanks, everyone for your valuable insights.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew I bring my phones (for business) and some paper to record messages on my walk. No journal though. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:57pm via TweetDeck
RT @DawnHerringThe moments that uplift us can show us what really matters& why; this can reveal who we really are at our core. #JournalChat
jillwinski3:55pm via TweetDeck
Good idea! RT @KathyPooler: @dredrelew@jillwinski That's why I got a digital voice recorder and keep it handy #journalchat
Retweeted by madeline40
KathyPooler3:56pm via TweetDeck
@dredrelew @madeline40 @JournalChat Good for you, Andrea. I loved Dramaville & look forward to its sequel! #journalchat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:55pm via TweetDeck
Good idea! RT @KathyPooler: @dredrelew@jillwinski That's why I got a digital voice recorder and keep it handy #journalchat
1 retweets
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
The moments that uplift us can show us what really matters and why; this can reveal who we really are at our core. #JournalChat #Journaling
1 retweets
DawnHerring3:55pm via HootSuite
The moments that uplift us can show us what really matters and why; this can reveal who we really are at our core. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
When we deliberately choose to tune in to those nourishing moments in our journal, we tune into our authenticity as well. #JournalChat
5 retweets
DawnHerring3:55pm via HootSuite
When we deliberately choose to tune in to those nourishing moments in our journal, we tune into our authenticity as well. #JournalChat
1 retweets
KathyPooler3:54pm via TweetDeck
@dredrelew @jillwinski That's why I got a digital voice recorder and keep it handy #journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:54pm via Web
@KathyPooler @madeline40 @JournalChat same here Kathy! I'm also working on a sequel#JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:54pm via Web
@KathyPooler @JournalChat @dredrelew I love that Kathy. I look forward to both your memoirs.#journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:53pm via Web
@jillwinski I always intend to bring my little notebook, but forget.. ;-) then I remember on the walk LOL#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:52pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew That's really what it is, Andrea. Especially when we're quiet. The stillness can be restorative. #JournalChat
Show Conversation

jillwinski3:52pm via TweetDeck
Oh, good! RT @JournalChat: @jillwinski I actually have a full sized journal in my handbag. Yes, it's weighty. ;) But Handy. #JournalChat
KathyPooler3:52pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 @JournalChat @dredrelew When I reread my past journals, I discovered the framework for my next memoir, a sequel #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:52pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I actually have a full sized journal in my handbag. Yes, it's weighty. ;) But Handy.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:51pm via TweetDeck
I do too! RT @dredrelew: @jillwinski @JournalChat I refer to my walks in nature as a walking meditation#JournalChat
madeline403:51pm via Web
@KathyPooler @JournalChat @dredrelew Yes, me too. I get so many of my blog posts from my journals -- the basis of my memoir. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:51pm via HootSuite
RT @jillwinski: Yes, I often find I've written almost an entire blog post in my journal, which started out as a journal entry. #JournalChat
dredrelew3:51pm via Web
@jillwinski @JournalChat I refer to my walks in nature as a walking meditation #JournalChat
Show Conversation
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
RT @jillwinski: Yes, I often find I've written almost an entire blog post in my journal, which started out as a journal entry. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:50pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I get many frameworks/structure for blog posts and Refresh Journal leads in my journal. It's awesome. #JournalChat #Journaling
Show Conversation
DawnHerring3:50pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I get many frameworks/structure for blog posts and Refresh Journal leads in my journal. It's awesome. #JournalChat #Journaling
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:50pm via TweetDeck
@dredrelew I keep a little notebook in my purse so I can always jot stuff down. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:49pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew I guess a smaller sized journal would come in handy. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
RWAChickLit3:49pm via TweetDeck
RT @ChickLitChatHQ: Tonight on #ChickLitChat- Journaling for writers- why/when/how w/guest @DawnHerring from #JournalChat 8 pm EST
KathyPooler3:49pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 @JournalChat @dredrelew LOL, we really are working when we stare out the window or take a silent walk! #journalchat
2 retweetsShow Conversation
jillwinski3:48pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes, I often find I've written almost an entire blog post in my journal, which started out as a journal entry. #JournalChat
dredrelew3:48pm via Web
@madeline40 @JournalChat yes same here, but since I'm unplugged I usually don't have anything to jot my musings down #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:48pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: @jillwinski Not only do I record the results, I record the to- do lists.#journaling keeps me focused. #journalchat
DawnHerring3:48pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: @jillwinski Not only do I record the results, I record the to- do lists.#journaling keeps me focused. #journalchat
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I sometimes do that too! Get ideas for blog posts sometimes! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:47pm via TweetDeck
@KathyPooler @JournalChat I so agree, it's really vital to unplug and replenish! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:47pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 ;) Love that, Madline. The soda pop comment made me laugh. :D #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:47pm via Web
@JournalChat @jillwinski Not only do I record the results, I record the to- do lists.#journaling keeps me focused. #journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:47pm via Web
@KathyPooler @JournalChat ditto! I'm usually running to my journal to write something down or a synchronicity happens #JournalChat I
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:46pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I think that Unplugged word is so vital; I love being offline so I can engage fully in refreshment. #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:46pm via Web
@JournalChat @dredrelew I do a lot of writing while I'm walking - in my head. #journalchat
Retweeted by jillwinski
jillwinski3:46pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I reflect as I walk, too -- it has a very different quality than obsessive thinking!#JournalChat
madeline403:46pm via Web
@JournalChat @dredrelew I do a lot of writing while I'm walking - in my head. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat3:45pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski That was well said, Jill! It works both ways, doesn't it? #Journaling is the place to record the results! :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:44pm via Web
@jillwinski @JournalChat Yes, you're right. It is so refreshing and there's no soda pop involved.#journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:44pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew I do reflect as I walk; sometimes I figure stuff out. But that mocking bird Always get my attention! <3 #JournalChat
Show Conversation
KathyPooler3:44pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I get my best thinking done when I go for a walk in the woods or even do a Zumba class b/c I'm unplugged #journalchat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:44pm via TweetDeck
@dredrelew @JournalChat Relaxing takes us into the present moment, and the present moment takes us into relaxation. :) #JournalChat
1 retweets
JournalChat3:43pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Sounds like what I call authentic refreshment, Madeline. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:42pm via Web
@jillwinski @JournalChat my mind wanders and it's usually near the end of the walk when I'm relaxed I pay attention #JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:42pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski That is a true example of being in the moment instead of being lost in thought.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
madeline403:42pm via Web
@jillwinski @JournalChat I love to walk to our beach. It is so relaxing. My cell phone camera goes with me.#journalchat
Show Conversation
madeline403:41pm via Web
@jillwinski @JournalChat I love to walk to our beach. It is the most relaxing time. My cell phone camera goes with me. #journalchat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
JournalChat3:41pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski Isn't it amazing how what we share can have such an impact, Jill? I love it when that happens. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:40pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 I love that you use writing as a healing process, Madeline. I do too. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:40pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 We live, we learn and then we share. And we journal all of that in between! #JournalChat
Show Conversation
jillwinski3:40pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat It's amazing how much is there when we take a walk, if we really look! #JournalChat
KathyPooler3:40pm via TweetDeck
@madeline40 @JournalChat Your mission to help others is so valuable, Madeline. I'm happy it helps you too :-) #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
@dredrelew So it had the same effect on you too; I wasn't the only one delighted. :) #JournalChat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:39pm via Web
@KathyPooler @JournalChat @madeline40 well said Kathy! Living my best life is essential to me#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
@jillwinski I love my daily walk to the park; I describe what I see on Facebook and in my journal. Especially mocking birds. :) #JournalChat
1 retweetsShow Conversation
jillwinski3:38pm via TweetDeck
I'm so glad! RT @dredrelew: @JournalChat@jillwinski yes Dawn, I felt drawn into the blog post, as if I was there beside Jill #JournalChat
madeline403:38pm via Web
@JournalChat For me it's an ongoing process. I speak and write about it a lot. #journalchat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler Oooh, I love that, Kathy! Indeed! That's part of the benefit of having that #Journaling focus.#JournalChat
Show Conversation
DawnHerring3:35pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40: @JournalChat It's all part of my use of and being an advocate of writing to heal.#journalchat
Retweeted by jillwinski
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: Nourishing b/c we get to focus on our own longings& needs so we can go out & live our best life #journalchat
DawnHerring3:37pm via HootSuite
RT @KathyPooler: Nourishing b/c we get to focus on our own longings& needs so we can go out & live our best life #journalchat
1 retweets
madeline403:37pm via Web
@dredrelew @JournalChat @jillwinski I start my day by working out. That gets me off to a good start. Then I get to writing. #journalchat
Show Conversation
dredrelew3:37pm via Web
@JournalChat @jillwinski yes Dawn, I felt drawn into the blog post, as if I was there beside Jill#JournalChat
Show Conversation
JournalChat3:37pm via HootSuite
@KathyPooler I loved that, too, Kathy. Reminiscing on something that nourished you or made you happy is very relevant. #JournalChat
Show Conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment