Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, November 29, 2012

#JournalChat Live 11/29/12 Part I Topic: Your Journaling: Your Best Day (what you love about yourself)



OutOTWhirlwind3:39pm via web
#JournalChat Documenting our FUN develops 'these are a few of my favorite things'.
JournalChat3:39pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon #Journaling is the perfect centering exercise, isn't it? :) #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:39pm via TweetDeck
@DarrelynSaloom So true. LOL I'll have to remember that! #journalchat
SuzieCheel3:39pm via TweetChat
I am planning to use Morning pages as a way to het my book written in December @karenlalaniz: @juliejordanscot #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:39pm via TweetDeck
@DarrelynSaloom Don't leave any empty then Doodle in them or paste a picture or copy down a poem or music lyrics; whatever fits #journalchat
JournalChat3:38pm via HootSuite
@juliejordanscot We do often discover what's important as we write, Julie. That's a beauty of#Journaling#JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:38pm via TweetDeck
#journalchat Does anybody use other modes in their journal writing, like drawing, doodling, color etc?
OutOTWhirlwind3:38pm via web
#JournalChat It's great to remember what was FUN in your day!
leahmichon3:38pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz @juliejordanscot I love morning pages - but I don't do them daily, maybe 2x a week.#journalchat
DarrelynSaloom3:37pm via TweetChat
The only thing I ever regreted about journaling were found on the empty pages. #journalchat
karenlalaniz3:36pm via TweetDeck
@juliejordanscot Maybe I'll do that too. I'll join you! God knows I hv plenty of half started journals!#journalchat
JournalChat3:36pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel Glad to hear it, Suzie. You're welcome to share how it goes! :) #JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:36pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat They always do for me, especially if I've had significant dreams #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:36pm via TweetDeck
RT @juliejordanscot: @JournalChat When I journal about flowing days, every words becomes a celebration. :~) #journalchat
JournalChat3:36pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz You may find as you write today that significant parts of previous days show up anyway.#JournalChat
leahmichon3:35pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes - between kids, work, and everything, I get scattered! #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:35pm via TweetChat
@SuzieCheel I would love to see your heart whisper paintings! I often incorporate journaling with other forms of creativity. #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:35pm via TweetDeck
@juliejordanscot Exactly - kind of just pops into my head when I wonder what happened between last entry and now #journalchat
JournalChat3:35pm via HootSuite
@juliejordanscot I LOVE that, Julie. Our #Journalingis the perfect place and way to celebrate; lots of pats on the back. :) #JournalChat
juliejordanscot3:34pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre Half the time I don't know what is really "important" until I actually let my pencil lead my writing. LOL~! #journalchat
SuzieCheel3:34pm via TweetChat
Thanks Julie I created a series of heart whisper paintings as part of my healing process & put words to them @juliejordanscot #journalchat
karenlalaniz3:34pm via TweetDeck
I like that @juliejordanscot #journalchat. Bookends! That's perfect. I spend 6-9 hours a day writing books, so I need bookends.
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
RT @juliejordanscot: @JournalChat When I journal about flowing days, every words becomes a celebration. :~) #journalchat
DawnHerring3:34pm via HootSuite
RT @juliejordanscot: @JournalChat When I journal about flowing days, every words becomes a celebration. :~) #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:34pm via TweetDeck
@juliejordanscot Ah! I did that for the Artist Within. Valuable exercise. #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:34pm via TweetChat
@karenlalaniz I have just recommitted to writing morning pages (journaling) daily throughout December. If I miss, no worries. #journalchat
JournalChat3:34pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz A Journal is the perfect place to be imperfect. :) There's no wrong way to do it.#JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:33pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz I fold in whatever 'important' things I want to include in the current entry. #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:33pm via TweetChat
@SuzieCheel What a cool way to bookend your day with journaling! Woot Woot! #journalchat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
RT @robynmcintyre:Don't think there is 'better' in journaling - just process, changing and evolving to meet your need #journalchat
DawnHerring3:33pm via HootSuite
RT @robynmcintyre:Don't think there is 'better' in journaling - just process, changing and evolving to meet your need #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:33pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre @karenlalanizI have just recommitted to writing morning pages (journaling) daily throughout December. #journalchat
JournalChat3:33pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Start where you are, Karen! With that BEST moment, perhaps? Then you'll have motivation too. #JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:32pm via TweetDeck
@DarrelynSaloom Oh! Cool. I'm so bad at recognizing people out of context. #journalchat
SuzieCheel3:32pm via TweetChat
that is good- I am going to add a best to the day to my journal at the end of the day @DawnHerring#journalchat
juliejordanscot3:32pm via TweetChat
@karenlalaniz Journaling stream of consciousness style may help you get that perfectionist voice out of the way. :~) #journalchat
JournalChat3:32pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon I like that approach, Leah. Sounds like it relaxes you. #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:32pm via TweetDeck
Diary=if I miss a few days, I can't write the current one until I catch up. Bad, I know. LOL #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:31pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz I wrote in my journal last night and was surprised I had not been there in a month!#journalchat
juliejordanscot3:31pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat When I journal about flowing days, every words becomes a celebration. :~) #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:31pm via TweetChat
@karenlalaniz I fall off the wagon regularly. It helps to have a set time to do your writing, at least for me.#journalchat
JournalChat3:31pm via HootSuite
Once you begin to unveil the BEST of a day, it can really help you see what about YOU went right in the experience. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:31pm via HootSuite
Once you begin to unveil the BEST of a day, it can really help you see what about YOU went right in the experience. #JournalChat #Journaling
karenlalaniz3:31pm via TweetDeck
I feel like I'm too perfectionistic sometimes. That's why I don't keep a diary. #journalchat
JournalChat3:30pm via HootSuite
So, how can you tell when you've had a day where everything just flowed? You might not realize it til you journal it! #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:30pm via HootSuite
So, how can you tell when you've had a day where everything just flowed? You might not realize it til you journal it! #JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:30pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz Don't think there is 'better' in journaling - just process, changing and evolving to meet your need #journalchat
karenlalaniz3:29pm via TweetDeck
I can tell you guys are better journalers than I. Suggestions for an on-again, off-again journaler?#journalchat
juliejordanscot3:29pm via web
@SuzieCheel @robynmcintyre "heart whispers" is a lovely way to describe stream of consciousness (what I call SOC sometimes). #journalchat
leahmichon3:29pm via TweetDeck
@robynmcintyre On hectic days, I just make a bullet list of things to remember so I can relax. #journalchat
JournalChat3:29pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Pretty much, Karen. No matter what it is. Nothing is too silly or mundane to include.#JournalChat
DarrelynSaloom3:28pm via TweetChat
MT @karenlalaniz: Honesty can feel so wrong. Writing my memoir, I had to write down flaws. Hard to expose yourself like that. #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:28pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat Yes; though I often use mine to identify feelings and examine the truth behind them#journalchat
JournalChat3:28pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Yes, they see your imperfections and know we all have them. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre I use a mix myself, Robyn. That's the beauty of #Journaling. You can customize it and change it anytime. #JournalChat
SuzieCheel3:27pm via TweetChat
Stream of consciousness is UR heart's whispers, UR subconscious letting you reveal URtrue self @juliejordanscot @robynmcintyre #journalchat
robynmcintyre3:27pm via TweetDeck
@leahmichon I've never done a list that I can recall.#journalchat
JournalChat3:27pm via HootSuite
@robynmcintyre Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Robyn; good to see you! :)
karenlalaniz3:26pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring It just felt right, like breathing.#journalchat
JournalChat3:26pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz I love trying out new things, especially when it resonates in my journal. #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:25pm via TweetDeck
What does that mean? Writing what pops into your head? #journalchat
JournalChat3:25pm via HootSuite
Lynn asks: "Remember a day when everything flowed, how did that feel?" #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:25pm via HootSuite
Lynn asks: "Remember a day when everything flowed, how did that feel?" #JournalChat #Journaling
juliejordanscot3:24pm via TweetChat
@robynmcintyre Stream of consciousness is so valuable. Sometimes I think of it as "directed" stream of consciousness.... #journalchat
karenlalaniz3:24pm via TweetDeck
And if journaling does lead to a memoir; parts that make you cringe when you write them, at the parts readers will relate to. #journalchat
JournalChat3:24pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Our flaws just show us we're human.#JournalChat
leahmichon3:24pm via TweetDeck
@robynmcintyre I do mostly stream of consciousness or lists, depending on my mood.#journalchat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@juliejordanscot A-has are often some of the BEST high points to our #Journaling, aren't they?#JournalChat
robynmcintyre3:23pm via TweetDeck
@juliejordanscot I like that you have a specific focus for your entries. I've been pretty stream-of-consciousness #journalchat
JournalChat3:23pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon It's good to keep a balance. Write whatever you want to! :) #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:22pm via TweetDeck
Yeah, mine started out as a journal, transcribing letters my father gave me, and turned into a memoir. Wasn't planned that way. #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:22pm via TweetChat
@leahmichon I tend to end my journaling for the day with a gratitude focus. It helps to bring me back to center. #journalchat
JournalChat3:22pm via HootSuite
RT @DarrelynSaloom: I'm all for the positive, but there is always a flip side that needs to be exposed.#journalchat
DawnHerring3:22pm via HootSuite
RT @DarrelynSaloom: I'm all for the positive, but there is always a flip side that needs to be exposed.#journalchat
karenlalaniz3:22pm via TweetDeck
I've never made that a practice. But I'm going to do it this week - a trial run. LOL #journalchat
leahmichon3:22pm via TweetDeck
@karenlalaniz That's probably why I have a journal & not a memoir #journalchat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
@DarrelynSaloom Oh, I agree, Darrelyn. Those journal entries truly reflect both sides when we make room. #JournalChat
juliejordanscot3:21pm via TweetChat
@karenlalaniz Absolutely. When we write what is true, it can be so raw, frightening &yet feel so good when we integrate... #journalchat
JournalChat3:21pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel We can create change with that positive end to our day; helps us focus on transforming the negative. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:21pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel We can create change with that positive end to our day; helps us focus on transforming the negative. #JournalChat
juliejordanscot3:20pm via TweetChat
@SuzieCheel @DarrelynSaloom If we stay on either "side" too much, we lose balance. It may be the shadow that STOPS journaling #journalchat
JournalChat3:20pm via HootSuite
@juliejordanscot Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Julie; good to see you!
karenlalaniz3:20pm via TweetDeck
Honesty can feel so wrong. Writing my memoir, I had to admit and write down the flaws...so hard to expose yourself like that. #journalchat
juliejordanscot3:20pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat @DarrelynSaloom Those shadow pieces are challenging little buggers, aren't they? I love my journaling a-ha's. #journalchat
JournalChat3:19pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Oh, yes. Relating and resonating with another is a fab high point to your best day.#JournalChat
SuzieCheel3:19pm via TweetChat
Yes we need to acknowledge the flip side & allow those feelings to flow onto paper @DarrelynSaloom#journalchat
leahmichon3:18pm via TweetDeck
Some days you need to dig deep, other days focus on happy things. #journalchat
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz That sounds like a fabulous BEST part of your day! #JournalChat
JournalChat3:18pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz I'm glad you're already thinking about it, Karen. Now you have something to look forward to! :) #JournalChat
DarrelynSaloom3:18pm via TweetChat
I'm all for the positive, but there is always a flip side that needs to be exposed. What better place than in your journal? #journalchat
SuzieCheel3:18pm via TweetChat
We need to trust our #heartwhispers too When we listen with our heart we create change @JournalChat#journalchat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
RT @DarrelynSaloom: I think it's also beneficial to dig a bit deeper to expose the shadow parts of self when journaling. #journalchat
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
RT @DarrelynSaloom: I think it's also beneficial to dig a bit deeper to expose the shadow parts of self when journaling. #journalchat
JournalChat3:17pm via HootSuite
@DarrelynSaloom Yes, I would agree, Darrelyn; we can actually use those positives to give us clarity on the negatives. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:17pm via HootSuite
@DarrelynSaloom Yes, I would agree, Darrelyn; we can actually use those positives to give us clarity on the negatives. #JournalChat
juliejordanscot3:17pm via web
@JournalChat WOW! I just remembered! I am here for #JournalChat! Hooray!!
SuzieCheel3:17pm via TweetChat
Dawn great to be here@JournalChat #journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
@DarrelynSaloom Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Darrelyn; fab to see you!
karenlalaniz3:16pm via TweetDeck
I find that a lot of days, finding someone who I can relate to is a high point; a blogger, someone on a forum, Twitter etc. #journalchat
JournalChat3:16pm via HootSuite
Suzie mentioned heart whispers: The Best of our day can get even louder with that positive #Journalingfocus. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:16pm via HootSuite
Suzie mentioned heart whispers: The Best of our day can get even louder with that positive #Journalingfocus. :) #JournalChat
inkscrblr3:16pm via Twitter for iPhone
RT @DawnHerring: I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, or tweetchat.com to follow along; please use #JournalChat as your hashtag.
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@SuzieCheel Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Suzie! Great to see you! :)
SuzieCheel3:15pm via TweetChat
True write a list of all the things you love about you @DawnHerring #journalchat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
RT @SuzieCheel: Journaling is a way we can listen to our heart whispers and then capture them on paper- I sometimes paint them #journalchat
DawnHerring3:15pm via HootSuite
RT @SuzieCheel: Journaling is a way we can listen to our heart whispers and then capture them on paper- I sometimes paint them #journalchat
JournalChat3:15pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Exactly, Karen. We can all use a regular positive focus in our #Journaling.#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:15pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Exactly, Karen. We can all use a regular positive focus in our #Journaling.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
RT @karenlalaniz: @DawnHerring Yes it does. A good way to assess, but with a positive focus.#journalchat
DawnHerring3:14pm via HootSuite
RT @karenlalaniz: @DawnHerring Yes it does. A good way to assess, but with a positive focus.#journalchat
JournalChat3:14pm via HootSuite
We're not looking for perfection; just the good stuff, the stuff that makes you smile or laugh or just feel confident. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:14pm via HootSuite
We're not looking for perfection; just the good stuff, the stuff that makes you smile or laugh or just feel confident. #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:13pm via TweetDeck
I was interviewed by Bill Thompson for Eye On Books this morning. I've done a lot of interviews. But this one was fabulous! #journalchat
JournalChat3:13pm via HootSuite
You may not realize how when you focus on a "High" or "Best" part of your day, you see solutions to problems too. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:13pm via HootSuite
You may not realize how when you focus on a "High" or "Best" part of your day, you see solutions to problems too. #JournalChat #Journaling
karenlalaniz3:13pm via TweetDeck
Well, I've got a really great one today. I know the day isn't done, but it'll be hard to beat. #journalchat
DarrelynSaloom3:12pm via TweetChat
I think it's also beneficial to dig a bit deeper to expose the shadow parts of self when journaling.#journalchat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon Oh yes, It's something you can look forward to with glee. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:12pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon Oh yes, It's something you can look forward to with glee. :) #JournalChat
SuzieCheel3:12pm via TweetChat
Hi Dawn Journaling is a way we can listen to our heart whispers and then capture them on paper- I sometimes paint them #journalchat
JournalChat3:12pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz What do you mean, Karen? What were you thinking? #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:11pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring Yes it does. A good way to assess, but with a positive focus. #journalchat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
We all have highs and lows to every day; it's common to focus on the lows, the problems that needs solutions. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:11pm via HootSuite
We all have highs and lows to every day; it's common to focus on the lows, the problems that needs solutions. #JournalChat #Journaling
leahmichon3:11pm via TweetDeck
@DawnHerring @karenlalaniz sounds like a good quick prompt to do at the end of a day #journalchat
JournalChat3:11pm via HootSuite
I'll give a best part example: Finishing a project; getting a compliment; finding a more fun way to do something, etc. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:11pm via HootSuite
I'll give a best part example: Finishing a project; getting a compliment; finding a more fun way to do something, etc. #JournalChat
karenlalaniz3:10pm via TweetDeck
Ah, I was making it more complicated. Geesh!#journalchat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz The best part is something you are really pleased about when you look back on your daily experience. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:09pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz The best part is something you are really pleased about when you look back on your daily experience. #JournalChat #Journaling
leahmichon3:09pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat I'll be here as long as nap time lasts ;) #journalchat
JournalChat3:09pm via HootSuite
@karenlalaniz Welcome to #JournalChat Live, Karen. It's good to see you. :)
karenlalaniz3:08pm via TweetDeck
#journalchat What do you mean by that? Best part of your day?
JournalChat3:08pm via HootSuite
One very fun and validating way we can use our journal as a mirror is by focusing on the BEST of your day. #Journaling #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:08pm via HootSuite
One very fun and validating way we can use our journal as a mirror is by focusing on the BEST of your day. #Journaling #JournalChat
JournalChat3:07pm via HootSuite
@leahmichon Great to see you, Leah! Welcome back to #JournalChat Live however long you can participate. :)
karenlalaniz3:06pm via TweetDeck
#journalchat Hi, everyone! I'll be chatting between other tasks.
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
Our journals are essentially one of the mirrors we can use to build that appreciative foundation toward ourselves. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring3:06pm via HootSuite
Our journals are essentially one of the mirrors we can use to build that appreciative foundation toward ourselves. #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat3:06pm via HootSuite
Lynn also shares: "Looking into the mirror and seeing your true self without judgment gives you a foundation to grow from." #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:06pm via HootSuite
Lynn also shares: "Looking into the mirror and seeing your true self without judgment gives you a foundation to grow from." #JournalChat
leahmichon3:05pm via TweetDeck
@JournalChat stopping by #journalchat, hope I can participate a little bit today.
JournalChat3:04pm via HootSuite
Lynn starts with a fab statement: "Identifying your best qualities is the first step in increasing your self-esteem..." #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:04pm via HootSuite
Lynn starts with a fab statement: "Identifying your best qualities is the first step in increasing your self-esteem..." #JournalChat
JournalChat3:03pm via HootSuite
I'm excited about our topic today since it is very validating, appreciating and nurturing of ourselves with our #Journaling#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:03pm via HootSuite
I'm excited about our topic today since it is very validating, appreciating and nurturing of ourselves with our #Journaling#JournalChat
JournalChat3:02pm via HootSuite
Our topic today is Your #Journaling: Your Best Day (what you love about yourself!) #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:02pm via HootSuite
Our topic today is Your #Journaling: Your Best Day (what you love about yourself!) #JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
Today's #Journaling resource is Finding the Real You by Lynn Zambrano ow.ly/fH2Lg #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
Today's #Journaling resource is Finding the Real You by Lynn Zambrano ow.ly/fH2Kp #JournalChat
JournalChat3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, or tweetchat.comto follow along; please use #JournalChat as your hashtag.
DawnHerring3:01pm via HootSuite
I recommend tweetdeck, hootsuite, or tweetchat.comto follow along; please use #JournalChat as your hashtag.
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
If you follow @DawnHerring and @JournalChat, there will be some double postings. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
If you follow @DawnHerring and @JournalChat, there will be some double postings. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years; #Journaling is my passion!#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
I am Dawn Herring, your host and avid journal keeper of 28 years; #Journaling is my passion!#JournalChat
JournalChat3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #journaling.
DawnHerring3:00pm via HootSuite
Welcome to this edition of #JournalChat Live for all things #journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment