Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring!

Welcome to Refresh with Dawn Herring blog. I'm so glad you stopped by to peruse the transcripts from #JournalChat Live and Links Edition.


You're also welcome to join our #JournalChat Live Facebook Group where we share quality journal keeping content for your journaling practice!


Have a fab day and don't forget to refresh yourself!


Be refreshed,

Dawn Herring

Refresh with Dawn Herrng

Host of #JournalChat Live on social media

Thursday, September 6, 2012

#JournalChat Live 9/6/12 Part II Topic: Your Journaling: It's All in the Details!



JournalChat4:45pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling in detail for #memoir, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:45pm via HootSuite
Enjoy your #Journaling in detail for #memoir, and don't forget to refresh yourself! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:44pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 9/13, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
DawnHerring4:44pm via HootSuite
That wraps up this edition of #JournalChat Live; join us next week, 9/13, 5 EST/2 PST; #Journaling topic to be announced.
JournalChat4:43pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHD4 Special Thanks to Kat Collins for her post: #Journal #Writing and #Memoir:Using Your Journals for Research #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:43pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHz0 Special Thanks to Kat Collins for her post: #Journal #Writing and #Memoir:Using Your Journals for Research #JournalChat
JournalChat4:42pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHy3 Subscribe for transcripts of#JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things#Journaling
DawnHerring4:42pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHwA Subscribe for transcripts of#JournalChat Live and Links Edition for all things#Journaling
JournalChat4:41pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHvg When we listen carefully to our lives, it can make for rich #Journaling fodder turned#memoir#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:41pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHth When we listen carefully to our lives, it can make for rich #Journaling fodder turned#memoir#JournalChat
JournalChat4:40pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat Anytime! It was a pleasure! Stop on by my blog, kat-collins.com to say hello. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:40pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat Anytime! It was a pleasure! Stop on by my blog, kat-collins.com to say hello. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:39pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba It's my pleasure, Elizabeth; thanks for joining us today. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:39pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHnr A topic from #RefreshJournal may be just the thing to detail in your journal! #JournalChat#Journaling
DawnHerring4:39pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHkK A topic from #RefreshJournal may be just the thing to detail in your journal!#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:38pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHjD A #Journaling #prompt might be what you are looking for to detail your life experience in your journal. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:38pm via HootSuite
ow.ly/dwHgG A #Journaling #prompt might be what you are looking for to detail your life experience in your journal. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:37pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Anytime! It was a pleasure! Stop on by my blog, kat-collins.com to say hello.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:37pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc It has been my pleasure, Kat, to have you as my guest. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:37pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc It has been my pleasure, Kat, to have you as my guest. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:36pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc It has been fabulous to have you with us today on #JournalChat Live, Kat. Thanks for taking the time to join us!
katcollinskc4:36pm via TweetChat
@queen_elisheba Ditto! It was a joy and a pleasure chatting with all of you. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:35pm via TweetCaster for Android
Happy I was able to this chat eith you @katcollinskcand thank you @JournalChat for hosting!#JournalChat
JournalChat4:35pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: It is by listening to what your story wants to tell you, that you are doing the real work of writing memoir. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:35pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: It is by listening to what your story wants to tell you, that you are doing the real work of writing memoir. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:35pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Thank you so much for the honor of being the guest! It means a lot to me. Keep journaling and keep writing! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:34pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: Discovering the heart of your story isn’t an easy process. It takes guts, determination, and desire. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:34pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: Discovering the heart of your story isn’t an easy process. It takes guts, determination, and desire. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:34pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat It is by listening to what your story wants to tell you, that you are doing the real work of writing memoir. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:33pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Discovering the heart of your story isn’t an easy process. It takes guts, determination, and desire. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:32pm via HootSuite
Kat, do you have any final words you'd like to share concerning using our journal for #memoir?#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:32pm via HootSuite
Kat, do you have any final words you'd like to share concerning using our journal for #memoir?#JournalChat #Journaling
katcollinskc4:32pm via TweetChat
RT @JournalChat: Make our journal entries count when we focus on what we learn from the past & what we can share in the future #JournalChat
JournalChat4:31pm via HootSuite
Making our journal entries count when we focus on what we learn from the past and what we can share in the future! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:31pm via HootSuite
Making our journal entries count when we focus on what we learn from the past and what we can share in the future! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:31pm via TweetCaster for Android
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat Past journals can help bring clarity to your memories. Invaluable to writing a memoir! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:30pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc Young emotions do change from day to day. Funny how #Journaling can reveal those changes. ;) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:29pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba It's never too early to start; I always encourage young people to keep a journal. Will show my grandboy! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:29pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba It's never too early to start; I always encourage young people to keep a journal. Will show my grandboy! #JournalChat
easyjournaling4:29pm via Twitter for iPhone
@JournalChat Amen. Learn from mistakes and make your entries even better. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:28pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc You know, it amazes me how much hubby remembers dates and events; but I write the details. :) #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:27pm via TweetChat
@queen_elisheba @JournalChat I laugh because it's "I love so and so." Next day, "I hate so and so."#JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:27pm via TweetCaster for Android
RT @JournalChat: @katcollinskc I started at 19 when I met my husband. I haven't stopped since. :)#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:27pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba I've posted that idea on#JournalChat Links Edition before. I love the idea of a shared parent/child journal.
katcollinskc4:27pm via TweetChat
@queen_elisheba I've seen that before and love it! It forges such a bond between mom and child.#JournalChat
katcollinskc4:26pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Past journals can help bring clarity to your memories. Invaluable to writing a memoir!#JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:26pm via TweetCaster for Android
@katcollinskc me too! It's embarrasing to say the least. I read when I need a dose of humility.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:26pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I'll bet! What a young mind deems important can be humorous later on. But it's important at the time! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:25pm via TweetCaster for Android
@katcollinskc I saw a journal btwn child n mom. Taking turns. Ant their day, feelings, etc., so I just added pix we shot to it. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:25pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I understand that, since what we felt in the past might be a bit foggy now; past journal entries can help uncover #JournalChat
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat Without my journals to pull from for my memoir, there would be a lack of depth and emotion. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat Without my journals to pull from for my memoir, there would be a lack of depth and emotion. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:24pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @queen_elisheba It's a treasure when they're older to look back at their younger selves. Incredible memories. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:24pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @queen_elisheba It's a treasure when they're older to look back at their younger selves. Incredible memories. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:24pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat That's awesome! I started when I was around 7 or 8 years old. It's hilarious to read entries from then. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:23pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Oh, I love that, Elizabeth. Scrapbooks, at such a young age. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:23pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Without my journals to pull from for my memoir, there would be a lack of depth and emotion. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:22pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I started at 19 when I met my husband. I haven't stopped since. :) #JournalChat#Journaling
katcollinskc4:22pm via TweetChat
@queen_elisheba It's a treasure when they're older to look back at their younger selves. Incredible memories. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:22pm via TweetChat
@queen_elisheba I love that your children are journaling already! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc That's what really makes a memoir; discovering the truth of our story. #Journaling can help us do that. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:21pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc That's what really makes a memoir; discovering the truth of our story. #Journaling can help us do that. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: – truths that lie beneath the surface of your writing and reveal the heart of your story #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:21pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: – truths that lie beneath the surface of your writing and reveal the heart of your story #JournalChat
JournalChat4:21pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: You’ll need to uncover the truths hidden within your original, unpolished entries#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:21pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: You’ll need to uncover the truths hidden within your original, unpolished entries#JournalChat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: In your journals are diamonds, just waiting for you to discover them and turn them into memoirs. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: In your journals are diamonds, just waiting for you to discover them and turn them into memoirs. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:20pm via TweetCaster for Android
@katcollinskc @JournalChat now that I have children,i'm realizing how impor this is for them.My toddler has her own scrapbooks #JournalChat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling I can also see how viewing past entries can help you determine how to write better ones. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling I can also see how viewing past entries can help you determine how to write better ones. #JournalChat #Journaling
katcollinskc4:20pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat That's great! I have so much in mine that I'm happy I started #journaling at a young age.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:20pm via HootSuite
Then we can share our lessons learned from our journals in our memoirs! #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:20pm via HootSuite
Then we can share our lessons learned from our journals in our memoirs! #JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:19pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling Ah, yes, learning from mistakes;#Journaling is good for showing us where we can make positive change. :) #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:19pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling Ah, yes, learning from mistakes;#Journaling is good for showing us where we can make positive change. :) #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:19pm via TweetChat
How rough those memory diamonds are depends on how what and how much you included when you wrote those entries. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:18pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I think it's great that I have my whole married and mothering life written in my journals!#JournalChat
DawnHerring4:18pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I think it's great that I have my whole married and mothering life written in my journals!#JournalChat
katcollinskc4:18pm via TweetChat
– truths that lie beneath the surface of your writing and reveal the heart of your story #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:18pm via TweetCaster for Android
RT @katcollinskc: In your journals are diamonds, just waiting for you to discover them and turn them into memoirs. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:18pm via TweetChat
You’ll need to uncover the truths hidden within your original, unpolished entries #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:17pm via TweetChat
In your journals are diamonds, just waiting for you to discover them and turn them into memoirs.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:17pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc It's nice to change it up; keep it fresh.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:16pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc Thanks for the link, Kat; will save for future posting! #JournalChat
easyjournaling4:16pm via Twitter for iPhone
@JournalChat Learning from past mistakes... Enjoyment... Improving journaling. #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:16pm via TweetCaster for Android
RT @JournalChat: Our journals, regardless of our approach, pen to paper or digital, can help us mind for #Memoir#JournalChat #Journaling
katcollinskc4:16pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Journaling also establishes a timeline of when events occurred. Helped me create an outline/timeline for my memoir #JournalChat
JournalChat4:15pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Some prefer to type over writing; but each approach does have a different feel to it. Yes, Stash! ;) #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:15pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat Absolutely! It doesn't matter the type of journal, all that matters is the content. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:14pm via TweetChat
@queen_elisheba I blog on 4 blogs. It's nice to journal on something else! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:14pm via TweetCaster for Android
#JournalChat although i'm against digital photography too, because I LOVE film!
JournalChat4:14pm via HootSuite
Our journals, regardless of our approach, pen to paper or digital, can help us mind for #Memoir.#JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:14pm via HootSuite
Our journals, regardless of our approach, pen to paper or digital, can help us mind for #Memoir.#JournalChat #Journaling
katcollinskc4:14pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat I also wrote a blog post on how to discover the heart of your journals.ow.ly/dwFz6 #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:13pm via TweetCaster for Android
#JournalChat i'd love a digital journal, but then it would feel like my blog. I like pen, paper, finish, stash.
JournalChat4:13pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling How have you benefited from reading past entries, Sam? #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:11pm via TweetCaster for Android
Hello! @katcollinskc: Hi queen_elisheba Welcome back. :) #JournalChat
JournalChat4:11pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc Yes, even noticing how handwriting changes from day to day can say something.#JournalChat #Journaling
JournalChat4:10pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I've never used a digital journal either; It's always been pen to paper for me. I'm also an artist; I can relate! #JournalChat
queen_elisheba4:09pm via TweetCaster for Android
#JournalChat phone died as I sent last tweet, hello all!
katcollinskc4:09pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I love seeing how my handwriting has changed through the years as "I grew up."#JournalChat
katcollinskc4:08pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat I tried digital, but there's just something about the feel of pen and paper for me. Maybe it's the artist in me. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc There is so much that can be learned from our journal entries. What a gold mine of growth that can be seen! #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:08pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc There is so much that can be learned from our journal entries. What a gold mine of growth that can be seen! #JournalChat
JournalChat4:08pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat My past journals provide the life lessons I now pass down to other generations. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:08pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @JournalChat My past journals provide the life lessons I now pass down to other generations. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc That would be a challenge, if you don't start out digital. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:07pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling Saving time is a huge benefit, Sam. I love this idea of having older entries to read.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
RT @easyjournaling: Yes, it's a nice blast from the past now and again. Also saves you the time of going back and looking. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:06pm via HootSuite
RT @easyjournaling: Yes, it's a nice blast from the past now and again. Also saves you the time of going back and looking. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:06pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat My past journals provide the life lessons I now pass down to other generations.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:06pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc I don't journal that intention of writing memoir either; I just journal because it's my life passion. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:05pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 It was great to have you, Madeline. Thanks so much for joining us. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:04pm via TweetChat
@easyjournaling I don't think I could take the time to make all my journals digital! Whew! It'd take forever.#JournalChat
JournalChat4:03pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I totally understand that, Madeline. What we write in our journals can trigger Heartfelt emotions. #JournalChat #Journaling
DawnHerring4:03pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I totally understand that, Madeline. What we write in our journals can trigger Heartfelt emotions. #JournalChat #Journaling
katcollinskc4:02pm via TweetChat
@madeline40 Thanks for joining us! I enjoyed chatting with you. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:02pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling Now, that's a cool amenity. I like that idea a lot, Sam. Sending past entries at random.#JournalChat #Journaling
katcollinskc4:02pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat That's right. I never thought I'd be writing a memoir now! And I don't journal with that intention. #JournalChat
madeline404:02pm via web
Time to say goodbye for today. Thanks, @DawnHerring for inviting me. Bye everyone.#JournalChat
easyjournaling4:01pm via Twitter for iPhone
@katcollinskc Yes, it's a nice blast from the past now and again. Also saves you the time of going back and looking. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:01pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat It's surrounding journal entries(the before and after an event),political & social events,general emotional state #JournalChat
JournalChat4:01pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 Often times, we don't think of memoir ahead of time with #Journaling; we just do it because we want/need to. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:00pm via TweetChat
@madeline40 I'm finding that I have to process everything again as I write my memoir. Very difficult, but healing. #JournalChat
JournalChat4:00pm via HootSuite
Kat, your third approach is for information that informs context. You're welcome to share more on this. #JournalChat
DawnHerring4:00pm via HootSuite
Kat, your third approach is for information that informs context. You're welcome to share more on this. #JournalChat
katcollinskc4:00pm via TweetChat
@easyjournaling Wow. I've never tried that before. That would be quite interesting. #JournalChat
madeline403:59pm via web
@katcollinskc Going through my journals made me cry. Even rereading parts of my memoir makes me cry. #JournalChat
easyjournaling3:59pm via Twitter for iPhone
@katcollinskc A lot of digital journaling services like Penzu or Everyday.me will send you past entries randomly via email. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:59pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: it’s true that your time is limited and you can’t include everything in every entry#JournalChat
DawnHerring3:59pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: it’s true that your time is limited and you can’t include everything in every entry#JournalChat
JournalChat3:58pm via HootSuite
@easyjournaling Sam, Welcome back to#JournalChat; good to see you! To see how your thinking has changed. Great idea. #Journaling
katcollinskc3:58pm via TweetChat
@madeline40 I'm having that problem now. Mining journals about divorce is causing some painful and difficult memories. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:57pm via HootSuite
@katcollinskc Yes. That's why we're covering this topic! It can be motivating to write more of what matters to you. #JournalChat #Journaling
madeline403:57pm via web
@madeline40 @katcollinskc And, I wasn't even planning a memoir at the time I started journaling. That came much later. #JournalChat
katcollinskc3:57pm via TweetChat
@easyjournaling Me, too! W/out those journals,I wouldn’t remember some of the moments that formed who I am today. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:56pm via HootSuite
@madeline40 I've read the first 20 or so journal to index them, but with over 50 journals total, that's a lot of reading! #JournalChat
madeline403:56pm via web
@DawnHerring Yes, and I never know what will come up as a result. #JournalChat
madeline403:55pm via web
@katcollinskc Luckily for me I had enough info, but I also included other writing and poems.#JournalChat
JournalChat3:55pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40#Journaling can be very healing. It helped while my son was sick with bipolar and after his suicide. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:55pm via HootSuite
RT @madeline40#Journaling can be very healing. It helped while my son was sick with bipolar and after his suicide. #JournalChat
katcollinskc3:55pm via TweetChat
it’s true that your time is limited and you can’t include everything in every entry #JournalChat
JournalChat3:54pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @madeline40 I never have a specific plan. I just pour out whatever I'm thinking and feeling at the time. #JournalChat
DawnHerring3:54pm via HootSuite
RT @katcollinskc: @madeline40 I never have a specific plan. I just pour out whatever I'm thinking and feeling at the time. #JournalChat
JournalChat3:54pm via HootSuite
@queen_elisheba Welcome back to #JournalChatLive, Elizabeth! Good to see you. :)
easyjournaling3:54pm via Twitter for iPhone
@DawnHerring I audit entries from the past to remind myself what I was think at the time#JournalChat
katcollinskc3:54pm via TweetChat
@JournalChat It's been a huge part of my life. Been journaling for over 20 years! #JournalChat

No comments:

Post a Comment